Swift Filibert Lindenbrook's Fine Finery and Shinny Shines! (Gems and Jewelry)

Started by Manzokushi, December 03, 2012, 09:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manzokushi

The sign out in front of the shop was elaborate and alluring. Upon entering the establishment, your eyes are shocked by the volume of light within. Along the walls and ceiling are small clear gems that emit large volumes of light. The gems and jewelry neatly arranged along shelves glitter and sparkle with a dazzling beauty.

A thick Scottish Accent flows from the Halfling sitting in a comfy chair behind the counter, ?Well, hello thar me friend, names Filibert Lindenbrook and this here be my shop. Can I interest you in one of me pretties? Perhaps something a bit more magical in nature with special sparkles or shines indeed. So what can I do for ya??

QuoteYou may sell items to this shop if it's something you think they would buy. The shopkeepers use their own discretion if they want to buy it and think they can still make a profit. The price that they will always accept is roughly 30% of the items price. There may be cases where they pay for higher. It's more advisable to trade with players.

Manzokushi

Linwelin

Kin wanders into the shop, as usual, with a solid grin on his face. The only thing out of the ordinary is that he has a child with him, a young girl clinging to his shirt from behind.

"Filli! I've got some shinies to sell, and some to buy! Word on the street is yer selling augment crystals now, too. I'd like to trade in this bag of gems I've gathered as credit toward buying and setting a couple crystals of adaptation. Sound good? Kin offers the bag over to Fillibert for inspection. "I'm not the best at appraising gems, but I think it's somewhere around 300 gold's worth."

"I'd like one to be set into my chain armor, and the other to be set into this one's amulet." Kin motions toward Anastasia, pointing out her protective amulet.

[spoiler]Selling the bag of gems worth 286g for two least crystals of adaptation, plus the cost for setting them.[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

The halfling perked up as he jumped off his counter to stare at the two newcomers.

"Always do I have me eyes on 'em shinies." Filibert's gaze fell on the younger human girl hiding behind Kin. "And brought yourself a small human pretty too!" Filibert joked as he approached the other halfling and began to look through the gems.

He eyed each of the gems, placing them up in the air, and at times examining them with a portable magnifying glass.

"Varying qualities an' quatities. I'll take the sparkles off yer hands." He said as he went around shuffling through his wares until he found two crystals. They were both bright green and he showed them to both of you for inspection.

"These two for the bag of gems, and it'll be good, yes? I'll throw in a free setting, just hand over what yer ta use it on."

Linwelin

"Aye, that sounds about right! And those are certainly them. Speaking of that, Filli, any idea what I should bring to a desert?" Kin asked off-hand. "I know bring a good amount of water, and these gems will keep the heat off. All I can think of is some form of healing. Anything you'd get?" Obviously the halfling was just thinking aloud, but the question still stood. He puzzled over this while Fillibert prepared the gems to be set. Kin handed over the armor and amulet, after taking a moment to assure Ana she'd get it back, and let his friend get to work.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Anastasia Sheel

While Filibert and Kin had been talking, Anastasia's eyes had begun to wander around the entire shop after her hero took the amulet. Everywhere she looked things were either sparkling or shining with glints of gold and silver. She hadn't even seen so many pretty things all in one place before, and though she kept one ear on the conversation the halfling and her hero were having, Anastasia slowly began to unclutch Kin's shirt made her way towards one of the many showcases.

A pin of some sort grabbed her attention the most. It was porcelain pin, a bright and clear white, with a tiny green stone adorned in the center where two wings on either side meet.

She stared at it intensely, though she didn't make any move to reach out or grab the item.

Wings are pretty.

[spoiler]Anastasia really wants the Safewing Emblem:

QuoteCategory:
jewelry
Description:
Price (Item Level): 250 gp (2nd)
Body Slot: Throat
Caster Level: 3rd
Aura: Faint; (DC 16) transmutation
Activation: Immediate (mental)
Weight: ?
If you fall at least 10 feet, a safewing emblem
becomes a pair of feathery wings that grant you a feather fall effect, allowing you to descend safely from any height up to 180 feet. When you land, the emblem shatters, its magic expended.
Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, feather fall.
Cost to Create: 125 gp, 1/2 a day.

Bio:
This porcelain pin is sculpted to look like a pair of outstretched white wings. A tiny green stone adorns the center, where the wings meet.
[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Once he'd handed over the gear, Kin realized something was off since he came into the shop. "Ah!" Kin said a somewhat quietly to himself. That was it. Ana wasn't clutching his shirt! Kin took a few glances around the immediate area to see where she'd gone, and was relieved to see her examining one of the showcases. Right as he was about to go and get her attention, the halfling noticed her staring intensely at one of the pieces. This was the first time he'd seen her actually want something, so he was fairly surprised.

"Hey, Filli...how much for the piece that Ana is gazing at over there? The winged pin." He said side-long to his friend, just a little above a whisper, to the point where Anastasia couldn't hear.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Filibert pulled out some tools; what looked to be a couple odd pieces of metal, as well as a few finer tools, and lastly a long metallic tool were laid neatly on a stone bench. He then set both the armor and amulet on it in full view of his customers. After that he began to work as he listened to Kin's question.

"Aye, if I were in yer place I'd be doing the same thing too. Plenty o' water, shade... But if it were up to me, I'd look into some proper sunscreen!" He paused for a moment as he inspected the chain mail, and finally deciding on the placement, took the odd pieces of metal, and began inserting it in the chain mail.

"Hey, Filli...how much for the piece that Ana is gazing at over there? The winged pin." Kin asked.

Filibert looked up from his work, staring at the what had caused the interruption.

"A beautiful piece o' art. Not as sparkly as some of me pretties, but still shiny just the same. It's worth 50 gold pieces if it suits you. And would be a fine addition to yer little girl." The halfling grinned as he continued on his work.

The setting fit nicely, though he began to use the long metallic tool, a miniature blow torch, in short bursts, welding the piece of metal to the armor. That done, he took the green gem, set it in place, and applying some pressure simply snapped into place. With some other tools he began shaving away at the edges as well, smoothing out the metal, and ensuring the setting looked pleasant.

"That store that had just moved in.... 'Everythin' Be Awesome' or some other nonsense, had some mugs that filled right up with drink. Don't let it make any wine or beer though... but I say it's good for some water when ye need it." Filibert said.

Anastasia Sheel

The young girl perked up when she realized the conversation and attention drew towards her. Quickly she shuffled back towards Kin's side, and at the same time grabbed hold of his shirt in her usual position. She hid behind Kin when the other halfling started talking. She didn't like all the attention, well, she didn't mind Kin's, but with the other halfling Anastasia felt more uncomfortable.

Linwelin

Kin grinned at the commentary and advice Fillibert offered, "50 gold, eh? And a mug that's endless? It'd say that fits the bill just fine." He said as he slid 50 gold across the counter to the halfling jeweler with a wink. "As for that store, I guess I better check if its namesake holds any truth! Thanks for the advice, that mug will surely beat a bunch of waterskins."

Right as he finished that statement, Kin felt a familiar grip at his side. "Welcome back, Ana." He said with a somewhat jesting smile while turning to her. "Wait just a moment, I think you forgot something over there!" He said in as serious an expression as he could manage as he walked back over to the case she was standing before and grabbed the winged pin, facing her and fastening it safely. "There you are!" Kin could tell she was unsettled at taking it off the shelf without paying, which only caused him to chuckle.

"Don't worry, kid. I saw you staring it down, and acted fast. It's paid for in full, and yours to have." He said with a friendly wink. After making sure his trick didn't go over her head, he returned to the counter just in time for the settings to be complete. "Fantastic work as always, Filli. Thanks a bunch! I'll see you around." Kin said sincerely, gathering his gear and heading for the door with a wave.

"On to the next store!" Kin said with a cheer.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Nyuko Nyun

[info]Nyuko buys:
Ring of Protection +1
Amulet of Natural Armor +2
Money and items resolved.[/info]

FoxyPox

"S...Shiny...!!"

Bystanders witness a half-crazed Fox lady crash into a nearby wall shortly after rolling about in the muck outside the shop, squealing with joy.
Apparently, she really liked the name. Anyone in the vicinity then had to put up with said hyperactive Fox bouncing around, indiscreetly hovering over them as they made their purchases.

Eventually, inevitably, she plopped down, exhausted. Lying down, she glanced around at all the shinies and found one she liked.

"That one...!"

[info]
Roxy appears to be pointing at the Hand of the Mage. She then proceeds to empty her pockets. Anything shiny has to be added to her collection... and this would be the next victim.
[/info]

Throndir

[info]Feel free to update your gold sheet and inventory with the item, I'll update the quantities later in the shop.[/info]

Katrias Lyseer

Idiots. A whole bunch of idiots.

Lia Starweaver

"This ring, and this amulet." She said handing out the items on the counter.

[info]Lia buys Amulet of Natural Armor +1 and Ring of Protection +1[/info]