[IC] The Silver Arms vs Love&Peace

Started by Throndir, August 09, 2014, 10:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

"Here we have it folks! More death for all! Coming from the far city of Taelthan, and visiting us through their handy warp-gates, is the famed Silver Arms! City order and enforcers, they've come to make their name known." The crowd cheered as three individuals appeared on the arena, brandishing unique looking bags, trimmed in red.

"On the other side, we have the guild called Love and Peace! It's a strange name for a guild, but hey! We get them all the time!" With that the combatants appeared, two individuals dressed up in monk robes, while a third dressed in a red suit sporting spiked blonde hair, a pair of shades, and two guns at his side.

"Let's see what arena the tournament has in store for us!" Even before the words left his mouth, the arena started to warp and change. Before they knew it, a huge wind blasted both sets of combatants, each side just barely managing to hold their position.

"Oh goody! Looks like it's the Air arena!"

"Make sure not to fall off!"

As the party got more used to the blasting wind, they realized the arena had changed. Sheer cliffs ending in pitch darkness fell before them on either side. With the walkways only being 10 feet in length, and the gusting of wind proving to be so powerful, it was already looking dangerous. You were comforted by the fact that the badges each of you had on your person would teleport you to safety, but as you realized the opposing team charging their way towards you, that comfort held little hope to some potentially tough enemies.

QuoteAir arena rules:
  • Direction of wind is given in the map picture above (white arrow) at the start of each round. At the end of the round (when both sets of teams are able to position themselves), a strong gust will move the players 5 ft in that direction. (Falling off if they're not in the right place).
  • If characters fall. a DC 15 climb check is needed to get back on the field. No attack of opportunity is provoked, but will take a full-round action to do so.
  • There are 4 platforms on each corner of the arena that can be jumped towards.
  • DC 15 concentration check is required to cast spells.
  • Ranged attacks are at -4 attack.
  • No other effects of Wind other than listed above take affect.

Linwelin

[spoiler]Spells prepared (that I consider important to note, part of combat plan):
1st level- Entangle, Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame
2nd level- Flaming Sphere, Resist Energy
[/spoiler]

This will get pretty ugly, but should work well considering the terrain. I'd actually been hoping for an arena that restricts movement! Uthaal moves a few steps in order to line up against the left side of the path so the wind doesn't knock him off, having Din'carak follow suit.

"Stand back, you two, I'll make things a little difficult for them while we position ourselves." With that, Uthaal took out a branch of holly and focused his mind, calling out to the undergrowth hidden amongst the mountainous terrain, then shouted, while sweeping his arm upward, "Rise! And entangle my foes!"

Suddenly the ground cracked as brambles grew suddenly from the ground within 40ft, centered around the opposing guild.

[spoiler]http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Entangle
Also spending 3 karma to do an additional spell cast[/spoiler]

But Uthaal wasn't done yet. In a display of extreme focus and skill, he had flourished his hand while casting his first spell to call forth a sphere of flame 15ft in front of the enemy on the right. Where the ball touched, fire bloomed on the plants, causing the terrain to not only be difficult, but dangerous. Uthaal then moved the ball in a serpentine motion, stopping it directly in front of the combatant on the left. This burst the entire 10ft x 15ft area in front of the enemy team to burn brightly with fire, as well as block off the left side with a ball of fire.

He then called out, "You either walk through my flames, or at least one of you shall fall into the pit! Your move!"

[spoiler]http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Flaming_Sphere

Summary: Uthaal and Din line themselves along the left side of the path to avoid being pushed off. Uthaal casts Entangle to cause plants to grow and seize anyone in a 40ft radius, centered around the enemy. This also covers the jump-to platforms on their side. Uthaal then lights the 10 x 15ft area in front of them with fire, which should cause 1d6 fire damage to walk through. The sphere still remains in front of them, on the left side. If they walk into that square they take 2d6 damage from the sphere.

Your call if they also take damage from the burning ground, but I doubt they'll walk in there anyways haha

Also, they need to make reflex saves (I think they're DC 13, 10 + CL) to avoid being entangled. http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Entangled

Either way, they now also move at half speed until out of the plants.

Also, not sure how to rule being entangled and pushed by wind. Fall prone, or just don't move?[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

QuoteWith the strongs winds, I want Uthaal to roll a Concentration check for each spell cast separately. I've resolved the 3 karma usage.

Linwelin

[spoiler]Crap haha, ok.

[blockquote]Concentration 1:  1d20+3 : 17 + 3, total 20[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Concentration 2:  1d20+3 : 15 + 3, total 18[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

The man in the red trench coat managed to evade the tangling roots of wood as they reached for them. He made his way forward, seemingly ignoring the fire as he pulled both guns out and started onloading the bullets on Uthaal. His two companions behind him struggle as they attempt to free themselves. One of them broke free from her bonds, but the other was still stuck.

Both shots completely missed, the wind enough to make the aiming just a bit more difficult.

QuoteTrenchcoat: Move, takes 3 fire damage, shoots at Uthaal and misses.
Female: Broke free.
Male: Still stuck.

Waiting on: Haru and Arian

Throndir

QuoteArian takes out bow, and attacks red gunslinger with bow. Applied the -4 from the wind. -4 from soft cover because of Uthaal.

This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+4 : 5 + 4, total 9
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d8+2 : 3 + 2, total 5

Throndir

[spoiler]
QuoteI'll post as Haru tomorrow, and remind Manzo again tonight.
[/spoiler]

Throndir

"I missed! How could I miss! How can I, Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser the Third, miss!" Just as the man finished, a gust of wind blew. 

"W-whoa!" The look on his face was priceless as he fell off the bridge. It didn't take him long however to climb back up.

Meanwhile his two companions wasted no time either attempting to free themselves or closing the gap to the Silver Arms.

QuoteHaru doesn't do anything but prepare for the wind.

New round start.

Wind continues to blow in the same direction.

Flaming Sphere: 2 rounds left
Entangle: 29 rounds left

Trenchcoat: Takes 4 fire damage. Pushed off ledge. Climbs back up.
Female: Takes 6 fire damage. Succeed reflex. Moves, and moves.
Male: Attempts to free himself. Still stuck.
Din: Pushed off ledge.
Everyone else: Pushed 5 ft. East.

Attack of Opportunity for Uthaal vs Female.
Din'carak needs to roll a Climb check, DC 15 to succeed, or stay at the side of the wall.

Left to move: Uthaal, Din, Arian, Haru

Linwelin

[spoiler][blockquote]Din's Climb:  1d20+11 : 10 + 11, total 21[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

Seeing the woman recklessly free herself and spend all her energy charging, Uthaal smirked as he took the chance to swipe at her with his scimitar. He then retreated out of her reach and turned his attention back to the flaming sphere, which he rolled into the gunman. A sniper is the last thing we need right now, I need to take care of him. He seems to be the leader, after all.

Meanwhile, Din'Carak quickly makes his way back up the wall and moves to block the woman from getting to Uthaal, ready to strike.

[spoiler]Uthaal moves to F12 after making his AoO, then moves the flaming sphere to G4.

Din'Carak climbs and moves to F11 (Assuming he can't attack this turn, wasn't sure. If he can, lemme know and I'll roll attack.[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

[spoiler][blockquote]AoO:  1d20+4 : 16 + 4, total 20[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage if hit:  1d6+2 : 1 + 2, total 3[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Burning Sphere v. Gunman, Ref DC 13 negates:  2d6 : 2, 3, total 5[/blockquote]

Also, what's the ruling on the burning vines, do they still try to grab at people in them?[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

QuoteUthaal: Hits with AoO and deals 3 non-lethal damage. (I assume you're unarmed).
Uthaal: Moves to F12, triggers an AoO, damaged 8 points. Takes 1 bleeding damage per round.

QuoteA creature that is taking bleed damage takes the listed amount of damage at the beginning of its turn. Bleeding can be stopped by a DC 15 Heal check or through the application of any spell that cures hit point damage (even if the bleed is ability damage). Some bleed effects cause ability damage or even ability drain. Bleed effects do not stack with each other unless they deal different kinds of damage. When two or more bleed effects deal the same kind of damage, take the worse effect. In this case, ability drain is worse than ability damage.

Arian: 5 ft steps West, Free: Drops bow. Move: Draws out swords as part of the move action. Standard: Attacks the Female with sickle.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 3 + 7, total 10[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6+3 : 4 + 3, total 7[/blockquote]

Left to move: Haru

Throndir

Throndir

QuoteHaru moves 10 ft. up, and flurry of blows.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 12 + 4, total 16[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6+5 : 1 + 5, total 6[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 9 + 4, total 13[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6+5 : 6 + 5, total 11[/blockquote]

Throndir

QuoteVash dodges the flaming orb.
Females takes 6 damage.

Damage Dealt:
Trenchcoat: 7
Female: 12

Round ends. Everyone pushed East 5 ft. Haru and Din falls off.

Vash takes 3 fire damage.

Flaming Sphere: 1 rounds left
Entangle: 28 rounds left

Male: Attempt to free himself, succeeds.
Vash: Vines tangle Vash. Vash fails to free himself.
Female: Attacks Arian flurry of blows. Arian takes 6 damage. 4 bleeding damage.

Climb check DC 15 to succeed for Din and Haru. Fullround action to climb back up.

Damage Dealt:
Trenchcoat: 7
Female: 12
Arian: 6, 3 bleeding
Uthaal: 8, 1 bleeding

Uthaal to roll Flame Sphere damage.

Left to move: Arian, Uthaal, Din, Haru