BRAND NEW TITLE SCREEN RELEASED

Out of Game Footage:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

In Game Footage:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

~
lightspeed15

CAUTION:
These images and design is protected by a copyright by the United States Government, as well as worldwide governments. By stealing, you are subjecting yourself to be sued.

Hasabushi

Okay well you know that I am very out front with my comments, so please don't take any of this personally, it is just to help you in how to approach your entire design from concept to layout to final image.

So first the positives:

1. The background is a nice texture
2. I like the font and from a design standpoint it appears
    to be fluid in its layout.
3. Nice use of layers and blending on the fonts, makes it really pop out.

So you're doing really well with the use blending and creating effects, keep up the practice. You'll be amazed
at what you can do.

Now for the Negatives:

1. The background and foreground don't really work with one another, the background gives a feeling of
    stone or marble, the foreground is more like steel or some other type of metal, so you're mixing earth tones
    and chrome, not a good mix from a design point of view.
2. Since you want the foreground to pop out, I would working on the levels and curves for the background, if you
    want to post the psd file with layers, I'll show you what I mean.
3. A personal viewpoint is that I feel that it doesn't really convey what the game is about.

Summary:

All in all your getting much much better, you have the ideas which is the most important thing, the other thing is that you need to learn color balance, that just takes experience. Knowing what works and what doesn't is just part of the learning curve.

Emperor Wilbers

Honestly, i like it. I didnt really notice the problem of the background and foreground until hasa pointed it out. I could honestly play the game with that background or not.

lightspeed15

So what I had done for the background is I took a picture of a piece of parchment and I added a lot of effects to it and changed the hue and saturation of it to give it a darker feel.

I am proud of the font as well. There were no jagged cuts in it at all, it was very smooth like this font right now. I rasterized the layer and took the pen tool to it and cut out random pieces of every letter. I also took the outline of the letters, copied it, filled it with all black and blurred and then moved it a bit to give the letters the shadow effect. I then took that shadow I made, used the free transform and warp tool, and made it be the base shadows for each of the words. (you can see a shadow at the base of each word, and a shadow on the letters themselves).

As far as the background and foreground contrast is concerned, one must ask themselves, "Where does steel come from?" They all basically are from the same area, am I right? But I will 'partially' agree with you ;)

That'd be good if you could help me with the levels, always good to get some professional help!!

As far as if it actually pertains to the game....you are correct! I didn't take that into account! :( I guess I made this because I was bored....

Hasabushi

Early concept, of course I have no idea what the gauntlet has to do with the story lol, I'm just going by inspiration.

lightspeed15

How about this. I send you the introductory demo by PM (I don't want anyone else to play it until the day I officially release it) and you can then get the basic storyline?

Even send me your thoughts on it by PM!

What do you say?

Emperor Wilbers

I really like how the red and black balnce out.

lightspeed15

If I must say though, I would really like to use the font that I have. Like the writing just the way it is, I can send you the .psd file via PM so you can grab the font?

I'm just in love with it, no offense to yours of course! I'd just like to have some "me" in it, know what I mean?

Hasabushi

lol asked the same question in another thread :D. Sounds good :D
Hey no problem I would have used your font, you just mentioned it was custom :D

Thanks Emperor, my specialty is high contrast colors. I work a a lot with HD images.