[Interest Check] Cyberpunk RP

Started by Oath, December 02, 2013, 11:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oath

So the general idea here would be to have a role play set in the future. The ruleset would be a simplified shadowrun thing, so D6 based and fairly straight forward eliminating magic and some of the more confusing tech stuff.

The year is 2087, There is a large city with a government that is more or less played like a puppet by the corporations. The city is surrounded by a 300 foot tall wall, with various checkpoints to regulate traffic between the city and the sprawling slums outside of it. The city proper has about 5 million people, while the slums around it have around 20 million. A 20 mile space between the slums and the city is essentially a no man's land plagued by highwaymen and other thieves.

Those that are born outside of the city are given a number, their names are not recognized by the government. A group of said people are trying to change the city from the outside (The Sentinels) battling for equality for those born outside of the city. They are given some support from a foreign corporation to help fight back, the corporation wants to get a piece of the pie in the city but is being kept out by those in power.

The city is full of large buildings, skyscrapers everywhere, while the slums are more sprawling smaller buildings with the largest being maybe 10 stories high, mostly for things like hotels.

The police for the city can hunt down anyone they desire as long as they have a good enough reason, while the police from the slums can't go into the city.

Drones are increasing in popularity and are used by various people. Police forces use them for obvious reasons, corporations use it for additional protection without the problems normally caused by hired help. Every day people can get a hold of them though the technology level is usually a generation behind what the proper forces would have.

Traffic of the ?numbers? within the city is heavily monitored and with the use of cameras and drones, generally kept in check.

Outside of the city businesses are locally owned or small chain stores as the largest ones have all moved into the city. Weapons, Vehicle modifications, among other things can easily be obtained if one knows where to look.

Foreigners are treated a bit better than the numbers but are still watched by the city.

The primary way to enter the city for residents of the slum is the monorail system. Everyone is scanned while on the train, and if they are found to not have business in the city they will be held up at a checkpoint and interrogated.

Cyberization of the body has become popular among the rich, and they attempt to replace as much of their body with more durable replacements as possible.

Player characters will be members of the Sentinels.

Asta

Mysticsage

Grimston

I'm a suicidal planet and I'm aiming at the sun,
All the gravity inside me will give way to a beautiful calm,
If you're gravitating to me, now's the time to turn and run,
I see a raging ball of fire, burning life lines in my palms