[Interest Check] Guardian Angel RP

Started by dehydromon, August 04, 2012, 03:46:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dehydromon

I talked with Throndir a bit about making a roleplay that revolved around the battles between angels and demons, and he said it sounded interesting, but I'd like to know about how many others would be interested before I go ahead and put a lot of work into it.

Setting
The setting is kind of sketchy, but it's very unlikely that it would take place anytime in the future. I'm thinking it will be either sometime around 2005 or sometime in Medieval times, like the 11th century or something. It can pretty much be anywhere, but for the sake of consistency and to make sense, I will probably make it an English-speaking country. The ones I have in mind right now are Britain, America/Canada, or Australia/New Zealand. I'll choose from those depending on whether the roleplay is modern or Medieval.

Characters
Pretty much everyone is just a random average person with a generally ordinary job and family, just like you, I suppose. The twist is that there are characters whose guardian angels were kidnapped by demons who learned how to do so, but just before they were captured, the angels were able to cast their powers into the humans they protected. After the kidnappings, the respective humans would not only be allowed to see into the spirit world, where the war between angels and demons was raging, but they would also be given unique powers (phasing, metamorphosis, light manipulation, etc. No two will be allowed to be the same). Of course, there can still be unlucky humans with neither guardian angels nor powers to compensate for their lack of protection, too.
I'm pondering the idea of allowing people to play as the angels and demons. Both could make it a little more interesting, but they could also create further complications if they became player characters. We'll see.

Posting Length
I'm a strong believer in advanced-literate roleplays, meaning that you should not only have excellent grammar, but each post should be at least three well-thought-out paragraphs. I realize there are often ways to get the whole point you're trying to make across in just a couple of sentences, but tossing out posts with hardly any content makes it very difficult for the rest of the players to work off of. Eventually, that could lead to whole roleplay being made of posts that are very short and hardly have any content before it just fizzles out completely. I won't have it that way, so one of the biggest rules is to have three decent paragraphs.

Other Stuff
This will basically be a free-form roleplay, so there won't be any dice or anything. NPCs can be killed, but be reasonable. Even if your character has supernatural powers when they decide it's time for a killing spree, keep in mind that police still exist and you would become a criminal if you killed anyone. Killing each other should be organized between the person being killed and the person doing the killing. I probably won't be putting any kind of limit on the number of characters you'll be allowed to have, so you can have one killed without having to wait until after their death to make another character. You just have to make sure you don't start carrying information between characters without them even interacting.

So that's pretty much everything I can think of at the moment. I'm hoping to get at least two more people interested before I jump in, but I might start it before then anyway. Write some comments and tell me what you think.

Throndir

I'm interested in it. :D Never tried one like this before.

Hasabushi

This sounds very interesting, can't wait to see what you have in mind :)