[Interest Check] Science Fiction or Fantasy RP

Started by Licel, August 28, 2018, 02:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Licel

Hello!

I have been going over a few RP ideas in my head and have settled on two that have very different settings. They will also be played on a lightweight system I'm calling the Licel V1.0 that I've been playing with on my spare time, we'll use for your character and game. If I can get enough people interested in playing I'll get to work on finalizing the story. Below you'll find the running title of the story and the basic description. At the very bottom you'll see a description of how the engine will work. Please let me know if you have any questions. I'm going to keep everything light here but am more than happy to answer questions or clarify if anything isn't clear! Here goes nothing!!!!

8 Days in Trine

Max Players ~6

Medieval Fantasy

Description:
In 8 Days in Trine you will play villians/criminals/bandits/whatever you will. You will be a part of a criminal organization. This short story will take place all within the walls of the mega city of Trine and will be centered around a large heist. During this adventure you and your fellow players will research, sabotage, and set in motion a plan to steal a particular item from the city and kingdom. Each in game day the players will meet at an agreed upon place, they will share what they have learned, what they have done, and will come up with a new plan for that day. Your failures and successes will have consequences and boons for you as time progresses and the Queen and her inquisitors will react accordingly. On the 8th day, ready or not you will have to act on what you have prepared and on all you know to carry out the greatest heist of your careers!

The Obelisk

Max Players ~5

Science Fiction Fantasy

Description:
In The Obelisk your team will be piloting a ship called The Obelisk. Each of the players will be a crew member on this ship and each will have an important job that will help the crew in the success of their mission. In this short campaign you have been asked by Oculus, a private military and research group, to investigate a series of three coordinates and gather data on structures outside of "The bubble" a well charted and populated area of the galaxy. You and your crew are depending on you to keep your ship running well and split second decisions can make the difference between returning as heroes or becoming another chunk of radio silent hull in space.

Game Engine

Licel V1.0

The Licel V1.0 is a classless system with the predominate dice roll you need to make being a d100. It assumes that you are a profession who knows what you are doing and as most of the time players try to do something reasonable the d100 is refereed to as a consequence dice. For example if you attempt to sneak up behind someone, it assumes that you know what you're doing and the higher your roll the better things will go for you. There is also no natural fail or successes. If you get a nat 100 the best possible thing that makes sense will happen or a 1 the worst thing that makes sense will happen. This does not mean that you are unable to do something outrageous, if you use it to attempt to do something highly outrageous like run up a wall and do a bicycle kick off the wall you can roll for it and pull it off if successful, but expect to fall down and not pull it off if you get a low number on your roll. The idea is to be as light weight and story focused as possible echoing a choose your own adventure story over a dungeon crawler.

Now you may be asking yourself... How do I make a character?
Each player that's in will chat with me and we will talk about the character you want to play. Then you'll get to select 5 abilities that will make your character special or cool. Of those abilities and how powerful they are we will select a minimum number that you will have to achieve on a d100 for it to be successful and we'll discuss how often you'll be able to do it or what the requirements are. Again it's as lightweight as possible, but the more powerful the ability the higher the risk something will go wrong.

You also might be thinking... How does health points and stuff like that work?
In this system you are actual heroes of sorts and as such if you roll a d100 and beat a secret roll from me to attack someone or defeat them and win, unless they are of hero rank themselves you will kill, knock out, or otherwise defeat them in a single blow (Given circumstances) because lets be honest most people and things aren't doing so well after getting shot or impaled one time. Now you as hero are different. You have something called luck that takes damage in your place. You will either just barely get out of the way or otherwise not be hurt bad at all because you got lucky. Once your luck is at 0 you'll go unconscious or die. You can also burn some luck if you have a bad roll to get a better outcome if you want to gamble. Luck will be restored in increments that will be established at the start of a gave so that they make sense to the setting.

Anything else I need to know?
There are no modifiers to rolls, granted just because you roll a low number and do a mundane task don't expect things are going to blow up in your hands, this is a story based adventure and I'm not out to get you. The only times you'll need to get higher than a particular number is if your using your abilities which will be set in stone.

What do you think?

If you would like to play one of the games let me know. Make sure to also let me know if you're more interested in The Obelisk or 8 Nights in Trine.
Thank you for letting me fight in the war.

Valiancy

Space space space! Sign me up for space things!

Throndir

Heist seems interesting to me, it has a clear end that could get done relatively quickly potentially.

Linwelin

GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Licel

Quote from: Linwelin on August 29, 2018, 02:45:47 PM
Can I say both? Because both.

Of course you can vote for both!

So far it's 3 for 8 Days in Trine

2 for The Obelisk

When I get close to the required number of players I'll lock everyone in, (First come first serve) And I'll do the dirty work of polishing up the story that wins.
Thank you for letting me fight in the war.