Episode 0: "To this and Far enough..."

Started by Hasabushi, March 24, 2016, 11:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hasabushi

These events all take place during the 5th season of Star Trek DS9

Earths Orbit:
Starbase: 001

"Stardate: four-eight-two-two-point-one.",
Lieutenant J.G., James Brimely sat eyeing the console in front of him. The lights flickered in what appeared to be a random pattern, and to the untrained onlooker it would just be that.  He scratched the stubble now forming on his unshaven face, it made a sound not unlike a sonic saw cutting through campfire timber. "Okay, computer lets try this again...",

the computer  acknowledged in a friendly enough sounding female voice, asking,
"Do you wish to erase the current data or start from the stardate entry?"

James sighed, "Might as well start from the beginning, keep the current stardate, just adjust for time differences."

"Understood, beginning recording..."

"It's been a long voyage back to earth, our mission was suppose to be simple, if you could call it that. Locate the Maquis still active in the Badlands, and use whatever means necessary to spy on them. Whatever means necessary..", Jimmy let the words linger for a moment then continued "We had no clue what we were getting ourselves into. Captain Roderick did his best to keep us alive, I for one am glad that he made the hard decisions and not me. I don't really know if I'm cut out for command,  I froze when the phaser beams and disruptors impacted the Quasars hull our shields failing, but somehow not sure what happened I managed to get our shields back online just long enough for us to warp out of there! Eventually though even that failed leaving us stranded somewhere in the Alpha Quadrant. We drifted for days, till a Drudalian freighter picked up our distress call..."

TBC