[Interest Check] World of Warcraft RPG

Started by Kirhart, December 20, 2014, 05:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirhart

The concept will be based on the 2nd revised edition World of Warcraft book published by Swords and Sorcery.

I would like to run primarily one faction for a starter scenario which would get us all familiar with the game mechanics and characters within the World of Warcraft universe. Upon completion we would re-roll new characters who would exist in the world a great deal of time after the introductory chapter.

I would like to focus the introductory chapter as in the time of the arrival of the Forsaken, a huge turn point in World of Warcraft lore. This would allow a mixture of factions and faction based Race's in the same initial Campaign. It would start out with characters already at level 5.

At the conclusion of this first Campaign re-rolling would occur with starting at level 1 characters a couple centuries later. Depending on which faction is most popular or how many people are interested I may do two separate story arcs one based in Horde one based in Alliance or just one story arch based in one faction only.

Myself as a GM: I am a person who has traditionally played MMORPG games. I have participated in various campaigns of D&D as well as Pathfinder, and I am a part of one game on this forum so far. For those who have played WOW, I have 3 level 100 characters in World of Warcraft, each with level 3 garrisons. I have played WOW since Wrath but I have done all old world content and I even have the Loremaster title and achievement. I also have 3 max level Diablo characters and although Diablo and WOW lore are separate, Blizzard is known for its game crossovers. I will mix the D&D rules with several MMO based features so our Campaign will have the architecture based in the RPG rule book and a flow like that of an MMO but with an epic feel.

I will be generous in some progression aspects but not so much that you will feel like you are getting hand outs.

My intention is so that Campaigns will encompass various types of experience and gear obtaining options.

I do not have a closed mindset and will not run the game so that you feel you are playing on a straight path with no option to do what you as a group or even individuals wish to. I will change the progression of the story and the story setting based on the choices you make.

Please let me know if you are wanting to participate I will be posting a character sheet as well as the initial scenario details within a week.

The game features:

Alliance and Horde races including: Dwarf, High Elf, Night Elf, Gnome, Goblin, Human, Orc, Tauren, Troll, and the Undead.

Classes including: Arcanist (Including 3 paths: Mage, necromancer, or warlock), Barbarian, Healer (Including 3 paths: Druid, Priest, Shaman) Paladin, Rogue, Scout, Tinker, Hunter, and Warrior. Class levels cap at 20.

Prestige Classes of: Archmage of Korin Tor, Assassin, Beastmaster, Berserker, Duelist, Elven Ranger, Fel-Sworn, Gladiator, Infiltrator, and Mounted Warrior.

Vast equipment options

Hero Points for particularly powerful actions (Can be granted prior to or following a combat action)

Several Campaign Types: Diplomacy, Dungeneering, Espionage, Exploration, Horror, Mercenaries, Questing, Settlement, Survival, Trade, War, or combination of these will be employed during the course of the game.

A very sophisticated crafting system with benefits ranging from simple buffs and equipment to vehicles and powered armor.

A very deep magical system for those who choose paths of Arcanist or Healer

Throndir

Linwelin

Well, this is one way to play without paying the sub fee XD

You're gonna make me wanna start up again...but...I'm in
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]