General Information for Community Game

Started by Emperor Wilbers, July 27, 2012, 04:30:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightspeed15

Oh my goodness I did not know this. Thank you for bringing this to my attention guys! That's great!

Mrlemke if you can code a script to use an image as the map I'm definitely in. You would need to have some sort of passage setting as well in the code that says if you can walk here or not.

mrlemke

Quote from: lightspeed15 on July 27, 2012, 11:34:21 AM
Oh my goodness I did not know this. Thank you for bringing this to my attention guys! That's great!

Mrlemke if you can code a script to use an image as the map I'm definitely in. You would need to have some sort of passage setting as well in the code that says if you can walk here or not.
There's a possibility. You would likely need to create the map in a tile based map editor and then export that as an image to make sure the map work with the engine (like nobody walking on spaces that are supposed to be restricted). There would still be some issue with the fringe layer though. I would have to think about this before I give a defenitive answer.

Quote from: HasabushiIf Dan has any of the original code he did for Milk's game based in EO, maybe he could setup the server to demonstrate it.
Sadly, I do not. The laptop with the code tanked. I didn't have it backed up because I didn't have anything to back it up to. I got a better setup now so that should no longer be a problem.

Emperor Wilbers

So, we are making an Open ended game? Great! More stuff to do in terms of quest lines for me. I think that it would be awesome to do an RTS or MMORPG because we could help eachother play the game and what not. I personally like the "point and click" thing that hasabushi brought up, but maybe that's just because I only use the touchpad, so it would be easier for me, lol.  ;D

I apologize if I'm a little behind on what you guys are talking about. I am not familiar with all these programs and functions, and whatsits, and doodas.