Visual Basic 6 (VB6)

Started by Kazamatta, October 28, 2012, 03:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kazamatta

So I decided that s ince MRAt is being devoled as a project that we are working on and knowing it uses VB6 as the proggraming language I decided to learn it. I have VB6 Pro on this computer and have found a site I think will be very useful in learning it. Here is the link for those already experienced using the language to check over and tell me if you think it will be beneficial to learning from. I found it when searching for learning how to create a GUI (Graphical User Interface) through VB6:

http://www.vb6.us/tutorials/Graphical%20User%20Interface%20(GUI)

Hasabushi

I look forward to seeing some of your GUI layouts :D

Kazamatta

Here is a simple GUI layout made in paint.net. It will be the layout for the beta mode of a online game i want to create.

mrlemke

The stuff not related to the form designer are much more relevant to MRAT since 90%, IIRC, of the code doesn't deal with GUI specifically, but the game screen or game logic.

Kazamatta

Yea I understand that bout MRAT but learning the language overall is gonna be interesting since it is used for so many games, programs, ect. Here is a GUI based off the setup of the above one i posted. This one is done in the VB6 IDE though it has no coding done its just the layout.

Hasabushi

I think thats just the project file no forms are in that.

Kazamatta

I modified the attachment it should have both the project data and form data in it now.

Kazamatta

I am running VB6 Pro on on a computer running Windows 7 Home Premium OS now i followed the tutorial on how to create the alarm clock as i have been with other things so i can learn the language now obviously you have to have win xp to use this code if anyone is running win 7 (any version) and using VB6 can u help me re write this code so it will work I will add th eproject and form data as an attachment.

Kazamatta

Iv'e have a full length registration form i working on with a databse as well for it. This is a simple register/login system i just finished.