[Interest Check] Fight to Win - a stylish game of duels for survival.

Started by Kain, February 18, 2014, 04:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

Take your time lol if there is anything we can do to help you out just ask

Linwelin

Sorry I totally overlooked this! I'm soooooo in!

With my past record, I'm used to characters dying and needing to reroll lol. But anyways, my idea on addressing Lance's good point.

What if we aren't the only ones, as players, that find items. We'll fight others that you create, and if we lose our character, we can opt to get a new persona, within a limit, that had also been "lucky". That way, people can also get used to the system and play multiple ideas. As Thron said, permadeath makes it fun, and most of all makes death meaningful. If you're actually afraid of dying, it makes the rp more intense.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

How about our first character is what we make, personalize, etc. If we do die, we'd have to play a whole different pregenerated character that Kain creates. That way Kain can go ahead and make like another 10 NPCs, that we can fill in the role after our own character dies. Just throwing out some ideas. I like permadeath, but I also like being able to keep dead-players somehow still playing in one way or another. It promotes activity. XD

Kain has the final dice throw though.

Kain

I write, I draw, and I turn into an eagle during sex.
Also I play Swift and Vanil.

Mysticsage

So Kain will you choose for us the items we get depending on the character we create?  I've got an idea in mind but if he gets the wrong type of weapon then he will be dead in the water as soon as the game starts is that kind of risk possible you think?

Burdenking

will this be on the forum? or is there some other thing  you guys were going to do with it?

Kain

Quote from: Mysticsage on March 01, 2014, 05:21:25 PM
So Kain will you choose for us the items we get depending on the character we create?  I've got an idea in mind but if he gets the wrong type of weapon then he will be dead in the water as soon as the game starts is that kind of risk possible you think?

I think it'll be up to the player. Some people might want it randomly but I feel like most of you have an idea for what item would fit your character so I will aim for that instead.

Quote from: Burdenking on April 07, 2014, 01:52:19 PM
will this be on the forum? or is there some other thing  you guys were going to do with it?

It'll be a forum game.

I write, I draw, and I turn into an eagle during sex.
Also I play Swift and Vanil.

Throndir

I personally like the idea of having random equipment. But if player's get to choose equipment, then I think you should at least choose what the abilities of the artifact would be. It's just so that one player can't have a sword that destroys the world, while another is stuck with, say, a watering can with an unlimited supply of water.

Mysticsage

Hey Kain I thought I should ask ahead of time if my plan for the rp will work or not I'll send you a pm or something