Idea!

Started by Emperor Wilbers, July 29, 2012, 09:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor Wilbers

Project Name: N/A

Genre: Open World, Open Ended, RPG (Basically any Elder Scrolls Game)

Style: Medeival Fantasy

Premise: In the world of [to be decided(Possibly Tenna, lol)].

Concept: The character's world is in a large economic depression. Magic has been banned from the Empire and it is spending all money on expanding its empire. There are secret organisations, though that are planning to use magic to slay the Emperor. Amidst all of this is the ensuing problem of a very powerful god breaking free from a "prison" in hell by the gods(main story). That will be more developed. The Empire and magic problems will be host to large side quests.

Factions: Just humans dominate the world. I will want to have a quest that will reveal some sort of new race.

Introduction: I plan to make it a dream that leaves a cliffhanger at the start. The main character will wake up in a jail, field, etc.

lightspeed15

I like the whole idea. But I must say I don't like the idea pd waking up to a dream or being in a cell. I mean, we should drop them right in the middle of a mission. I hate elder scrolls for that reason (not the game, just the start). That's what I like about FF7 and FF13 they drop you right in

Hasabushi

Well we do have to look at it from the side of the player as well, a jail cell would be a good spot for introducing the player to the game.

lightspeed15

Okay I can see I'm not going to win this battle, but can we not do it in a jail cell? I feel like every single game does that and I feel like it's too cliche.

I mean, Skyrim does it, I think RUnescape does, even the demo for Eclipse Origins does that!

Hasabushi

Yeah I agree with that, no jail cell, but maybe a enclosed island of some sort?

lightspeed15

Yeah, something like that. Lol

Emperor Wilbers

Lol, I know, jail cells are WAY too cliche. I was just giving examples.

Hasabushi

Actually, all the arena scrolls games have started off with you being in some sort of imprisonment, Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim.. lol hopefully they will think of something new with the up an coming ES MMO.

Emperor Wilbers

I know, lol. You said Arena Scrolls, when it is Elder Scrolls, lol!.

Hasabushi

Yeah lol, I was thinking about the first game :D