Chapter 1

Started by Throndir, November 10, 2013, 08:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

[spoiler]PC: Perhaps something happened to the caravan.
B: Most likely. But we still hope they would come. Sometimes they would be late for weeks until they finally arrive. Those wanderers are never on time like they should be.[/spoiler]

Barmaid: I'm not sure. No one is really sure what happens outside the town and elsewhere. We get information slowly and only from the caravans that pass by. But we still hope they would come. Sometimes they would be late for weeks until they finally arrive. Those wanderers are never on time like they should be.

~Something happened to the caravan.
~Winter?
~Where did the demons come from?
~Demons aren't that dangerous
~When did the caravan last arrive?
~Bandits?
~Demons?
~Wanderers?
~Bye.

Mysticsage

What of Wanderers in town?

Throndir

[spoiler]PC: Wanderers? You mean...
B: Yes... Those mysterious folks in cowls who use magic an' travel from town to town as if it were nothin'! True that they help with the caravans and trading, but they're still mysterious..[/spoiler]

Barmaid: Yes... Those mysterious folks in cowls who use magic an' travel from town to town as if it were nothin'! True that they help with the caravans and trading, but they're still mysterious..

~What do people have against them?
~They help more than hinder.
~Winter?
~Bandits?
~Bye.

Mysticsage

They Help more then hinder

Throndir

[spoiler](if Wanderer class)
You grin as you yourself was a wanderer. More so than soldiers of the war three years ago, wanderers were seen with suspiscion. Tales and remours abound that they themselves were the cause of so many demons appearing as if from no where exactly after the end of the war. Of course, you knew it was all spun from a bard's tale.

PC: They help us more than hinder. After all, they do help protect the caravans.
B: That's true, I'd give you that. Pa always told me 'the unknown is what men fear'.[/spoiler]

B: That's true, I'd give you that. Pa always told me 'the unknown is what men fear'.
~Winter?
~Bandits?
~Bye.

Mysticsage

When did the caravan last arrive?

Throndir

[spoiler]PC: When did the caravan last arrive here at this village?
B: The caravan to Waisu hasn't been 'ere in about three weeks I reckon. This village's supplies are thinning-out, and I'd wager we'll have little left when the full of winter hits us.
[/spoiler]

B: The caravan to Waisu hasn't been 'ere in about three weeks I reckon. This village's supplies are thinning-out, and I'd wager we'll have little left when the full of winter hits us.
~Winter?
~Bandits?
~Bye.

Mysticsage

Throndir

[spoiler]PC: Do you think the village could get through the winter?
B: I hope so, the past winters after the war weren't too bad. The caravans came daily, after awhile, they missed a few days, which was rare considering that those wanderers are the type to always be on time. Awhile after that, they started missing even more days. Weeks even. Lately, the caravan's missed so many days. I'm just a' teeny worried we might not make it through this winter.[/spoiler]

Barmaid: The past winters after the war weren't too bad. The caravans came daily, after awhile, they missed a few days, which was rare considering that those wanderers are the type to always be on time. Awhile after that, they started missing even more days. Weeks even. Lately, the caravan's missed so many days. I'm just a' teeny worried we might not make it through this winter.

~What do people have against them (Wanderers)?
~Bandits?
~Bye.

Mysticsage

What do people have against them?

Throndir

[spoiler]PC: What do people have against them anyways? All they do is travel between towns. Much like your mercenaries right?
B: I'm not sure myself. Though, I mistrust them as well. I suppose it's because those people always tend to keep to themselves, as if they don't care about any of us normal folks.[/spoiler]

Barmaid: I'm not sure myself. Though, I mistrust them as well. I suppose it's because those people always tend to keep to themselves, as if they don't care about any of us normal folks.

~Bandits?
~Bye.

Mysticsage

Throndir

[spoiler]PC: I see, thanks.
The barmaid nods and walks away towards the bar.[/spoiler]

As the barmaid turned away, she stopped and glanced back.
Barmaid: Not ever ordering something?

~Order something
~Order nothing

QuoteReviving this. Choose an option, or suggest your own! Remember I'm recording all these to expand my current dialogue trees.

Hasabushi

Throndir

Right after barbamaid event/dialogue

You decided not to order anything and the barmaid simply passed on to serving the next table. As you listened to the increasingly loud chatter as more people came in, got drunk and bickered, you wonder how much longer you'll stay in this village. You were never one to stay in the same village for long, and usually after a day or two, you would leave and venture to the next town.

[continue]

As you waited and pondered what to do next, you notice a woman walk down from the stairs. But it wasn't that which caught your attention - people always walked up and down the flight of stairs. But it was the cloak that she wore over her head and body that most likely held some hidden weapons. From experience you knew cloaks usually held items that would rather not be seen in public. Not only that, only few wore cloaks these days. You yourself once wore one a time long ago.

[continue]

The person stopped midway on the stairs and seemingly looked around the room before continuing. Pausing for a moment, it looked as if she considered which table to sit at. Soon after, she made her way to your table. As she neared you were able to discern more features of her cloak, and sighed in relief in not noticing the mark you searched for. Up close, you can see her grey eyes, but since she was still hooded her hair was still hidden.

She nodded towards you.

[continue]

Cloaked Stranger: May I sit here?

~Yes
~No