Help Topic

Started by Emperor Wilbers, November 12, 2012, 08:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor Wilbers

Whenever I need help with something I will ask here.

To start off, when I am making a race, what should I set the "Max Weapon Skills" to? They are all at 4. Should I set them to 0 so it is infinite?

Emperor Wilbers

Is there a way I can make a chest's items unique to that chest and still have that type of chest in other places, but with different items?

So far it seems like if I make chests' items different then there will be many many chests I will have to make, each for a certain place and with certain items.

(This goes for containers in general)

Throndir

Tbh I ca't remember on that. It's been awhile since I used LT. I do remember there was templates for creatures and items, but I can't remember if the same held true for containers.

I am guessing though that no there isn't a way to use the same container multiple times, as each instance of the container would point to the same items in it. But you can always test and find out.

Emperor Wilbers

1) How do I make an intro? I forgot how to make the intro that pops up in a little window and you scroll down it and read it.

2) I have made the following lines of code stuff:

function OnFirstEnter() {
Echo("Farthaal: Wake up! Are you okay? Speak!")
AddOption(0,"I-I had an awful nightmare!","op1();","1,2");
AddOption(1,"I don't really want to talk about it.","op2();","3");
AddOption(2,"There was a goblin thing, and I was in a cave, and it was talking to a wierd voice, and-and-","op3();","3");
AddOption(3,"Okay, thanks. I'll see you later.","op4();","");
}
function op1() {
Echo("Farthaal: Ah, nightmares are always awful. Do you want to talk about it? Talking helps. Most of the time, that is.");
}
function op2() {
Echo("Farthaal: Fair enough. Maybe you should get out and visit around town to try to clear your head.");
}
function op3() {
Echo("Farthaal: Calm down, calm down, it was just a dream, nothing to get worried about. Maybe you should get out and visit around town to try to clear your mind.");
}
function op4() {
Echo("Farthaal: No problem. Bye.");
}

What have I done wrong?! This is a learning experience for me, so, yeah. This is in the script section for the location. I think I did something wrong with putting the 2nd line of code there, but I dont know...

Throndir

Did you run the script? Was there a script error?

As for opening the chapter text, I can't remember that either. XD I think it was something like ShowText(). You can take a look at the LTR Wiki, and look around maybe there's something there.

But look at the project files:

http://www.legendarytales.com/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=2&thread_id=258

Look for m TEP Project, and load it up, it was my old LT project that I worked on years ago. Or just download and unrar these:

http://www.box.net/shared/gp5his8t6i
http://www.box.net/shared/dv255clz6i

Emperor Wilbers

QuoteDid you run the script? Was there a script error?

No, not really. The first Echo command came up, but that was it. It didnt automatically give me the options to speak to him, like i wanted, and I tried clicking Talk To-> and then Farthaal, but it just said on the screen "Player name talked to Farthaal" or something like that.

Throndir

should be

Echo("Farthaal: Wake up! Are you okay? Speak!");

You forgot a semicolon. Try running it now, and see if any errors come up.

Emperor Wilbers

Okay, I'll try. The littlest of things can screw it up. Lemme see...

Nope, same result. Here's what it shows:

QuoteFarthaal: Wake up! Are you okay? Speak!
Misc: Dorm Room Chest
NPCs: Farthaal

[When I click talk to Farthaal]: [sfzgs: Talk to Farthaal]

Above all of that is the intro I made, but I didn't want to copy all of it, and I need to remember how to make the chapter intro.

Throndir

Oh yeah just noticed you don't have ProcessOptions.

AddOption(2,"There was a goblin thing, and I was in a cave, and it was talking to a wierd voice, and-and-","op3();","3");
}

Should be:

Echo("Farthaal: Wake up! Are you okay? Speak!");
ProcessOptions();
}

Emperor Wilbers

ooh! lemme try that...

YESSSSSS! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! HOT DIGGITY DOG! SUCCESS! So good!

Emperor Wilbers

How do I make the map?

Throndir

I forgot. XD

But it has something to do with clicking on a particular folder that you make in the Maps folder. Creating lots of locations in that folder, then going back to the folder it was in, associate one of the boxes with a specific location. I can't remember how exactly I did that, but I'm sure you can figure it out though. It's something to do with click on the folder that you make under Maps.