[Interest Check] Civilization RPG

Started by Emperor Wilbers, December 03, 2012, 04:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor Wilbers

The Civilization RPG/RP (I'm not sure which acronym to use) is in my opinion a very fun game. I started it probably 5 months back maybe. There were several nations created, but, unfortunately, no one posted. I think that with the activity now it would be a good thing to start back up again. It is not a "D&D" game, it is very free formed. I played it on some other forums, and I personally loved it. When I started it here I wanted it to start in ancient times, but I think that it would be easier to play it in modern times. The concept of the game is: to play until you get bored! Although, there will be events and such that will spur your interest and will cause situations and scenarios to form. Basically, you choose any nation in the world (typically a major one (I shouldn't have to tell you what a major country is i.e. Andorra, Lichtenstein, Phillipenes are all not major countries. Italy, America, Russia, and all countries that you hear about in international news.)) and play that game AS that countries leader. You may choose to either assume command as a new leader, or simply just be that same leader it already has. This is a very logical game, and should be very realistic. YOUR actions WILL affect what happens, and how you respond t certain things affects what happens. I won't go into FULL detail, but, if you want to do this then reply here so I have an idea of what I'm walking into.

Emperor Wilbers

Throndir

I'll use the same civ I made for the first one.

Emperor Wilbers

It has to be an existing civilization, so... You'll have to choose one. BUT, since you are the leader dude, depending on what country you choose and its government, you may choose to rename the country! You can do practically anything! Like I said, take into consideration what government the country has. If you choose a presidential state, then it's going to a bit tougher getting stuff done. You'll have to run things by congress, in which chase I will provide the outcome with a simple roll of the dice.

Burdenking

I'd be more interested in starting in the begining, like maybe the early bronze age.

Emperor Wilbers

That's how I originally wanted it to be, but with the way I had set it up it wouldn't work. I would be all on board with starting then and just building up.

Emperor Wilbers

BUT, I don't think it would be as action filled if it were back then because development and technology was not very efficient, compared to now. But I'll go along with whatever people want.

Burdenking

So, we're doing modern day?

Though, I think modern day would be less action packed due to the whole nucluler fear and all

Emperor Wilbers

Yes, and how would that be less action packed with terrorists, nuclear threats, communists, environmental disasters, etc. I'll make this game so action packed you'll be begging to live off of a caterpillar a day like those who did in the stone age!

Throndir

I'll pick Russia, lol, but I don't mind picking anything else if someone really wants to use it.

Burdenking

*picks up katana* Japan is mine, touch it and die!*points blade at everyone.

Emperor Wilbers

cool, lol. I can start it now. I will control everything that goes on in other countries. I will make the first post later