Flander's Fletching!

Started by Wolfrin Fenris, January 18, 2014, 07:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfrin Fenris

As you step into the shop, your assaulted by the multitude of items lining the walls and covering the four tables set in the middle of the room.

On the walls are various Bows and Crossbows, on the tables sit arrows and bolts of all kinds, and in buckets in the corners and propped up against the walls are javelins, throwing knives, thrown axes and more.

Turning from a table where sit a plethora of feathers, string, wooden shafts for arrows, woodworking tools, and more, a man see's you entering.

A broad smile lines his face as he welcomes you, "Welcome friends! Come on in! Feel free to browse, Everything you see is for sale, and if you don't see it here, I might have it in the back, and if I don't have it in the back, I can make it special order for you! Whatever your need is just keep in mind,  if you like to keep a distance, always stay close to Flander's Fletching!

QuoteYou may sell items to this shop if it's something you think they would buy. The shopkeepers use their own discretion if they want to buy it and think they can still make a profit. The price that they will always accept is roughly 30% of the items price. There may be cases where they pay for higher. It's more advisable to trade with players.
BEEP

Wolfrin Fenris

BEEP

Lia Starweaver

"Hey mister!" A voice called out from an elf browsing the wares. She wore clothing of green and blue, with some golden trimmings to tie it all together. She held up an arrow.

"You happen to have anything... magical?" She asked earnestly.

Dan-e

"Greetings shop keep," Markus smiled back as he lays his crossbow on the counter. "I am keen to upgrade my current crossbow solution from this masterful item here to something a little more... dangerous." Looking towards the magical items Markus continues. "I see that you have a very nice +1 light crossbow, perhaps I would be able to purchase that item from you today? I'm interested in a trade-in using my crossbow here to lower some of the cost... say 100 gold off of the cost of your crossbow sound reasonable enough?"

Wolfrin Fenris

@Lia

Rising from his workbench Flanders approaches the elf maiden. "Aye, I might at that. As you can see there's a few masterful items of my own creation. And  even a few imbued with a smidgen of magic to improve ones aim and make one's arrows fly truer."

The middle aged man, of average height and build, brown hair short but curly and calm demeanor regarded the young woman. "Ahh but I think you're interested in something particular. Tell me what you seek and I will let you know if its within my skill to create." A glint enters the man's eyes, "for the right price of course!"
BEEP

Wolfrin Fenris

@Markus

My what a busy day! Flander's ponders to himself as he sees a young man enter his shop. Word of the quality of my wares must finally be spreading. Feeling quite pleased at the prospect, Flanders set down his tools and rose as the young man approached, making no effort to hide his pleasant smile.

Quote"Greetings shop keep," Markus smiled back as he lays his crossbow on the counter. "I am keen to upgrade my current crossbow solution from this masterful item here to something a little more... dangerous." Looking towards the magical items Markus continues. "I see that you have a very nice +1 light crossbow, perhaps I would be able to purchase that item from you today? I'm interested in a trade-in using my crossbow here to lower some of the cost... say 100 gold off of the cost of your crossbow sound reasonable enough?"

"Well now, that might be possible." Flander's said diplomatically. He reached forward, grabbing the crossbow off his counter and examining it. The lathe were still in fine condition, no cracks showing. He tugged at the metal stirrup attacked to the lathe, still solid. The stock was still in fine condition, though the string had some signs of wear. It had a metal roller nut, used to lock the string back before knocking a bolt, held in place by small metal sear. Neither showed any signs of rust. A little wear but well taken care of. A fine weapon still.

Flander's looked up at the young man, a very slight frown on his face, seemingly from his examinations. The first rule in bargaining was never to show your hand.
"It's a decent weapon to be sure," he said to the young man, "but 100 gold?"
He shook his head slowly, explaining "The string is worn, there are scuff marks on the front of the lathe's here, and scores along the stock. Have you been blocking swords with this?"
Continuing to shake his head, he made his play.
"80 gold off my fine weapon your looking at there, in trade and ill throw in 3 bundles of bolts free of charge."

[spoiler]Roll Diplomacy check or any other checks you think may influence the negotiations, or you can accept the 80 gold off[/spoiler]
BEEP