CH 1 - An Invitation

Started by pringerbeam, February 12, 2017, 10:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

"My name's Jason Lord sir, I've got groceries here for you from his lordship Blackblade. He said he was worried he went to far with his previous conversation. He sent these groceries and my services for you tonight to make up for it. You know how he values a good meal. I don't have any duck hearts I'm afraid however." He made sure to make his ring visible in that moment and then continued to talk.

"I'm sorry sir but these bags are getting rather heavy can I come inside?" He tried his best to look pathetically and like a normal house servant as possible. He could probably attempt to sell himself more once he had managed to get off the street and into this man's own territory. People tended to open up when they thought they were the ones with the most amount of power compared to the other.

pringerbeam

"I told Lord Blackblade that I am presently too busy to meet with him.  If you truely insist on cooking a meal for me then you may do so under Bernard's supervision but it will likely go cold as I am engaged to attend a party this evening.  A party which I will be late for should I spend much more time here.  Being fashionably late is not an option I'm afraid.  Now if you will excuse me...  I need you to either come inside or leave."  At this he stepped aside, motioning for you to walk past him, staring at you as he awaits your decision. 

Mysticsage

[info]Before responding looking for a more indepth description of the man and see if i can get a good read of the man.

Empathy (read intentions)
using 2 of 7 fate points to get 2 auto success on top of roll
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 5, total 11[/blockquote]
[/info]

Mysticsage

[info]
expolding 6s
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]
[/info]

[info]
Also, do I know anything about this Lord Darby. There are alot of Darby's I'm sure but its worth a shot
High Class Knowledge
[blockquote]Rolled 7d6 : 1, 2, 4, 6, 1, 5, 5, total 24[/blockquote]
[/info]

Mysticsage

exploding 6 on knowledge check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]

pringerbeam

[info]Black Dice for reading intentions
[blockquote]Rolled 6d6 : 3, 1, 1, 5, 1, 4, total 15[/blockquote]

High Class Knowledge: There are indeed a few darby households knowrather publicly in London, however the most famous of all is an Eldren family known for their rather potent magical might and possessing of a rather famous library in their country estate said to rival London's Guild headquarters.  Needless to say, their wealth allows them to frequently host parties which makes them very influential in high society.[/info]

pringerbeam

[info]Read intentions:  You sense that he is indeed in a hurry and impatient to leave but there is something else that doesn't seem right which you can't put your finger on.[/info]

Mysticsage

Jace simply smiled kindly. "I understand sir, I'll leave these with your man here then and be on my way. I'm sorry for the trouble sir I hope you have a good night. He moved to hand the various bags briskly to the male Minotaur making sure he brushed by Sir Holt as he moved past. Once he knew he had a good whiff of his cologne mixed with his scent as non-intrusively as possible he finished his task with a small nod then left the area.
[info]
can i smell fear when I get a lock on his scent?"
[/info]

---
He waited a few moments after he heard the door eventually close and Sir Holt begin to leave. It was time to perhaps rely upon perhaps one of the only upside of his curse. He did the best he could to hide the fact that his sense of smell had turned to the extreme capable of identifying and tracking smell from miles away. He knew that whether the good inventor liked it or not he would have an additional +1 to this party. If the rumors he had heard about the Darby's library and connections was true he had a sinking feeling about the type of trouble that his target may be in. 

pringerbeam

[info]Please roll a perception test for your smell fear.
Black Pool
[blockquote]Rolled 9d6 : 3, 4, 1, 4, 5, 4, 1, 2, 2, total 26[/blockquote][/info]

Mysticsage

[info]
Perception
Using 1 fate point for 1 auto success
[blockquote]Rolled 7d6 : 1, 3, 4, 1, 2, 5, 6, total 22[/blockquote][/info]

Mysticsage

Exploding 6
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 6, total 6[/blockquote]

Mysticsage

Exploding again
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 5, total 5[/blockquote]

pringerbeam

[info]While you do not smell fear you do smell something else mixed in with the heavy cologne, blood.  Less than a day old.[/info]

Mysticsage

[info]
Visual perception for bleeding
[blockquote]Rolled 5d6 : 4, 1, 4, 6, 3, total 18[/blockquote]
[/info]

Unless Jason sees that the man is currently bleeding he will allow the man to go and begin to tail him assuming that Holt in fact realizes he is bleeding. He will follow some distance behind but not so far that he could not attempt to aid him if need be. Otherwise he continues to rack his brain. Why would you be going to a party if you were just bleeding what he could only assume was a large amount. At least getting a doctor or healer in would be the obvious step. Unless there was something more serious or strange occuring and he needed further assistance. The Darby's supposed library was a wealth of information and Jace would want access to it himself if he had the station.

Better to let things playout as safely as possible while not ending up with a dry corpse. Images of bleeding cocks for cooking did not sit to well in his mind at the moment.

Mysticsage

Exploding 6
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 6, total 6[/blockquote]