[Variant Rule] Price Change on Enchanted Gear

Started by Throndir, November 16, 2012, 10:46:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

Rules as is on Pathfinder site.

Throndir

Realizing this was a bad idea, because gold calculation becomes a hassle at times. Not to mention there are classes out there that deal with gold increases. So it becomes a question if we should forcefully apply the 20% ruling to those classes as well. Anyways, over the next year of the RP, I'll be upping the percentage until we're at normal 100%, rather than the 20% we are at now.

This will also help out closing the gap better between richest players to poorest players better I think. And will also help even out our money earn-rate through the Daily Earnings.

Current (June 2016): 20%
July 2016: 40%
August 2016: 60%
September 2016: 80%
October 2016: 100%

On periods of inactivity, I'll 'pause' this ramp-up. I'm doing this over a period of time to let the character adjust to the wealth changes, and to lessen the impact of feeling like you've lost out on gear. Eg, "My Ring of Protection +1 I sold for 50 gp could have been worth 250! >u <"

We're not terribly rich yet over all, so it's a good time to do this, and if you are active, then you'll certainly gain back the money and more. This is just for reducing future headaches for us GMs.

Only drawback is that, yes, at least for games I DM, put your gold in bags of holding if you want to lug it around everywhere. Otherwise assume your gold is in the bank.

Thanks!

Throndir

Placing more aggressive dates. October this year is when we'll be back to normal prices.

Throndir

Effective immediately, all prices are now at 40% of the base D&D/Pathfinder price. Note that not all items in shops have been updated.