Arsenal

Started by Throndir, December 31, 2014, 12:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

"So you juniors members need to listen to what I just found out today." The person speaking was the one you recognized from Butch's 'defacement' operation, Gren was his name. His reference to calling you and the rest with you as 'juniors' was correct, though he purposefully left out the fact that he himself was junior. That being said, Gren as indeed older than the rest of you, and you had to wonder how long had the man been kept into the same rank and position he had now.

"I overheard the big guys up top are planning to have some sort of facility where new recruits get their pick from the litter! Not fair considering you guys just missed it right? I even took a look at the facility, and there were a ton of Pok?mon there." He leaned in close, and grinned slyly. A moment later he pulled out a Pok? Ball.

"Look what I managed to nab." As he said that, he released his Pok?mon, a moment after the red beaming light dispersed, a Rattata appeared. The creature looked around at first, then it immediately jumped towards its master.

"Quit it! That's not really very Team Rocket of you!" Gren scolded, but the Rattata continued to make a squeaky happy noise. Eventually the Rattata calmed down however, and he placed her down.

"So, here's the plan." His eyes sparkled. "We'll sneak into that facility, catch as many Pok?mon as we can, then head out before we're caught. Lets get as many as we can! After all, Pok?mon are the best arsenal."

QuoteObjective: Catch as many Pok?mon before the time limit, or before you're caught!
Fail rewards:
1 Trainer Exp
$100
Any Pok?mon you catch*

Success rewards:
1 Trainer Exp
$500
Any Pok?mon you catch

*Might throw some stuff in depending on how it goes on a failed result

Will proceed with the next encounters once we have our group.

Burdenking

The thought of catching pokemon, in such a close environment with little chance of anything going wrong excited Oreah, only because the ease of the mission could be good training for her young pokemon and the chance to expand her team even further also was an attractive idea. Though she did not really desire a Ratatta for her catch, she would indeed go along with whatever she caught first. The first pokemon she caught would be the one she kept and left with, because despite the prospect of having a full team being attractive, fate would decide that day what he new companion would be, and not her.

Behind her mask, Oreah smiled at Gren and nodded, holding up her fist silently and pumping into the air to show her support of the plan, it being slightly weird from the silent team rocket member.

Ella

Miera Fieren

Although the idea showed a lot of disrespect for the team and the team's superiors, especially coming from the same guy who had persuaded a bunch of newbie members to deface a superior's sleeping quarters, the more Miera thought of the idea, the more it grew on her. It was not like she had any loyalty towards Team Rocket. Her loyalty belonged to Team Magma. Thus, she could join in to nab some extra Pok?mon. Even if she only caught one, it would be one less Pok?mon in the clutches of Team Rocket. And she could say she was doing her own true team a service. She just would not share in her reports to Maxie that she had stolen Pok?mon from Team Rocket until she had figured out the best way to make it sound good to him.

"I'm in." She said.

Linwelin

Corey was flabbergasted. The higher ups were favoring new members with ME being the cut-off point!? PREPOSTEROUS! He barely suppressed expressing his rage over the matter, but he still clicked his tongue while gritting his teeth at the news. With this self-righteous train of thought, Corey was all-the-more keen on Gren's plan. After all, how else would he combat the sense of belittlement that the news had brought him? By proving they chose wrong by excluding him, of course!

Corey let loose a low, sinister, chuckle before looking Gren squarely in the eye, "Lead the way! Time is of the essence..."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Lance

"Some might call this 'betrayal' or 'treachery at its lowest form,'" Aran began, having joined in most ambiguously. "But if one were to say no to such things: no to breaking in, no to thieving... then therein lies the true betrayal."

"We are Team Rocket after all," he continued in full agreement of the plan.

"We've a reputation to keep."
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Throndir

Kedric Larns

Kedric for one loved Team Rocket, and once Gren had started mentioning the details of the plan, Kedric readily agreed. The big guys on top were his heroes after all, and if his heroes handed out Pok?mon, the more so that Kedric wanted to be in the loop.

"Did you hear that Digger?" Kedric said as he picked up his Sandshrew, looking at him in the eye as he raised him high above his head. "We're going to get you a friend!" Digger waved its arms around, as if trying to say that it was happy.

"Hahahaha! Yes Digger! We shall find you a GLORIOUS friend!"

Throndir

"Alright then! Looks like we got our group, and we got our plan!" Gren grinned as he looked at each of the individuals in turn. Sizing up each one and approving as he gave a quick nod to each person. They were a squad after all, besides, their squad's actual senior members rarely bothered with them anyways. Gren had been the oldest of the junior members, though, to be perfectly honest, you knew him to be klutz and often-times acted pitifully.

"Then lets get this operation started! Operation: Arsenal. Man I'm good at this naming stuff." He laughed to himself as he opened the door of the room. "Follow me then, keep up close, don't look too suspicious, and above all, stay quiet! Before we go, here's the layout of the area we're going to. Used some of our awesome grid paper for this too! I think I'm getting to be a better drawer myself. Gren the Cartographer! Hahahaha." No one really laughed at his joke though. He cleared his throat, but showed the others the map he drew.

With that the group moved on forward, traversing their underground complex, with ease. It was night, so there were hardly any other Team Rocket members around, so they group made it quickly through the tunneling paths. Soon enough they were at a vent opening, strangely enough, it was already opened, with the screws to them loosened.

"Going through the front door wasn't the best option you see..." He grinned as he wiggled the hatch open. Soon enough it was unlocked, and shortly after that the group headed inside. The journey then didn't take very long, though at times it was cramped, the group eventually did get to their destination. As Gren slid the hatch from the ventilation shaft off, before them was a couple more hallways and doors.

"Here we are. Though, we should be quiet, it might not seem like it, but there are a couple of guys taking the night-time watch. They're probably just... wandering around. The security room at the center is closed off for maintenance, and the camera system isn't quite functional yet, but I was told it was close to completion so we could hook the things up in the security room and keep tabs on everyone. Each of the rooms on the map has a particular type of Pok?mon, though I can tell you the one right in front of us is where they keep the Rattata."

"Let's go get us some Pok?mon!" Gren exclaimed, though as quietly as he could muster.

• There are an unspecified number of security guards (more added as the RP goes on).
  • Each security guards lingers at a particular colored area for a few rounds, then moves to the next area. Sometimes they choose a location randomly, or sometimes they have a specific direction in mind.
  • Red lines on the map represent doors. Roll Edu: Technology to attempt to open them. Note that most doors require more than one person to open. Attempting to open a door takes a Standard action.
  • Security room at the center can "light up" where the guards are, so you know at what location they're at. A standard action is required to "see" where the guards at, while that particular player is in the security room.
  • Anytime you enter through a new door, or colored area, roll Perception.
  • You cannot catch any Pok?mon in a location with a security guard in it.
  • If you are in the same area as a security guard, roll Stealth. If failed, you are "sighted". Otherwise you may choose to go into the next area.
  • RP ends at a undisclosed number of Pokemon captured, or a particular number of rounds have passed, or if players have been sighted three times.
Rounds passed: 0

Battle Grid
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Burdenking

Oreah looked about the hall, her silence right at home in the environment they had found themselves in. Upon being pointed to the Ratatas, Oreah immediately looked to the door opposite of them. She pointed to that door, looked to the group around her, then went over to begin trying to open it.

Those who thought like her would understand why she wanted to open the unknown over the known, for the chance at better or rarer pokemon.
[spoiler]Tech roll
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6-2 : 4, 1 - 2, total 3[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Ella

Miera Fieren

Miera turned immediately to the room with the Rattata. While she was interested to see what other Pok?mon the higher ups had set aside for new members of the team, she did want a Rattata. They were known to be extremely fast creatures, and would be the perfect addition to her team. She would find out what her companions found in the other room before deciding if it was worth it to try for other Pok?mon.

[spoiler][blockquote]Rolled 2d6+2 : 1, 1 + 2, total 4[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

Oreah & Miera
Both individuals attempted to open their own door. Oreah opening the southern one, and Miera opening the northern one. However, as they began their work, they realized that there were two consoles on either side of the door, and the more you investigated, the more you realized that these doors were meant to be kept shut, and that it required at least two people working on the same door to open them. You wonder how Butch was able to get his Pok?mon that he captured.

"-Aahaha... I had help you see..." He shrugged.

QuoteKedric will follow:

[blockquote]Rolled 1d4 : 2, total 2[/blockquote]
1 = Aran
2 = Corey
3 = Miera
4 = Oreah

Throndir

Kedric Larns

Oh this room. This place! How the lights flickered. How his companions snuck about so quietly with their own self-interest motivations. Kedric was about to blurt out something then, but because of the fact he indeed realized this was a stealthy mission, spoke softer instead.

"Team Rocket is wonderful!" He laughed, though, it was easy to tell he was attempting to tone his voice down as low as possible. He proceeded to drape an arm around one of the members, one that looked absolutely like any of the other Team Rocket grunts he'd see. Himself included of course.

"Corey right? Between the two of us, I bet we'll capture some of the best Pok?mon here!" He grinned widely.

Linwelin

Corey was completely thrown off guard by his joyous comrade-in-theft. It was...Kedric, I think. Yea, that's him! The pitfall prodigy that I heard recently joined... All Corey knew is that the fellow was an odd ball, but genuine. That last part was what made him so surprised that such a guy joined Team Rocket. But Kedric was eager and able, which he could respect. And didn't make you feel like crud, which he REALLY respected.

"Heck yes we will! Gotta show those higher-ups that over-looking us was a mistake! But we gotta be fast...let's see...Let's try for past the security booth. The higher the risk, the better the challenge." Corey whispered energetically. Sure, he wanted new pokemon, but if it the act didn't get his adrenaline pumping it just wasn't worth it. Corey dropped low and entered his "thief-mode", keeping his eyes pelled and footsteps soft as he moved ahead.

[spoiler][blockquote]Stealth:  3d6+2 : 4, 2, 3 + 2, total 11[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Perception:  3d6+2 : 6, 4, 6 + 2, total 18[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Ella

Miera Fieren

Frowning, Miera stared at the two panels. She could help the other girl open her door, but she really wanted to do this on her own. The more people traveling together, the more likely they were to get caught. Vesper was not tall enough to reach the other panel on his own, though... Unless he climbed. To bad the doorway was not more narrow. If it was, she could balance herself so that Vesper could sit on her leg while she stretched to reach the other panel and both pressed the enter buttons at the same time. She would have to have set it up so that all they had to do was press enter first.

Finally giving up on doing it by herself, but not willing to join the other girl for some unknown Pok?mon, Miera decided she would make the idiot who came up with this whole plan help her. He already knew how to get into this room, after all. Turning around, she grabbed the guy by his upper arm and turned him to face her.

"You've opened this door before. Show me how." She whispered as she gestured towards the door leading to the Rattata room.

[spoiler]Intimidate: [blockquote]Rolled 3d6+2 : 5, 2, 3 + 2, total 12[/blockquote]
Command: [blockquote]Rolled 3d6+1 : 2, 3, 1 + 1, total 7[/blockquote]
EDU Tech: [blockquote]Rolled 2d6+2 : 2, 3 + 2, total 7[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

Kedric Larns

"I like your thinking!" Kedric said as he grinned. He watched Corey as he bent down lower, and started to sneak off. Kedric followed shortly behind, keeping his eyes alert as he followed after his companion.

The sneaking was simply too glorious, and Kedric couldn't help but continually keep smiling as he crept up in the shadows, literally shadowing Corey who kept the lead.

QuoteKedric follows Corey:

Stealth:
[blockquote]Rolled 4d6+6 : 4, 3, 2, 4 + 6, total 19[/blockquote]

Perception:
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6-1 : 5, 4 - 1, total 8[/blockquote]

Throndir

Corey's Group
Sneaking towards the security room, you don't see any signs of the guards. They weren't in the vicinity, nor did you see them in the hallways to the south and north wings. You knew they were around, just not quite sure where.

Original Group
Gren gave her a slight harumph as he went to the console. "The trick is to just..." he said as he fiddled with the controls. "Get the other end." With that done and soon enough the door to the Rattata was opened again.

QuoteRounds: 0

Guard Last Known Location:
[spoiler]Unknown[/spoiler]

Battle Grid
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]