Should We Create a Community Game?

Started by lightspeed15, July 25, 2012, 02:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor Wilbers

Jus to let you know, I am PUMPED for this. We are gong to an EPIC game. If you are open to it, I'm willing to make a website using webs to help advertise the game. How about it? I would also like to be a game tester, if you don't mind. Add that to your fancy list, please. I think that I sould be a tester since I am a story developer so I should be able to know first hand what the game is lik, lol. Can any admin make a forum for this under FWC Projects? I'm going to add a cople topics for this and I think this should be very organised.

lightspeed15

Well before we do that we need to get the necessities sorted out. When you're involved in a team project, you don't want to rush things, especially since we don't know eachother.

We need to decide which program to use, which me and mrlemke are debating. We will both make the Decision along with the input of other team members.

If we use RPG VX I would love to be the mapper. Im fallon in love with mapping haha

Emperor Wilbers

Sorry, I got a little carried away and next thing I know that blob is all typed out. Okay, well, I don't care, as long as the graphics don't suck.  ;D

Hasabushi

Well as far as the engine is concerned, I'm really not too picky, although I would be focusing on the overall GUI look and feel as well as the general design of the game itself. We also need to know the dedication level of each person and what they can can't do. I suggest starting a new thread/catergory that focuses on the theory and design direction. In other words a concept with a ground working theory. We don't want to overload ourselves with project that could wipe us out on difficulty. Lets start small and build from there, see how we work together as a team. Then dream big after a few projects :D

mrlemke

After thinking about it, I think Eclipse is the way to go. It is something that we can start small and the later make it bigger if we so choose. I should be getting my servers today so I can set one up with the Eclipse engine on and post the login details so everyone can mess with it.

lightspeed15

I have a review of Eclipse in the Shoutbox. I didn't like it very much. It doesn't have much design capability at all