Chapter 1

Started by Throndir, November 10, 2013, 08:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

Feel free to comment as I post them. I'd like some feedback as much as possible. Some quick info of the game, it's supposed to be linear. Maybe in the future if I ever finish this one, I'll attempt something text-based but non-linear.

This isn't supposed to be the actual game, but I figured a good way to get some feedback is to have people go through it. If you're reading this, and you see a choice you can make, choose one of them.

Likewise if I had given you some options, and none of them are ones you would pick, do that instead. Kinda like a forum game! But which benefits me with feedback and time to go over what I wrote and see if I should modify the conversation flow.

Introduction

Blood. Blood. Blood.

There was nothing but endless blood. Looking at your hands there was nothing but the deep hue of crimson that stained them. Your mind was hazy and in tatters, much like the strewn corpses around you as you felt painfully the throbbing of your head.

You felt something. A strange sensation. An emotion. One that was foreign.

Eyes. Ever accusing eyes stared at you. Both incriminating and threatnening. You felt your legs buckled and gave way. Your limbs; lifeless. Yet the eyes still gazed, never releasing their cold grasp.

You would have screamed - but you found that you couldn't. Your vision blurred. Hues of crimson red and clouded darkness overlapped and alternated as finally all vision was lost altogether.

Only then did you realize the sensation from earlier.

Panic. It was a strange feeling; you've never felt it before.

<credits>

FWC Presents

Demon Rising: Renewal

Three Years Later...

Throndir

Chapter 1 - Waisu Village

After the world-wide war that devastated the planet ending only three years ago when massive bombs were unleashed that decimated millions of lives, you find yourself at a tavern in a small village called Waisu. Like many of the travellers who dared venture in the wastelands between the specks of civilization, you are a hardy person, knowing the ways of survival and fighting prowess to ensure your safety in the wilderness that were once fertile ground. Blue skinned creatures, demons, as some people call them, roam the lands in numbers too many to count. Where once only a handful of these blue-tinted, sharp-clawed, and red-eyed beasts made their appearances above ground, now they threaten to destroy the whisping peace that held the lives of the survivors together. When once bandits threatened the safety of travellers, now the blue-skinned creatures rule the wilds ensuring their dominion between villages. Mercanaries, which included soldiers, and those few remaining with mystical talent, are all that stands that guards to protect the safety of the small scattered villages, travellers and merchants.

You sigh as you sit on the empty table. You yourself just had an encounter with one of those demons, but thankfully, demons do not travel in groups, and you were able to dispatch the creature - of course, with a few injuries sustained. When you arrived at the tavern sometime after noon, there were only a handful of people, some quiet regulars, and the bartender were the only people inside. Time passed, and still you sat silently on the table. You had no where particularly to go to, like many people, their purpose in life was destroyed in the war. When the sun set early, for it was still winter, more people came in. Soon after, the tavern was filled, occupying each table, and even each chair of the room. For some reason, only yours was empty. You shrugged. Travellers, and those 'crazy' enough to go between towns, always had that effect on people. Many of these 'travellers' were soldiers after all.

You didn't pay them any mind. You didn't want to be bothered anyways. Yet, you felt that it would be for the better if people were more open to travellers such as you. You took a sip of the drink you had ordered just earlier before, waiting still, and wondering what you should do next - or where to travel to.

Throndir

You sit quietly on the cold and wooden chair, surrounding a table of like-material. A fireplace burns nearby, a simple one with a brick outlining against the wooden tavern wall, and in front sits a grill, much as to prevent embers from spitting out and drunkards throwing things in. Winter has come after all, but because of all that you've experienced, although the fire warmed your body, it did little to soothe the coldness you felt within. You see a nearby barmaid look curiously at you, she promptly made her way towards you, as she handed pieces of food and drinks on her tray to those nearby. The same barmaid approached you a couple of times already this day. Apparently, the tavern did not like people overstaying their welcome, especially if they hadn't ordered anything on the menu.

Barmaid: Hello again hun, would you like anything else while I'm here? The tavern's been gettin' a pretty busy. Knowing its supper time an' all.
-Yes.
-No thanks.

QuoteSomeone pick one of the options above! Or suggest your own.

Mysticsage

The slight grumblings of an empty stomach gave you away before you could answer. Traveling in these kinds of conditions meant a good meal was often few and far between.

"Something simple, would be great."
you say a little gruffer then you had intended with a slight smirk. It had been a while since you had any real conversations and your throat wasn't use to it. Taking a swig of your drink again to try to sooth the dryness you start once again.

"It's been a while since I've been in a place like this, so I would prefer nothing to overboard I don't think my stomach or my purse could handle it." That last statement was better, still slightly rough but not as nearly as weathered.

Hasabushi

Rancid milk and moldy bread was all that Sir War-wick had feasted on, these past few months. War-wick cleaned the edge of I'giot (his rapier) against his boot, the foul almost acidic blood of the demon had nearly made quick work of it, but the blade had proved resilient just as the old hag had said.

The tavern was a welcome and unexpected site, Sir War-wick had heard of these places scattered among the wilds. He sat down promptly as he entered the establishments its accouterments nothing to write home about. The barmaid approached offering refreshment, War-wick the "heavy-laden" placed two silver coins on the table, "Give me your finest food, and best Ale... "

Throndir

QuoteI'll be placing the original text I had laid out in spoiler tags just for those curious. Since I'll probably be using the text written here to expand my game project, I'll be including <continue> lines every now and then. Just pay them no mind.

[spoiler]You decide to order something.

<continue>

PC: Yes, what do you have to offer?

Barmaid: I'm afraid not that much, the trade caravan that was suppose to come here a week ago hasn't arrived yet. I dear hope it will get here soon, I'm not sure how
much long we can last if it doesn't.[/spoiler]

Barmaid: We don't have much that can overburden your purse, though as for puttin' a strain on your stomach, that's a whole different story hun. But...

<continue>

The Barmaid draws a long sigh.

<continue>

Barmaid: Me asking for your orders is simply.. what's the word... portocol? Or something or other. I'm meaning ta' say that we don't have all that much. The trade caravan that was suppose to come here a week ago hasn't arrived yet. I dear hope it will get here soon, I'm not sure how much long we can last if it doesn't.

<continue>

Barmaid: But... Stew, we have, perhaps a bit of old salad and a few potatoes I'm sure. We have bread as well, but for the most part they're stale, I hope you won't mind.
-Give me something to eat.
-On second thought, no thanks.

Hasabushi

Question the barmaid, any current events?

Throndir

[spoiler]B: Sadly no. It's been happening more often lately. That is, the caravan an' all. Sometimes bandits get a hold of the goods, or maybe even demons! Not to mention the mysterious wanderers an' the like.[/spoiler]

Barmaid: These days, I'm not sure if you can call anything a current event. It's pretty much the same everyday. Just getting worse an' worse. That is, the caravan an' all. Sometimes bandits get a hold of the goods, or maybe even demons! Not to mention the mysterious wanderers an' the like.
~When did the caravan last arrive?
~Bandits?
~Demons?
~Wanderers?
~Bye.

Hasabushi

Demons? This far in?

Throndir

[spoiler]PC: Demons attack caravans huh...
B: Where 'ave you been lately? There are too many demons out there. It's dangerous travelling the countryside these days.[/spoiler]

Barmaid: The more time pass, the more there are. Even though I know the guards and wanderers do their work, it feels like there are more times I hear about how close they are getting. I heard that the town, two towns over, Galru was it? Well anyways, one of 'em caravan guards told me that the place was deserted! Not a single soul. There are too many demons out there. It's dangerous travelling the countryside these days.

~Where did the demons come from?
~Demons aren't that dangerous
~back

Mysticsage

Demons aren't that dangerous

Throndir

PC: Demons can be killed.
Barmaid: Yes. But it still takes a lot. And a large group of guards too. Even then, people still die.

~Bandits?
~Demons?
~Wanderers?
~Bye.

Hasabushi

"Interesting. When did the caravan last arrive?"

Throndir

[spoiler]PC: When did the caravan last arrive here at this village?[/spoiler]

Barmaid: The caravan to Waisu hasn't been 'ere in about three weeks I reckon. This village's supplies are thinning-out, and I'd wager we'll have little left when the full of winter hits us.

~Something happened to the caravan.
~Winter?

~Bandits?
~Demons?
~Wanderers?
~Bye.

Hasabushi

"hmm interesting. What happened to the caravan?"