Hostess out of business

Started by Throndir, November 16, 2012, 04:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/16/us-hostess-bankruptcy-idUSBRE8AF0OW20121116

QuoteIt is not a given that all of the better-known brands will survive, analysts said. "I'd be surprised if the Twinkies brand isn't gone for good," said Timothy Ramey, analyst at D.A. Davidson & Co.

The company has canceled all orders with its suppliers and said any product in transit would be returned to the shipper.

The company's last operating report, filed with the bankruptcy court in late October, listed a net loss of $15.1 million for the four weeks that ended in late September, mostly due to restructuring charges and other expenses.

I never really eat Twinkies, but whooooo, they're kinda like an icon. Twinkies being gone for good. xD

Some people are making use of the news by selling twinkies on eBay. From what I heard, at a good profit.

Emperor Wilbers

The imminent end has finally come. It really is kind of disappointing. They've been around for SOO long.

Milk

NOOOOOO!!! Twinkies were on my list of food i would eat when i became fat! Why god, why?