Chapter 4: The Golr'aar

Started by Throndir, March 05, 2012, 08:31:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

It didn't take long for the group to get gathered again. They found themselves all at the abandoned chieftan's hut. There was no one else around save for the group; most of the other villagers and townsfolk hid back into their homes. You found it to be a strange reaction, as if the townsfolk have been through such things before in the past. They seemed to be overly cautious or suspiscious, and you started realizing the reasons why. You knew it dealt somehow with those cloaked men you had fought earlier, and the strange symbol the party had found.

You notice that the chieftan's door is still locked. Just a few feet away is what looked to be an entrance that moved underground. Haru was already there, peering into the passage way. As you stare deep inside, you see what looked to be some sort of faint light that you can barely make out.

Throndir

QuoteThe different level sections are the level adjustments. If you have enough exp to get to next level please roll your hit die either here, or in your Character sheet's thread. Also copy your old Character sheet, and paste it into a new reply in your Character's thread. Then add your skills/etc.

Exp from Sentry (CR3)
(Level 1 - 3s) 900/6 = 150
(Level 4 - Arian) 800/6 = 133.33 (Round up) 134
(Level 6 - Tebastion) 600/6 = 100

Exp from Cloaked Men (CR3 + CR3)
(Level 1 - 3s) (900+900)/6 = 300
(Level 4 - Arian) (800+800)/6 = 255.66 (Round up) 256
(Level 6 - Tebastion) (600+600)/6 = 200

Current Exp
Tebastion: 1792/3000
Ardeth: 1425/1000 - Level up available
Uthaal: 1930/3000
Arian: 1865/3000
Haru: 950/1000
Viran: 1900/3000

Spells/Abilities/Potions used since the day:
Uthaal
Entangle (Level 1 spell)
Produce Flame (level 1 spell)
Potion of Cure Light Wounds
Viran
Blood Spike (level 1 spell)
Tebastion
Smite Evil

Party HP
Tebastion: 19/33
Ardeth: 9/9
Uthaal: 11/17
Arian: 18/18
Haru: 2/8
Viran: 16/19

Potential Loot
Cloak
20 coins (from Sentry)
Black Short Sword (unidentified)
Black Dagger (unidentified)
Amulet (unidentified, eye symbol)
Thrown knives
Cloak
20 coins (from Cloaked Man 1)
Thrown knives
Cloak
20 coins (from Cloaked Man 2)
Thrown knives

Statistics fully updated.
Inventory fully updated.

Manzokushi

The conflict moved quickly and before long it had ended abruptly. With the end of the combat came a sense of weariness from the devastating blows received from his opponent. It was a small victory but with the enemies defeat, came a sense of accomplishment, as if they had moved one step closer towards their goal?his failure. These dark memories flickered around Haru just as crows circled over head awaiting the feast of flesh. How he found himself on the ground he was unsure.

The Uthaal was there tending his wounds with care and reassurance.  Once the tending had ended, Haru stood slowly relying on Uthaal for support at first. He turned towards his friend and brother in arms, ?Thank you Uthaal, I shall not hinder you or the others. Let us press forward below we should find our answers to all these mysteries and our lost brothers.?

The monk moved towards the entrance slowly taking note of the doorway and what lay below. It was time to finally take the fight to them. He whispered a soft prayer to Aerilus, ?protect them father from the storms in this time of calm, for soon the rage of thunder shall be upon them.? His eyes began to glow softly reflecting his pain and determination.

Throndir

QuoteBecause we lost two people in the RP. Ardeth, and perhaps Arian, as well as because of the fact we're restarting the Thank You points to a blank slate, I've decided to convert the previous TY points earned into exp. If you're able to level up roll your hit die on here or your character sheet. Then copy your character sheet, and repaste it with the additional skills/etc.

TY Points earned per Player
Teb: 47
Uthaal: 42
Arian: 30
Viran: 26
Haru: 12

Total TY Points: 157
157 ty points x 20 exp per point = 3140 exp
3140 exp/4 players = 785 exp per active player

Current Exp
Tebastion: 2577/3000
Ardeth: 1425/1000 - Level up available
Uthaal: 2715/3000
Arian: 1865/3000
Haru: 1735/1000 - Level up available
Viran: 2685/3000

Linwelin

Uthaal nods back at Haru, a welcoming smile on his face. Only his eyes betrayed his thoughts, their gaze dim, yet sharp, giving off a grim feeling. Though it was obvious the emotions were not toward the group, but our situation. After all these years...I finally have a chance at returning that lost harmony...we must not fail.

Upon reaching the door, Uthaal bows his head slightly, closing his eyes. "For the salvation of this land and all life within it, Hesp guide and protect us in our task..."

He rustles through his belt pouches while awaiting the others, taking note of his supplies.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

QuoteTaking over Ardeth (got permission) until I can drop her somewhere.

Ardeth didn't like that the cloaked men had appeared and confronted them. She had to wonder what had happened to the other Silver Arms that were supposed to be stationed there. She followed right behind Uthaal as she pondered on it. The dark magic she had felt earlier pointed towards the very entrance they were now descending, and she wondered if there would be more hints of what had happened in the town.

Hasabushi

Tebastion was glad to see Haru on his feet, his face seemed grateful for Uthaals attentions. Though the centaur had healed somewhat his body still ached as he ducked entering into the hut. His massive girth barely fit into the opening but with a bit of mental convincing he entered unobstructed....

Throndir

QuoteYou may do preparations before you head down. Feel free to do searches/spots. I will be forcing the story along tomorrow or Monday. Or tonight if I'm free enough.

Statistics fully updated.
Inventory fully updated.

Throndir

As the party ventures deeper into the tunnels, Haru notices the cultists up front, as well as what looked to be a pair of orc warriors. He had motioned the group to be quiet, and everyone sighed in relief as the orcs, apparently unaware, still haven't noticed their presence. Apparently, the commotion outside still haven't filtered its way underground, and the events that had just transpired were still unknown to those inside, but you knew it wouldn't be too long until those in the tunnels will be alerted.

There was a chill soft wind in the air, and you pulled your clothes closer around you as you wondered what would be the best course of action. Could one possibly fool those guards? Or should we instead charge headlong into a fight? Whatever choice that's decided upon, you knew it couldn't be taken back. After all, the element of surprise, at least for the moment, is on your side.

Linwelin

Uthaal kneels down quietly and Din'carak slithers out of his bag. Uthaal whispers, "Din, go peek around the corners to check if there's anyone else in this room. You shouldn't be seen, nor have any attention paid to you."

He waits for Din's return, nodding to his companions silently.

[blockquote]Din's Spot check 1d20+5 : 5 + 5, total 10[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Din's Listen check 1d20+5 : 15 + 5, total 20[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Din's Hide check 1d20+12 : 6 + 12, total 18[/blockquote]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

[blockquote]Din's Move Silently check 1d20+3 : 11 + 3, total 14[/blockquote]

Throndir

[blockquote]Opposing spot 1d20+2 : 14 + 2, total 16[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Opposing listen 1d20+2 : 10 + 2, total 12[/blockquote]

Throndir

QuoteThe original picture you used for your snake poofed. So I'm using a different one temporarily. Btw, forgot to mention that I'm going to use both Ardeth and Arian if they're not going to post. I have to find out how difficult this would be for the party then decide from there.

Spells/Abilities/Potions used since the day:
Uthaal
Entangle (Level 1 spell)
Potion of Cure Light Wounds
Viran
Blood Spike (level 1 spell)
Tebastion
Smite Evil

Party HP
Tebastion: 19/33
Ardeth: 18/18
Uthaal: 11/17
Arian: 18/18
Haru: 9/15
Viran: 16/19

Uthaal
You watch as the snake ventures out, slithering between the rocks and taking a peak at both corners. You sigh in relief as you realize that the snake was not caught, it was silent as it moved along and it was not seen by any of the cultists or the orc warriors. However you notice that there was something that caught the attention of the snake.

Linwelin

After figuring out what Din found, Uthaal reports to the group. "There's one more behind the corner to our right. I don't have many spells left after our last fight, so I'll stay back and provide ranged support. We should strike soon, before they manage to spot us." He then pats Din, who now sits at Uthaal's feet, also ready to act.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

QuoteForgot to note that each square is 5 ft rather than 3 ft from before.

"Of course some are hiding." Ardeth said dryly. But it wasn't unexpected, Ardeth thought, the tunnels did have crevices along the walls which were easy to hide into. But as she said so, she drew her longbow and knocked an arrow into it. She wasn't going to let the enemies get the upper hand; right now they had the element of surprise and it was something the mystic blade did not want to waste.

"Five versus six." Ardeth said, as much as a statement and as an observation. The odds were in their favor, but Ardeth knew this would have been their first serious fight together. She glanced at the others around her and wondered if they were, simply said, good enough. Her face impassive and serious, she pulled back on her bowstring, moving into position, waiting for the others to get ready, and for one of them to start the battle.

QuoteMove Ardeth 1 tile west.