[Interest Check] Exalted 3rd Edition

Started by Mysticsage, April 24, 2016, 07:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

Hey Everyone,

So I've been watching some people playing the new version of Exalted done by Onix Path. Exalted is a d10 game that focuses on high cinematic action in an eastern fantasy setting. Players are one of the 'Exalted' those special people who are chosen by a god and given substantial power not because they are worthy but because they will make use of it. Its meant for high drama and high action with powers that can change the entire course of the world.

I think this will work with the forum but it will take a little work from me and the players to pull it off. I have learned from my other Rps to maintain scope so I'm going to try and keep this small 3-4 people. I think I'm also going to be running the world out of the book and place a small limitation on character creation as a result but most of the content will still be available. This game will be a great deal of rp in terms of negations and character interactions with a large amount of social combat on par or more then actual fighting.

The story will focus on the main aspect of the story the rebirth of the solar exalted who were once the rulers of the world but due to their hubris and gluttony were overthrown and labeled pariah. The problem is however is that the souls of the solar are constantly reborn after death and thus hunted by the now ruling dragonblooded exalted so that their power does not ressect in fear of a repeat. Even though the reborn solars have no memory, possibly no desire, and reject their past they are still hunted.Players will be one of those solar exalted as they attempt to use their powers as they will and avoid being hunted down and killed.

The setting will be nexus one of the largest cities in all creation (what remains of the world after the fall of the solars.) This walled metropolis is a merchant city with one rule "money above all else". The city is rulled by a political upper class and the shadowy Guild who both work in tandem to monitor the commerce and few laws that are never to be broken. With its huge population it and the surrounding area is perhaps the best place to hide.

I have yet to figure out the start of the story but all players will be newly exalted and continue from there.

Pros
In depth high impact game play

deep world and huge variety in character creation and development

Ability to build relationships and sway npcs in mechanical terms

Get to roll a ton of dice at a time

Cons
Heavy Crunch both narratively and mechanically there is a lot of stuff in that book so it will take effort to make characters and learn rules but when you get it down its fast and satisfying

players have to be willing to give what they get with something like this the GM needs to put it a bit of work and this is not a game like d&d where you can just get by on hack and slashing alone. I do not expect or want a novel every post a few lines at times is enough but I want to see that your interested and active in the story. And the game rewards that in extra dice as well so there is an incentive for stepping outside your comfort zone.

And I need players who are willing to kind of go ham and help because GM wise I always need more practice

Of note
This game won't be starting for a few weeks and we'll all be learning as we go
This game may be just a one off but if it goes well I would be more then willing to continue
I kinda want to build this together and will be using your characters and any suggestions going foward.
I want this to be fun and easy going on the player side and hopefully be a good experience :D

Feel free to post or pm me if you have questions

Mysticsage

Mysticsage

you already agreed to be exalted there is no turning back now