Restarting Demon Rising: Renewal

Started by Throndir, April 09, 2012, 12:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

Thinking of bringing back the project, hours of work done on that project. At the very least I'm going to create the Adventure file for Legendarytales during summer. Too much work done in that to just be wasted away.

Anyways for those who don't know DRR is a text-based game primarily developed by me based on a roleplay between Throndir, Lance, and Twi-hard23. Currently, if the files were converted into a playable game, I would say there's around 30 minutes - an hour of gameplay.

Here's the Info and Data files, as well as rough notes for the story (it's more like a key terms list).

If you're interested in helping, I'm looking for artists for pencil sketches of things, and perhaps someone with knowledge of LT to create an ADV file from the data.

Hasabushi

If I can get free'd up I'll help with ADV file, just need to refresh my brain of the system lol

Glad your doing this I would hate to see all that go to waste :(

Throndir

Thinking of working more on it during summer and at least finish a release so I have something to show.

Kazamatta

I just started workin with LT not to long ago but i will gladl help you try to get the adv file done.

Throndir

It is a lot of work Kaz, you can download the data file above and see the scope of it currently.

It would be great though if you did, but you have your own project too. If you do decide to start the project, be sure to upload it, as a zip, on these forums again. Preferably different zips for each version.

Throndir

Going to restart the project again. I'll try to do at least 1 dialogue every 2 days. I'll speed up the process once Grim's engine is workable enough for me to start writing the dialogues into scripts, and porting the old scripts from LT to the new format.