The Sale

Started by Linwelin, March 12, 2014, 01:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

Kin quickly climbs up on a chair in the middle on the guild's main hall, clears his throat, and begins his announcement. "Fellow guildmates! I have returned from my day in the shops bearing good news! I have in my possession a magical item that I am not in need of, one which many of you may be envious of and eager to have!" With that he holds the necklace over his head with pride and confidence. "A necklace of FIREBALLS!"

Though he had gotten the attention of many in the hall, he had hardly captured their hearts. Many looked at him in confusion, or even giving him the 'not again' eye roll. He was used to that though.

"This baby here holds five small gold spheres that can be removed and thrown. Upon hitting a target, the sphere will erupt into a fireball whose power depends on the size of the sphere thrown. This one has three different sizes, two very small spheres, and two slightly larger ones, and one of medium size. Even the smallest still pack quite a punch, though!"

Now people looked at him somewhat in fear. "What? It's not like I'm gonna start throwing them INSIDE the HALL!" Now the looks were those of mistrust. "Oh, come on!" He blurted out. It was his turn to eye roll.

Kin clears his throat again. Anyway...I'm looking to sell this explosive piece of jewelry. After debating my idea with the one who appraised the items, he told me that 550 gold is a fair price. Any takers!? Note, that if your take damage from fire there is a chance it could set off this item, so I recommend this for anyone NOT in the front lines of battle."

[spoiler]
Price asked: 550g

Necklace of Fireballs - Type II
This item appears to be a string or cluster of spherical beads, sometimes with the ends tied together to form a necklace.

(It does not count as an item worn around the neck for the purpose of determining which of a character's worn magic items is effective.) If a character holds it, however, all can see the strand as it really is—a golden chain from which hang a number of golden spheres. The spheres are detachable by the wearer (and only by the wearer), who can easily hurl one of them up to 70 feet. When a sphere arrives at the end of its trajectory, it detonates as a fireball spell (Reflex DC 14 half).

This necklace holds: 2 spheres of 2d6 fireballs, 2 spheres of 4d6 fireballs, and 1 sphere of 6d6 fireball.

If the necklace is being worn or carried by a character who fails her saving throw against a magical fire attack, the item must make a saving throw as well (with a save bonus of +7). If the necklace fails to save, all its remaining spheres detonate simultaneously, often with regrettable consequences for the wearer.[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Linwelin

After watching people around him slowly changing their looks of wonder and interest to those of fear and annoyance, Kin couldn't help but pout. "Geez, not even an offer, or an attempt to bargain? Well fine, seeing how our guild pyro is the only one interested- and yes, Lyolf, I saw that gaze of yours- I'll just head back down to the shop to sell it. Lord knows if you guys won't trust ME with it, I may as well get rid of it."

A hop and a sprint later, and Kin was already out the door, off to sell his loot.

"And here I thought someone would find it useful. Well, whatever." Kin sighs as he makes his way to Filli's shop.

"Oy, Filli! You know that necklace from a while back? Yea, seems no one wanted it. And you wouldn't believe what it can do!...

[spoiler]
No takers, so I'm just gonna sell it for gold for Kin. Tune in next time for a new experience in: KIN'S EXTRAORDINARY AUCTION![/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]