[Hanako] Chapter 11: Relationships

Started by Throndir, February 25, 2019, 03:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asta

While keeping an eye on the valkyrie, Hanako killed time making casual conversation with Minette. Nothing important, just small talk about anything and nothing.

[info]Requested roll:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 6 + 6, total 12[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

"Let's see... I like reading... Oh... Relaxing on a bed... Learning new things always excite me too, but... these days... I like you the most." Minette had said in your conversation.

QuoteInitiative requested

Asta

"Is that so?" Hanako replied, flushing a little.

[info]Initiative:
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+6 : 7 + 6, total 13[/info]

Throndir

Minette was about to respond, however, at that very moment, the sleeping girl had bolted out of her bed with one of her hands glowing. It was a purple-like glow. It was thick too, reminding you of something akin to miasma. If it was magic, it was something you had never seen any others use before. There was no incantation.

She moved extremely quick, and even though you had prepared to step out of the way, she managed to grab hold on to your arm, and it was then that you started to feel a sharp pain. It hurt like hell.

Minette gasped, as she too began to stand up.

QuoteHanako to roll Physical Resist save.

Turn Order
Valkyrie -> Hanako -> Minette

Rough Status
Hanako: Badly Wounded, Refreshed, ?, ?, ?
Minette: Uninjured, Refreshed
Valkyrie: Uninjured

[include u=2]Hanako DMG Taken: 17
Kari MP Used: 32[/include]

Asta

[info]Physical Resist:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 19 + 7, total 26[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

You felt a weakness start to run through you. But you managed to fight off against most of it. You still felt tired however.

[info]You have a fatigued condition. Pasting for my own reference and reminder.

Fatigued
A fatigued character can neither run nor charge and takes a –2 penalty to Strength and Dexterity. Doing anything that would normally cause fatigue causes the fatigued character to become exhausted. After 8 hours of complete rest, fatigued characters are no longer fatigued.[/info]
QuoteHanako to take their turn.

Turn Order
Valkyrie -> Hanako -> Minette

Rough Status
Hanako: Badly Wounded, Refreshed, Fatigued
Minette: Uninjured, Refreshed
Valkyrie: Uninjured

[include u=2]Hanako DMG Taken: 17
Kari MP Used: 32[/include]

Asta

Hanako winced as the valkyrie's grab hurt significantly more than one would assume. She tried hard not to cry out or show weakness, even as a sense of crushing fatigue washed over her.

The girl was every bit as dangerous as had been implied, and for a moment Hanako wondered if this had been the right call. However, nothing ventured, nothing gained. She pulled deep within, at some invisible reserve of strength that seemed to give her the strange powers she had been using recently, and looked the valkyrie dead in the eyes.

In a stern and voice, as free from anger or fear as she could manage she spoke a command: "ON YOUR KNEES, CALM YOURSELF, AND CEASE YOUR ATTACKS!"

[info]Using that Slavemancer blessing naturally, but also blowing a heroic action point to ensure my commands are followed or whatever you deem appropriate.[/info]

Throndir

QuoteGoing with the +5 to the DC effectiveness one, your total DC for that ability is now DC 34.

The moment you spoke your commands, you felt the slight pull of mana being drained from you, and shortly after that, the valkyrie's eyes glazed over.

Wordlessly, she dropped down to her knees in front of you.

Asta

Hanako let out a sigh, but didn't move. "Minette, healing, please. From anyone, I don't care who. Quickly." She said, without taking her eyes off the valkyrie.

Doing her best to remain standing, and praying silently to herself that the girl wouldn't just snap out of it and rip out her throat in the next second she leaned forward just a bit so her face was closer. "I know you can hear me, and I know you're aware of what you're doing. I know you don't want to be doing it, and I didn't want to make you. I need to to listen though, I am not your enemy. I just want to help. Please don't try and kill me."

Throndir

Minette quickly strode over to you.

"Soldiers!" Minette called out as some of the men, hearing the commotion peered in. "Get us a first aid kit. Hurry!" This was perhaps the first time you've ever heard Minette raise her voice or bark out orders.

Once they left, Minette focused on the wound.

"The Light attribute is rare, Hanako... none of us here can use healing magic. But the wounds... Is it just on your arm?"

QuoteThe damage was Profane damage, you could feel the pain through your body, though, the most was on the arm itself. Due to your successful save, you were only fatigued and suffered none of the other effects.

The valkyrie didn't move, and continued to kneel down in front of you. Though, from your earlier experiments with Trudy, you very well knew that the Valkyrie's mind, at least, was active, even if she couldn't control her own body.

Asta

"It's kind of all over, but I'm pretty sure it stems from my arm. It's quite painful. I'm pretty sure that I got really lucky because it seemed like whatever she did was meant to do more than just make me tired and cause pain." Hanako said, and could feel a light sweat forming on her forehead.

Fuck me, I'm pretty sure I almost just died there. Again.

She did her best to remain standing, and was still watching the valkyrie stare passively into space. She knew that behind the glazed over eyes the girl could see and hear everything that was going on, but was compelled by the command to sit there. Hanako was unsure how long that would last.

"I was really hoping I wouldn't have to do that..." Hanako said, a little mournfully. "I don't actually know the limits of that particular ability, so you know... Be ready to make a break for the door."

"Can you speak like that?" she asked the girl on the floor.

Throndir

Minette nodded.

"You can... command people like this... It's... useful." Minette said, as she looked towards the valkyrie.

The valkyrie didn't respond, and only kept kneeling.

Asta

"Yeah I imagine it will come in handy. I mean currently it is, of course."

She breathed deep, trying to steady herself post near death experience. Dying the first time hadn't been so bad, it was relatively quick and painless (she imagined). This time however, it would have probably been agonizing. The thought sent a quick shiver up her spine.

"When those soldiers get back with the first aid kit, can you send for Akime please. She seemed protective of this one when she first showed up, maybe having her here would have been a good choice in hindsight."

"You can speak, but remain as you are." she commanded the girl again, hoping that it would allow her to at least carry a conversation.

Throndir

Minette nodded, but otherwise listened in on the conversation. Once again you felt the slight pull of mana being drawn from you.

"I shalt speaketh." The valkyrie said in a very flat and monotone voice. It reminded you of when Trudy spoke when you had used the ability on her.

[include u=2]Hanako MP used: 5[/include]

Asta

Now were getting somewhere. Hanako thought.

"Ok, so I don't blame you for immediately trying to kill me after you woke up. If I were you, I probably would have done the same thing. I really, really didn't want to have to force you to be like... this either." she began, accentuating the word "this" with a wave of her hand.

"You didn't leave me much choice though, and though I left that collar on, it really would have defeated the purpose to have activated it. I don't bear you any ill will. Like I said before I want to help, but I also really don't want to die. Later on, when you're feeling a little less like murdering me and everyone else in the house I'll take that collar off."

I doubt it would have done much to stop her though... she thought.

"Do you uhh... understand that nobody here is trying to hurt you or anything?"