[Jean/Rosalie] Chapter 12: Rescue Operation

Started by Throndir, April 13, 2019, 11:54:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oath

"You're not dying on us Amie!" Rosalie attempted to cast her spell again. "Divine Providence, have thy Shepard return the lost soul of Amie to the flock. She has wandered, but is not lost."

[info] Spellcraft check for untrained usage

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+30 : 18 + 30, total 48[/blockquote]
[/info]

Throndir

[okay]You gained a new title『Reviver』
You gained +1 WIS[/okay]
You watched as the bright light surrounding Amie continued to grow in a crescendo. Finally, as it reached its peak, this time the spell succeeded. You watched as the mortal wounds the little girl had on her head were repaired, though the minor wounds, cuts, and bruises were left. A moment later Amie's eyes shot open as she breathed in deeply, filling her now working lungs again.

"What..." She began. She blinked her eyes in shock as she stared at Rosalie. "I was... dead."

pringerbeam

Jean squinted his eyes at the seemingly blinding light.  Reflexively, he turned away held Ren closer and once again pulled Dalina into his embrace, this time trying to shield the two of them from the small explosion of the failed casting.  Before he could stifle it a slight hiss escaped from his lips as he felt the unbridled holy energy wash through the area.  He thought it probably hurt the other hero more or...  He muttered under his breath, hoping Dalina and the other hero hadn't taken notice.
[spoiler]This isn't good...[/spoiler]

He forced himself to turn back and watch the resurrection.  The holy light of the spell felt to him almost as blinding as the holy explosion before it.  "Well...  I got to say I didn't expect your spell to be so...  Explody...  It is effective though I guess."  He loosened his grip on Dalina but kept his hold of Ren firm, clutching her to his chest.

Oath

"You were, Amie, but you heard the speech. I told the knights that nobody would die, that includes you. It took a toll on me as well, but you're back with us." Rosalie pat the girl on the head before looking towards the sky. "Think we can help the guys up there?"

Throndir

Amie shook her head.

"Father had been working on a mechanical flying machine, but I don't think he got as far as making it fly." Amie's eyes widened a second later. "That's right... we have to get to him! The other villagers must have made it too." She said, but even just glancing around, there were bodies further in the distance of various villagers, which made Amie only grimace.

"H-how many died?"

Meanwhile the fighting above only continued. The knights kept to their defensive formation, striking out where they can, while the Wind Priests kept their offense.

pringerbeam

"Maybe."  Said Jean as he moved up next to the other hero's party.  "You could probably fly up there with your dragon, or use your magic from the ground but I'm a bit landlocked for now."  He looked up to the sky to gauge the battle that was raging above.  "I won't stop you from leading your troops but the priests don't really take my advice on anything so there isn't much for me to do."  He looked to the large mansion on the other side of town.  "So for now I think I'll head over to the mansion to see if anyone has survived this long.  Hopefully get the evacuation moving along.  If you would lead the way...  Uh I don't think I got your name."  He said looking to Amie

Oath

We haven't gone around the village yet, we were tending to you. But I can tell you that there are more survivors than there would have been if we didn't come at all. You did a good job, Amie." Rosalie looked up at the battle once more while Jean spoke.

"Looks like they might be able to handle the situation up there. We don't know if there are any hidden enemies about, or if there are any villagers that need medical attention so it might be best if I stay on the ground as well."

pringerbeam

"Sounds legit.  Onward!"  He reached down and picked up his spear and looked at it.  "Oh yeah.  Status.  Inventory."  He said, reminded of the updates he had got during the battle.  He started his stroll among the demon corpses towards the mansion with Ren in his arm, finally relaxing his grip on her and running a finger up her spine as danger faded from his primal senses.  "Dalina, I know you probably want to help your friends up above but I think you might be needed down here.  I won't force you to stay down on the ground but there might still be danger down here and the villagers might need your help."

Throndir

"Amie Eldricksen." The little girl introduced herself formally. "Thank you for coming with me, Mr. 'Jean Valois: hero extraordinaire'." She then glanced at Rosalie. "And umm... you too. For literally saving my life just now."

As the group started to head forward, everyone followed.

"Thanks for the concern Jean..." Dalina said. "I do want to help them, but you already know... My place is by your side."

Valeriya leaned over to Rosalie and whispered in her ear as she transformed her armor into something lighter. "They're all a bit lovey dovey..."

When Jean called out 《Status》, though Rosalie couldn't see it, the screen displayed for him.

[okay]Jean Valois
Herald of the Old Ones
Level 54

Condition: Badly Wounded, Drowsy

HP: 75/201
MP: 51/138
KP: 26/26
STR: 32 +
DEX: 20 +
CON: 39 +
INT: 21 +
WIS: 15 +
CHA: 15 +
MAG: 28 +

Blessings: Quick Learner, Mana Sensitivity, Translate All, Personal Status, Weight Control, Summon Tentacle, Inventory

You have 3 unspent ability points.[/okay]The moment Jean called out 《Inventory》, a new menu appeared. You didn't feel the pull of mana activating the blessing.

[okay]Inventory
Max Weight: 5,000 lbs | Max Capacity: 1,000 cubic ft.
Search: _______________________

Stored Objects:
<No Categories Created>
<None>
[/okay]

pringerbeam

"Oh, what's this?"  Jean said as he incremented some of his stats.  "Hmmm...  Do I just..."  He took the spear and tried sticking it into one of the pockets of his jerkin even though it clearly would not fit.

[info]Increasing INT, WIS, and MAG by 1[/info]

Throndir

The moment you had willed to store the spear away, even before placing it into your jerkin, the spear disappeared from your hands. Since you had the menu still open, you could see it. You noticed both the weight and capacity decreased.

[okay]Inventory
Max Weight: 4,616 lbs | Max Capacity: 999 cubic ft.

Stored Objects:
Typhoon Spear[/okay]

pringerbeam

"Oh now that is very useful."  He concentrated on taking his spear back out then put it back in a few times as they walked.  "Very useful indeed."  He ended on leaving it in his inventory and then looked to The Book that was hanging from his belt and willed it into his inventory.

Throndir

The moment you concentrated on taking the spear back out, only a fraction of a second for you to think the thought, it appeared in your hand again, and the familiar weight of the spear was back in your hands. The inventory screen updated too, going back to how it was before. Soon enough you put the spear and book into the inventory.

[okay]Inventory
Max Weight: 5,000 lbs | Max Capacity: 1,000 cubic ft. | Weight Remaining: | Capacity Remaining:

Stored Objects:
Typhoon Spear
Book of the Old Ones[/okay]

pringerbeam

"So tell me about your people Amie."  Jean said looking at the burning houses on either side of the main road through the village.  "You said your father was a fighter.  What else does he do?  Clearly with a mansion like that you've got to have some money."

Throndir

She nodded.

"The Eldricksen family are a long line of alchemists, it's said the beginnings of alchemy started from our family and a few others. The practice of the magic is a closely guarded secret, though there are others that can do it, just not as well as my family. We've been practicing the craft for many generations. My father completed many state-sponsored projects, and had a fleet of merchants too. Living here in Tathi though was just for us to get away from the city life. I was born here, and the other villagers... They're like family."