Good Day Commrades!

Started by Oath, November 14, 2012, 01:27:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oath

Hello! Our glorious and benevolent leader Throndir has brought me to this humble forum!I met him several years ago when we were both freshmen in College, and we had some boring history class we had to take. He sat down next to me and pulled out his green monster of a Dell. When I saw his Anime background, I knew that I had found someone in my class that didn't suck. I started to get back into Anime again at that point, and don't really remember anything else about the history class, but here I am now.

The other day our glorious and benevolent leader Throndir asked me if I would be interested in some forum D&D, I agreed, even though I do not really know what I am doing (The last time I played, I was 13 or so, and it was 2.0 AD&D with my older cousin and his group of friends, and it was an.. interesting experience, but details on that can be released upon request.) I decided to play a meathead fighter to be on the frontlines and get a grapple on the mechanics without having to worry too much about extra things like using up all of my spells and fighting off a horde of goblins with a rusty dagger. As I don't think conjure water works inside of some poor sap's lungs.

In general, I like to play games, primarily RPGs (JRPGs, MMOs etc) as well as some action games and some shooters (Uncharted, Borderlands, Darksouls, GTA etc), though I tend to stay away from CoD. I also play some fighters, though currently I am mostly involved with Persona 4 Arena and Blaz Blue. I kind of suck, but they're fun so it's all good.  I roll on PSN as iKidnapLolis if anyone else plays there. At the moment I am going through Dead Space and trying to finish up Valkyria Chronicles, and playing some other stuff on the side. Also I generally end up playing League of Legends daily.. at least for Win of the Day, even though the community is awful and frustrating. Usually have a few of my other real life pals with me but if someone who doesn't mind if people aren't pro feels like playing we can make room for you.

I also run a Teamspeak 3 server, if that is something that we can utilize let me know, at the moment we usually just use it for League, and it can fit a good 15 or 20 people... I forget what the limit is, but I host it off my PC and it has a near 100% uptime unless my router decides to die on me as it sometimes does.

I enjoy watching anime (most genres, open to new things and generally try to find something enjoyable about every show even if it is kind of awful.)

going bowling (I kind of suck, but its cheap and a good way to pass an evening outside of the house)

watching Hockey (Everett's local team kind of sucks, but it's still a good time.)

make awful puns (Who doesn't?), and just chat in general. (again who doesn't :P)

There is more I could say, but for now I think that this is appropriate. Nice to meet everyone!

I have no idea why I didn't join this community sooner, as I saw it a couple of years ago... I think? Or at least sometime in the past when it was linked to me for something different, but I never signed up. Here I am now, and ready to give this Forum D&D a shot, and hopefully stick around a bit longer than that for community!

Manzokushi

Nice to meet you Oath and welcome to the community. We are a fun loving lot of people, I know Hasabushi in real life everyone else is fictional. :) I am also a lover of Anime so if you ever want to swap lists I would love to. I look forward to gaming with you both on the new threads and others as they come along. Once again welcome to our little community.

Throndir

Whoooo! I know Linwelin, Oath, Akichimihito. We all attended the same university, but I'm no quite sure if those three know each other. Maybe to a second or third degree. XD

Glad you finally joined lol, yup these times all we've pretty much been doing is playing D&D through forums. Some start up projects spring up every once in awhile. At times when we're feeling adventurous we'd try to plan out a LAN session of a game through Hamachi/VPN services. And rarely too we might plan live RPs through chat; that's more of Hasabushi's department though. I did it a few times but man was it a lot of work.

If anyone from your Pathfinder gaming circle is interested to attempt to tackle forum D&D RPs, send them an invite lol. 98% of all our members are from word of mouth. With a very very few registering from somewhere like Google search or stumbling upon it.

Emperor Wilbers

Good to meet you!

Now answer me this:

What is the color of Throndir's hair?

Oath

Quote from: Throndir on November 14, 2012, 08:25:09 AM
Whoooo! I know Linwelin, Oath, Akichimihito. We all attended the same university, but I'm no quite sure if those three know each other. Maybe to a second or third degree. XD

Yeah, I have no idea if I know them or not, if they lived on campus there is a chance, but if they were a commuter like you I probably didn't meet them.

Quote from: Emperor Dovah on November 14, 2012, 11:30:49 AM
Now answer me this:

What is the color of Throndir's hair?

Unless he has dyed it or done something equally crazy it would be black.

Emperor Wilbers