[IC] Jesting Jesters vs Samurai Head-Hunters

Started by Throndir, August 10, 2014, 10:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

The various teams fighting in the tournament brought only more an more onlookers, shouting out and cheering for their favored victors. This first round too was met with close speculation. After all, two teams from the guild of Galas'nor was about to face off in combat.

"We have a special treat folks! This will be our first fight between two teams from the same guild! The luck of the draw couldn't be better if I say so myself." There was a chuckle from beside him. It was a lady dressed in a ball-room gown.

"And look at the combatants, proudly showing their Galas'nor emblems. On one team we have the team lead by Wolfrin Fenris! The Samurai Head-Hunters!" There was a loud roar of approval.

"On the other side we have the Jesting Jesters. But don't let that fool you! They have our very own shopkeeper in the party after all, and everyone knows shopkeepers are actually retired adventurers." There was some chuckles from the audience, but he continued. "A month's allowance on the Jesting Jesters!"

"Oh excuse me! The Samurai Head-Hunters will so win this fight."

"Nah, the Jesting Jesters!" He replied back sharply.

"Samurai Head-Hunters!" The two kept arguing back and forth, until one of them pulled out a coin.

"Heads says its the Jesting Jesters, and tails would be the Head-Hunters," With that he flipped the coin as a resounding ding was heard from the loudspeaker.

[spoiler]1 = Heads
2 = Tails
[blockquote]Rolled 1d2 : 2, total 2[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

"Hah! Take that!" There was a disgruntled moan.

"Bah. Let's see the real fight!" With that, the arena where the combatants stood warped and changed. The lights grew dim, and before you knew it, there was nothing but pitch darkness. No lights were visible, but you could still hear the constant ringing of the loudspeaker as well as the crowds somewhere above them. A voice broke the darkness.

"The darkness arena! Be wary of the traps, but also be wary of the enemy!"

QuoteDarkness arena rules:
  • Every turn 6 traps are placed on a random 5 by 5 ft place on the map. Traps reset.
  • Multiple trap types: Fire trap dealing 2d6, reflex DC 15 for half. Paralysis needle trap DC 15 reflex or paralyzed until the end of your next turn. Oilslick trap DC 20 reflex, or fall Prone.
  • DC 15 search required to notice traps.
  • Trap locations are given to the team that triggered it. Use traps to your advantage!
  • All light sources have half their listed light illumination. Eg, if a light source has bright light in 20 ft, and shadowy illumination 40 ft. That is reduced to 10 ft bright, and 20 ft. illumination. This includes Dark vision spells.
  • The black 4x2 in the middle is an impenetrable wall of darkness.
  • The first 4 blocks where players start as well as the wall of darkness in the middle do not spawn traps.
  • Players can search for traps all squares around them within a 10 ft. radius by taking a -8 to their search check as a standard action.
  • Please be specific when specifying movement. Eg, I move S, S, E, E, E, and attack.
  • With one global grid map seen by both players, please try to reduce "player knowledge". Likewise to those who are sneaking around, be wise when you roll for Hide or Move Silently. (Preferably roll those rolls during the turn you plan to strike as to further help with preventing the use of "player knowledge").
  • This is a PVP match. No karma usage allowed. Auto attack rules are still place after a 48 hour inactivity.

Burdenking

Ollete looked around her and only saw darkness, If it weren't for the announcer's loud calls, she could have sworn she was sleeping in her bed. "It's so dark! We could play so many games!" Ollete called out excitedly, then twirled around in joy. "Come on everyone!" She said with conviction, charging off into the darkness without anyform of caution.

(move to 5-G)

freaks2526

The moment Dahlia saw the darkness she immediately felt right at home. "Our enemies do not stand a chance." She said to her teammates standing next to her. "If," she continued, "You stay out of my way. I wont be responsible for you." With one last glance, she darted into the darkness.

Search for traps while moving to I-10.
[spoiler]Search [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+10 : 20 + 10, total 30[/blockquote][/spoiler]

kai927

As soon as the lights went out, Katia knew she had a major advantage. Thanks to her forced stay on the Plane of Shadow, this darkness enveloped arena felt almost like home. Likely unseen by the others on her team, Katia's shadow frolics around in joy, as if the shadow was expressing the emotions that Katia did not display.

Moving quickly, her crossbow suddenly in hand, Katia moves to the left of the giant impenetrable wall of darkness, and summons up the needed energy to alter the terrain itself against her foes. As she does this, though it is hard to tell, a swirl of shadows surrounds her, making it difficult to focus on her properly.

(Activate Child of Shadows stance. Move to 4-J. Readying an action to cast Sudden Pit as soon as any member of the Samurai Headhunters enters or tries to pass through squares 6-I, 6-J, 6-K, 6-L, 7-I, 7-J, 7-K, 7-L)

omnicrux

Crux glances around the dark room looking for a shred of light.Closing his eyes and using his samurai spirit , He finds himself among allies. as he hears one of them threaten him and his comrade and run off , he finds that his odds of getting out alive have slimmed down. looking towards his fellow mate, " OK we need a plan and we need one fast." sensing around for any evil aura's he stands on guard awaiting to see what lies ahead.

EDIT: Listening for sounds [spoiler][blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 15 + 2, total 17[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Katrias Lyseer

First the Grey Jester ran off into the darkness, then their shadowcaster ally. It was pitch dark for goodness sakes! Katrias laughed almost maniacally at the absurdity of the situation. What was the point anyways? And to think that she had found herself an actual member of the Guild of Galas'nor. To Katrias, it didn't seem that long ago when she was teasing Ryine about his guild, and before she knew it, she had their emblem stuck to a ring she wore. And now she was to fight them!

"I absolutely love this oh so cruel world that pits me against my own allies." Her voice would have been sarcastic but she said it in an almost even and dull tone. But not a moment later she began to pull out what looked to be a foot long rod. It was pitch darkness, but as she moved her free hand in practiced motion she could see the spell taking root. Light glowed around her, as swirls of arcane energy danced around her fingertips.

"Schirm"

[spoiler]Move action: Take out Sunrod.
Standard action: Katrias casts Shield on herself.

QuoteSunrod: This 1-foot-long, gold-tipped, iron rod glows brightly
when struck. It clearly illuminates a 30-foot radius and provides
shadowy illumination in a 60-foot radius. It glows for 6 hours, after
which the gold tip is burned out and worthless. See pages 164 for
more rules on illumination.

QuoteShield
Abjuration [Force]
Level: Sor/Wiz 1
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 min./level (D)
Shield creates an invisible, tower shield-
sized mobile disk of force that hovers in
front of you. It negates magic missile attacks
directed at you. The disk also provides a +4
shield bonus to AC. This bonus applies
against incorporeal touch attacks, since it
is a force effect. The shield has no armor
check penalty or arcane spell failure
chance. Unlike with a normal tower
shield, you can?t use the shield spell for
cover.
[/spoiler]
Idiots. A whole bunch of idiots.

Throndir

QuoteNote, Mysticsage is the DM for this match. I'm in charge of the grid maps.

Wolfrin Fenris

Wolfrin blinked as the lights dimmed and finally winked out above them, and they were submerged in darkness. Almost immediately a voice to his right announced, "Our enemies do not stand a chance. If, you stay out of my way. I wont be responsible for you." And then his female teammate, Dahlia he reminded himself, was gone. He couldn't even hear her footsteps. Skilled then. And none too friendly. Great. Wolfrin sighed. Then, from behind him, he heard the other man assigned to his team. He heard him clearly. Armor creaking, sword rattling in its sheath. There was a sharp intake of breath and then, " OK we need a plan and we need one fast."

Wolfrin couldn't help a rueful shake of his head. "You're not wrong." He reached down to his left with his open palm and felt the soft fur of his companion meet his hand. Reassured, he said "We work better alone. So heres the plan. We're gonna get hunting, and you are not to follow us and give us away. If you have a light, I suggest you use it. I would suggest staying here, but if you must wander out after us, I suggest taking a light. Happy hunting!"

With that, Wolfrin brought to mind the words to a spell that would be most useful in this situation. Suddenly his vision blurred, and then clarified. Everything was black and white. Still, his vision was sharp, and the details were visible, what details there were to see in this seemingly austere stone stadium. He looked down towards his left, to his best friend and companion Buddy, and almost instinctually the large wolf looked up to meet his eyes. Golden eyes met golden eyes, and with that they set off at a slow walk, wary and watchful. Not very far forward he noticed his vision simply went black. To the left and right he could see the gray walls, but straight ahead was a wall of utter darkness. This must be the area of impenetrable darkness. This spell won't help me in there....best to steer clear, for now.

[spoiler] Cast
Compound Vision
Transmutation
Level: Drd 1, Rgr 1
Components: V,S,DF
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Touch
Target: Living creature touched
Duration: 10 minutes/level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)
The subject?s eyes transform into the compound
eyes of an insect, enabling the subject to see 60 feet
even in complete darkness. Darkvision is devoid of
color; all details and features are viewed in black and
white only. In addition, the subject cannot see through
or into magical darkness. Because the subject?s eyes
are more sensitive than normal, he receives a ?1
circumstance penalty to all saving throws against
light based effects, such as color spray.

It also affects Buddy due to
Share Spells (Ex): At the druid?s option, she may have any spell (but
not any spell-like ability) she casts upon herself also affect her animal
companion. The animal companion must be within 5 feet of her at the
time of casting to receive the benefit. If the spell or effect has a duration
other than instantaneous, it stops affecting the animal companion if the
companion moves farther than 5 feet away and will not affect the animal
again, even if it returns to the druid before the duration expires.
Additionally, the druid may cast a spell with a target of ?You? on her
animal companion (as a touch range spell) instead of on herself. A druid
and her animal companion can share spells even if the spells normally
do not affect creatures of the companion?s type (animal).

Listening for suspicious sounds This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+9 : 6 + 9, total 15
I use Handle Animal to get Buddy to use his Warn Trick *Take 10*+11 = 21
Wolfrin moves to 9C
Buddy moves to 8/9 A/B[/spoiler]

EDIT: Cause I didnt read the intro post for the RP aspects XD and for incorrect placement of Buddy.
BEEP

omnicrux

Seeing that everyone he knew left into the abyss, crux gets out his everlasting torch and ignites it, cutting into the darkness of the room he sees a little with his elven eyes to help him see just a bit further.  " i guess i should go also and look around to see what i can find" he says to himself. and with his left hand holding up the rod and his other hand ready to draw his katana he ventures forward. ( 8 F )

Mysticsage

"Oh and it looks like we had our first slip up!" screamed the male announcer, "Who would have thought that the Jester's decision to run forward without hesitation would cause her to not notice the trap right in front of her!"

"There's a lesson if foresight and caution kids" the female announcer giggled.

"Now the question is can she keep her head on as she goes flying forward or will she need up losing her footing right off the bat?"

[spoiler]Olette
Please make two separate reflex saves one to stay standing and the other to keep your head on from inpacting into the wall of blackness.[/spoiler]

"And now it's time to reset those traps!"

Burdenking

Ollete may have regretted running on ahead into complete darkness, and then activating an Oil slick trap would have defiantly have made a sensible person regret her life's decision. However, Ollete isn't sensible, and actually began to laugh as her footing gave out and the Oil took control of her motion. "Hahahahah, Wheeeeeee!" She called out, enjoying herself greatly.

[spoiler][blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 2 + 7, total 9[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Burdenking

[spoiler][blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 13 + 7, total 20[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Katrias Lyseer

She heard a crashing sound somewhere in front of her followed by Ollete's joyful laughing. Katrias would have found the situation slightly amusing, though she never was one to laugh all that match.

"Traps now? Well of course. Whoever designed this arena really must like rogues." She sighed.

Katrias knew very well the powers of a Shadowcaster, so when Katia disappeared to the left, her only option was to throw the sunrod far to the right. Shadowcasters revelled in darkness, and who was Katrias to take that away. Hurling the sunrod off into the darkness, Katrias took a step closer to her allies, noting specifically where Ollete had slipped.

[spoiler]5 ft. step to G2.
Standard action: Throw Sunrod at C4 to lighten up the area with 15 ft. bright light, and 30 ft. shadowy illumination (including the dim effect). Target should be 25 ft. away so I take -4 to my attack roll. Would this be a throw splash weapon?
Move action: Take out another Sunrod

QuoteSunrod: This 1-foot-long, gold-tipped, iron rod glows brightly
when struck. It clearly illuminates a 30-foot radius and provides
shadowy illumination in a 60-foot radius. It glows for 6 hours, after
which the gold tip is burned out and worthless. See pages 164 for
more rules on illumination.

QuoteTHROW SPLASH WEAPON
A splash weapon is a ranged weapon that breaks on impact, splash-
ing or scattering its contents over its target and nearby creatures or
objects. Most splash weapons consist of liquids, such as acid or holy
water, in breakable vials such as glass flasks. (See Special Substances
and Items, page 128, for particulars about several different splash
weapons.)
To attack with a splash weapon, make a ranged touch attack
against the target. Thrown weapons require no weapon proficiency,
so you don?t take the ?4 nonproficiency penalty. A hit deals direct
hit damage to the target, and splash damage to all creatures within 5
feet of the target.
You can instead target a specific grid intersection. Treat this as a
ranged attack against AC 5. However, if you target a grid intersec-
tion, creatures in all adjacent squares are dealt the splash damage,
and the direct hit damage is not dealt to any creature. (You can?t
target a grid intersection occupied by a creature, such as a Large or
larger creature; in this case, you?re aiming at the creature.)
[/spoiler]
Idiots. A whole bunch of idiots.