Rocket Entry Exam: Carson West

Started by Throndir, January 31, 2015, 03:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

QuoteCarson West only

This was it.

All your dealings with shady-people, as well as gathering information on the elusive criminal team has lead to this. For a long time now you've been finding a way to join Team Rocket, and finally now you were given your chance. For as you made your way to the meeting place - surprisingly it wasn't very far from Xan Academy - you saw a figure leaning on a tree, with the clear emblem of a red 'R' etched into his shirt. With a matching outfit, he surely was a Team Rocket grunt, after all no one would have dared to dress up as a criminal, it was as if one had been painting themselves as a target for the authorities to catch.

As you approached the man looked at you questioningly, then spoke out-loud.

"You there! I am looking for a potential recruit... Been waiting for ten minutes already! You happen to be him?"

dawt

i approach him slowly, hunched over and holding my hip. this darn body.

"Apologies for the tardiness, son. You must allow and old man his time."

Throndir

The Rocket Grunt paused, as if digesting the words you had just spoken. His brows furrowed deeper again.

"I was just literally joking. You're not really him, are you?" As he spoke, he pulled out a Pok?dex, looking at some entries in it.

"Carson West? You can't be him. Aren't you a bit... old? Old man." He started to say.

dawt

"Old? didnt your mother teach you your manners? Time is relative, son."

I stretch out in the shade of the tree.

"That's to be expected though. From what I understand, Team Rocket could use a little more... class."

Throndir

"If you mean class and old as the same thing, we're going to have more than enough of it." The grunt retorted back. He shook his head a moment later though.

"But never mind that! You're here for the recruitment test. You have some interest in joining our prestigious organization after all. I'm just sent to see if you have what it takes. The test is simple, steal a Pok?mon and prepare some sort of trap." He pulled out a watch. "You have exactly 24 hours to finish the test. Failure to do so means we won't even consider the application! The time starts now, so if I were you I'd better hurry."

The grunt snickered, finding the idea of an old man joining Team Rocket was funny enough, but imagining this 'Carson West' do it, seemed even more hilarious.

"Bring some sort of proof of your deed, and we'll get you set right up."

You find yourself under a tree's shade with the Rocket grunt leaning on the same tree. He has a mischievous smile, as he waits for your next decision. You were on the outskirts of Celadon city, in the Kanto region, and within eye-sight was the prestigious Xan Academy. Students of all ages attended the school, and you knew the place to be an Academy that excelled in practical assignments rather than the norm of book-learning.

dawt

"You expect something so simple to hinder me? I'll bring you your Pokemon."

I try not to grimace at the thought. I knew I was on thin ice already, and this was my one shot at getting my in. I began going over what options I had to trick Team Rocket into believing I had stolen a Pokemon. For a brief moment, I consider how easy it would be to take one of the student's Caterpies or pidgeys.

There were plenty of wild pokemon around the grass, and the way those children treated their pokemon... Like toys, to be thrown away the moment they caught a new one...

I shook off the thought. In my heart of of hearts, I knew I could never stoop to that level. I needed to organize some sort of plan, a way to convince team rocket that they I was as depraved as they were.

"I'll meet you here tomorrow. Same place, same time."

Throndir

"Hahaha! Old man, pull this off and I'll see you in a new light." The grunt laughed. "But for now... you are just an old man." He grinned as got back to his feet, dusting his pants and back leggings.

"Tomorrow at the same time then!" That done, he proceeded back down the road towards Celadon city, his right arm raised high in the air as a final salute and wave of goodbye to the potential recruit.

There were a couple of options opened to you, and you began trying to think of an idea to convince the grunt.

dawt

There are few people i trust enough to explain my plan to. My friends and colleagues would never let me go through with it. But I knew the one person I could turn to, my grandson, Jason, would be able to help. Though he is still young, his head is on straight. He would be able to understand the gravity of the situation... And perhaps play the role to boot.

I try catch up with him as he is coming back home, after a long day of bug catching.

Throndir

"G-grandpa? Grandpa is that you? Grandpa!" The kid in the distance yelled waving his hands furiously in an attempt to get your attention. He was already on his way towards you, but he picked up his pace as he started running up to you with a huge grin on his face.

"I had my first battle today grandpa! The man I fought was mean though..." His tone of voice darkened, and had an edge of sadness.  "He beat up all my Pok?mon, but I'm going to make sure I win next time!" He smiled happily as he pulled out a Pok? Ball and released the Pok?mon inside.

A moment after that a Pok?mon appeared. It was a Venipede. It looked up towards you and seemed to stretch. You could tell that it had many wounds on its body, though your grandson had done his best to attempt to patch him up.

"It's grandpa Clawman! Go say hi." He commanded. The Venipede looked up again and seemed to nod its head in acknowledgment.

dawt

"Oh, you're a little roughed up, aren't ya." I squat down slowly and reach down to pet him.

"Here, let me fix you up a little bit."

I pull out my first aid kit from my inventory and attempt to apply it to the venipede.

Throndir

[blockquote]Carson's Edu: Medicine 3d6+1 : 2, 1, 3 + 1, total 7[/blockquote]

Throndir

Patching up the Venipede, you apply a few salves on the wounds and re-do some of the bandages your grandson had applied. It was a much better fit, and though Venipede squirmed in pain at first as you began your work, soon enough Venipede was back to normal. Its injuries would still take some time to heal, but you knew at least its recovery would be sped up.

[okay]Spent 1 AP: Heals Clawman by 7 HP.
+1 Exp for your first skill check[/okay]"Thank you grandpa! Clawman looks a lot better." He grinned as he bent down too, and picked up Venipede into his arms.

"I don't think I've seen you here before grandpa, usually I always visit though." Jason said, wondering what brought you to that particular place just outside Xan Academy.

dawt

"Well, you see Jason, grandpa has something very important to ask of you."

I begin explaining to him the situation, as gently as possible.

"Grandpa wants to make sure daddy isn't in trouble. So he is going to be friends with some mean, bad people to do help daddy. And grandpa needs your help, Jason, if you're willing."

Throndir

Your grandson looks up expectantly at you, his features a mix of curiosity and worry.

"Of course Grandpa! Clawman will help too." He replied, the Venipede made a happy sound as it squirmed in Jason's arms. "What do we do?"

dawt

"Clawman could be put in danger! Are you sure?"

I ask sincerely. My determination to save my son will not come at the expense of my grandson.

"I need to make it look like I'm stealing a pokemon to gain the trust of those bad men. Stealing is wrong, but we have to pretend."