Started by Oath, November 22, 2013, 12:22:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oath

Character dialogue colors in spoiler
[spoiler]
Ardelia Lancaster
Noel Lancaster
Issac Murphy[/spoiler]

Summer vacation was winding down and the majority of the heatwave was over so more bearable temperatures were inbound. This was quite a relief to Ardelia who tended to dislike the warmer weather common in during the summer months. She had finished her summer assignments and was currently enjoying a good book. Sitting in the living room of the Lancaster family's home in Traverseward, the air conditioning was doing its job well. Ardelia had slowly been sinking into the chair as the morning turned to afternoon, thoroughly absorbed into her reading material. All was quiet in the Lancaster household, her brother Noel was off in his room and her younger sister Renna had stayed the night at a friend's house. Her parents were out working so she was free to use the living room as she pleased, without the obnoxious din of reality TV and court shows that usually filled the room.

One sound signified the end of her peaceful day. Suddenly, the doorbell started to ring constantly as if someone outside was pushing it over and over waiting for attention.

Outside of the Lancaster home, Issac Murphy stood face pressed up against the door, one eye in line with the peephole. His hand repeatedly bashing the doorbell button for around 30 seconds . He continued to look into the peephole waiting impatiently for someone to answer the door.

Inside, Ardelia let out a sigh. This has happened so many times over the years. She continued to read ignoring the doorbell. Noel, on the other hand came running down stairs and opened the door.

"Hey, Lia, I think your friend is he..."

Before Noel could even finish his sentence, Issac had kicked off his shoes and dashed inside. He ran into the living room clearing the couch with a single bound landing in a sitting position.

"Lia! Let's go do something fun! Summer is almost over so we gotta go and do something!"

Ardelia looked up briefly, turned back to her book and finished the page that she was reading. She placed the bookmark in, closed the book and gently set it down on the coffee table. Looking back at Issac she sighed.

"Issac, what is your idea of fun? We both know that there isn't much to do around here."

Noel had entered the living room as well and took his seat next to Issac on the couch. He looked calm, and slightly amused by the antics of his juniors. Noel didn't lack in friends, but for whatever reason they didn't seem to make him laugh as much as his juniors. Issac had a reputation for being the class clown type, though he could be serious, it was more fun to make people laugh with all of his antics. Sitting there thinking for a few moments, Issac finally threw his hands into the air as if he had an some sort of plan.

"Okay, you're right, Lia. There isn't anything to do around here! So how about we just go and have some lunch or something instead of sitting around in here? You can come too Noel, you look a bit lonely!"

Noel chuckles and quickly agrees that he will come along. Ardelia briefly smiles before replying.

?I suppose if both of you are going, that doesn't really leave me with a choice. Well, guys, where are we going to have lunch?? [/color]

Noel and Issac look at each other and shrug. It is clear that they haven't really thought this through. Noel decides to break the silence.

?Lia you should know this by now, we never plan this stuff ahead so just go with the flow and we will figure something out when we get there.?[/color]

Ardelia did know this. Life had always been this way when dealing with these two. Noel might be extremely reliable when it counts, but on a day to day basis he just goes with the flow. Multiply that with how carefree Issac is, and it becomes a current of joy that could sweep away just about anyone. It's a trap that Ardelia has fallen into time and time again. She never realizes that she is ensnared until they are out the door and off to wherever they are going. Her thoughts were interrupted by Issac.

?Okay! Let's go!?[/color]

Noel and Issac each grabbed an arm and pulled Ardelia out of her comfortable spot in the chair towards the door. Dropping her down on the entryway as they throw on their shoes and head outside. Ardelia being sucked into the flow also puts on her shoes and follows suit. They lock up the house and head out for an afternoon on the town.

They could have taken the bus, but it wasn't too far of a walk into town. It took a bit of time, but the breeze was nice and the weather was fair. The traveled side by side with occasional outburst of laughter from some odd comment or some gag that Issac decided to try. Their brief journey ended outside of a popular local family style restaurant. As per usual it was populated, and it seemed many of their schoolmates had a similar idea of a fun time. 

Sitting down to order food is always an interesting experience when Ardelia is around. Both Noel and Issac went about their business Noel ordering the always classic burger and fries and Issac picking up the pulled-pork sliders. Ardelia has the odd habit of ordering dessert first, as she loves sweets and picked out a nice slice of cheesecake. After she downed it quickly, she ordered a strawberry milkshake and a plate of chicken parmesan pasta for her meal proper. During the cheesecake portion, both Noel and Issac were seen snickering as the waitress brought out their two meals and a slice of cheesecake looking rather perplexed. When asking who ordered what, Ardelia sheepishly raised her hand as the waitress questioned who was the owner of the cheesecake plate. As the plate was put down, Issac unable to contain his amusement any longer and started to laugh face down on the table. Ardelia started to turn red and Noel spoke up.

?Don't mind our friend here Ma'am, he is a bit special and laughs at pretty much anything.?[/color]

The waitress didn't say anything, but she smiled at the trio and wandered off back towards the kitchen to pick up the next order.
The three sat with idle chatter filling the diner with laughter at times. There were a few empty seats at their booth as they sat there killing time. Quite often acquaintances of any of the three that happened to be there would come by for a chat or in some cases to hang out for the rest of the day.  It was hard to believe that summer vacation was coming to an end and that they would be back in school in less than a week. Hopefully they could make the most of this day.

Quotefeel free to jump in and introduce your character here, it's a night on the town!

Mysticsage

It was then that they could hear a sudden gasp and a high pitched almost scream of "NOEL!".

A girl with shoulder length light brown hair and brown eyes attacked noel from behind with a hug almost falling over the back of the booth in the process.

"I haven't seen you around in weeks!" she said mocking angry as she sled in close to him. She was June Crest his classmate, and everyone knew she had here eye on Noel from elementary school everyone but Noel it seemed. June was dressed in jeans and a red v-neck tee. It seemed like she had just come from a beauty salon as she batted her eyelashes at him.

"So what have you been up to Noel? I've missed hanging out with you!"

Oath

Ardelia and Issac whispered between each other as June showed up.

"Issac, can you believe that he still doesn't know?!"
"I know right, you would think at this point it would be obvious!"

As he was accosted and questioned, Noel motioned towards Issac and Ardelia.

"June, you know how it goes. When my parents get busy it's my responsibility to look out for these guys. I don't avoid anyone on purpose but it can't be helped. How have you been doing though? And you know, if you don't see me you could always make a phone call!"

Ardelia was turning a bit red again as she looked at Noel. She didn't need him to always watch out for her, but she did definitely appreciate the fact that it helped balance out how hyper Issac normally is. But if he had other things to do it was understandable.

"You know Noel, you are only going to be a senior once. You should make the most of this year instead of spending all of your time hanging out with people younger than you. I'm sure we will find a way to manage without you, however hard it may be."

Noel looked a bit downtrodden but it seemed that he understood.

"Well, I suppose it couldn't hurt to spend at least a bit more time with my friends..."

Issac was trying his best to suppress his amusement of the situation, especially as he anticipated the verbal beat down that Issac was about to receive from both Lia and June.