Advertising Campaign

Started by Emperor Wilbers, April 06, 2012, 10:43:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor Wilbers

I have decided that without proper exposure we're not going to get anywhere. I Emperor Wilbers, the Benevolent, hereby proclaim thyself and thy empire to procure any number of citizens as we can uphold. Any resistance will be decommissioned and defused.

I have already several villages and hamlets where I can give speeches to claim those petty villagers into our glorious kingdom.

During my campaign I will make those silly townsfolk grovel at my feet and I will make them BEG to be in my kingdom, I will make them screech for the slightest chance to be given an opportunity to be with me, I will make them yell, scream, and give up everything to be with me. Muahahahahaha! I will make them devote all their time to worshipping myself, Emperor Wilbers. They will chant with the most vivacious and strong of voices to please me, their leader! They will yell this chant as I am to enter their miniscule whereabouts:

"Master Wilbers guide us. Master Wilbers teach us. Master Wilbers protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve. Our lives are yours."

If they do not cooperate they will live in remorse and sorrow for the rest of their lives because I will have them flogged and will chant their devotions to me during the process and for the rest of their sorry lives, until every last smidgit of hope and life has left their body.

I will rule over the kingdom. I will RULE! (screaming coming from thousands of followers whom all give their thanks to me.)

[I just wanted to give some extra background and awesomeness to this topic. lol]

Throndir

That would be great. :D

Hmm, but an excuse would be needed too, you should really set up your game project here on the forums, or some other project, then ask for people's help/exposure on other communities and have them redirected to here. :D

Emperor Wilbers

That sounds like a great idea. I'll give you regular updates about when it will be finished

lightspeed15

Just kinda curious, what game engine will you be using for your game?

Emperor Wilbers

No idea. Just working out the kinks right now. (creating the world)

BTW, what do you guys think of me creating a blog for the site?

lightspeed15

Seems like a good idea, might want to run it by Throndir and Hasabushi and see what they say. I don't see any reason NOT to.

Emperor Wilbers

Okay, I will. I already have a blog I can rename to "Fantasy World Creations" or something similar. Currently, we are advertised on two forums. One I randomly found called "The Free Advertising Forum" and the other one is for a game I play called CyberNations. Its very in-depth and so I'm in an alliance and that's the alliance's forums. The alliance is called Paraguas. I have a thing in my signature so for every post I make on there there will be a link. I also made a post simply advertising it. I'll probably post several more updates on that too, to keep eveeyone in touch with it.

Emperor Wilbers

This is the ad I'm using for the site. Please tell me if there are any changes you would like me to perforem on it. PS. I aim to make this a hot topic. (15 replies) I also got another forum, the "Legend of the Seeker" forums.

Interested in text-based RPGs? How about creating them? Interested in a friendly community that can help you with almost anything? Interested in D&D? Then FWC is for you. FWC has several RPGs to play with other members, and join in on rich story telling and playing. Or, if you're interested, create your own RPG. Or, you don't have to do any of that. You can just have a good time with the members. Here's the forums and the website(which isn't updated fully so I recommend visiting the forums which has all the RPGs):
http://forum.fantasyworldcreations.com/index.php (forums)
http://www.fantasyworldcreations.com/ (website)

Hope to see you soon!

Emperor Wilbers

The blog has a new follower: Hasabushi! Do you want to become an editor, to post your own things about FWC? Also, Is your Blogger Username J.R. Foxworth?

The blog has a new post. Nothing new is in it, just a description of the RPGs. It also has 11 views on its first day. I'm not sure if that's just from us going back and forth or what. lol.

Emperor Wilbers

Here's an update on the AD Campaign:

We currently have 4 ads up:
http://paraguas.co/index.php?/topic/321-forum-rpgs/
http://www.thefreeadvertisingsite.com/fantasy-world-creations-283301.html
http://forums.legendoftheseeker.org/showthread.php/7560-Fantasy-World-Creations
[The fourth one is on The Fantasy Forum, but the actual post is yet to be approved for being on the forums]

And also, IDK if you've heard, but, I'm trying to make this a "Hot Topic" for no particular reason and I would like to make it seem as if I'm not talking to myself for the entire latter half so if you could post in this topic and help out that would be much appreciated.

lightspeed15

Well if we want to get more people what we need to do is make this forum more unique then others and also give it something that will cathc the eyes of the orders.

I propose a new custom skin!

I propose flash games!!

I also propose having contests! And the winner of those contests should get some kind of prize...

I also propose some kind of jukebox music player at the very top where you can choose to play adventure music and those kinds of things.

Emperor Wilbers

That sounds like an awesome idea! I would like to add on that an active forum tells the viewer that we are friendly and a good forum to register on. Just sayin'.

I am going to go on a ad frenzy tonight in an effort to post on at LEAST 5 more forums. Hopefully we can get some attention. I will also add the link to the blog to let them know that we are SO professional to even have our own blog, and essentially this should improve the outcomes. I also added a new post on the blog about the Forum Games section BTW.

Hasabushi

It sounds good, but all those code changes can be a nightmare, especially changing the theme, and prizes? Who is  gonna pay for those lol, not on my budget :P. The flash games are doable, the music player is a bandwidth sucker so that wouldn't be a good idea until we update our bandwidth which won't happen until we get a lot more members. Maybe in the future have a section for paying members only. For lanning and stuff, who knows :D

Throndir

We actually have 12 gigs of monthly bandwidth.

It's just I'm not entirely sure of having a music player on the site, since more than likely, people already have their own media players + musics they have on their computer. It also goes into what we're hosting, since I'd rather not put up infringing files on the server.

Emperor Wilbers

That's absolutely true. On another hand, We've gotte NO new members from all my forum posting. Incolent little good-for-nothing peasants! They don't know quality even when they're wearing it... Kill them all... o-E