[Hanako] Chapter 10: Work Plans

Started by Throndir, January 19, 2019, 09:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

《Chapter 10: Work Plans》

One of the meeting rooms of the Klein estate was situated on the first floor, near the lobby. It was the same room that was used during your first visit from Sofia Leiningen. This was the one where you had the rest of your crew, Aldric, Minette, and Wendy, meet up in. Soon enough, the four of you sat around the table.

"Hanako! Glad you could swing by...  My first 'mission' was coming up soon later today, and I was afraid to go into... I'm glad you have Klein's accountant with you as well, I feel like I'd need to get an idea of all these deals that Klein had... I'm not much of a businessman, more of a showman, you see?"

"All... you need is... the proper information." Minette replied in her slow speech.

"So what exactly are we dealing in here? Darling Hanako?"

Asta

"Let's see, today was buying land for a third mining site and discussing the lumberwork rights for the new lumber mill that's to be built. I think Minette here has most of the details. I don't care much for the mine, but we do need to secure the sole rights to operate the lumber mill. I plan on using it as a staging ground for something else so we can't have outsiders snooping around."

Hanako opened up the floor to Minette to explain the ins and outs of the transactions and Klein's money, since she herself had a limited understanding of it herself. The most critical thing was making sure there was a private site that would serve as a front for moving slaves around with minimal suspicion.

Throndir

Date: Day 9 - 11 AM

Minette took the floor as she began to explain the details about Klein's business, assets, along with expectations of what was to come in terms of business dealings and plans for the future. Wendy continued to listen in as well, and she managed to pick up easily on what was being discussed, as she herself used to help run the money-lending and general goods store in the city. It was Aldric who had the most trouble uptaking everything, and he ended up asking a lot of questions to get clarifications on most of everything. He had brought a a notepad and a pen with him for the meeting, so he had started making his own notes as well.

"Alright... I think I got it. The main thing we want is to ensure that we have the full rights to the lumber mill we plan to setup."

"We have... a couple hours... Expect the Flensberg official to come at noon, or later..."

Asta

"Ok, I think we've got it down pretty good. We can go over it a few more times and then it's basically just waiting for them to show up. If things get weird, I have a way to set it right again but it would be best if I didn't have to." Hanako said, referring in an intentionally vague way to her ability to enslave the will of other people.

"Let's get this done right folks!"

Throndir

[okay]Hanako Okita
Chief Executive of Klein Company
Level 15

Condition: Uninjured, Refreshed

HP: 28/28
MP: 34/34
STR: 18
DEX: 22
CON: 18
INT: 22
WIS: 12
CHA: 12
MAG: 23

Blessings: Quick Learner, Mana Sensitivity, Translate All, Personal Status, Item Speaker, Slavemancer[/okay]Soon enough, right after lunch, one of the soldiers reported that a carriage was on its way here. You had already setup a number of slaves and soldiers who had volunteered to have their collars back on. Aldric and Minette, on the other hand, was going over the exact state of the finances. It wasn't likely that they would be needed, but Aldric wanted to have as much information down as much as possible.

"Presenting Herr Alwin Miller! Flensberg official." One of your soldiers said, as a man was ushered in. Aldric, as Klein, was already at the front. There was a man with blonde hair, flanked by 4 soldiers.

"Herr Klein I assume?"

"Yes... I've been expecting you. Glad you could make it here safely. Do make yourself comfortable." Aldric flashed him a toothy grin as he proceeded to make his way towards the meeting room.

Along the way, Aldric turned towards one of the slaves.

"You! Bring some refreshments for our guest. You had better be quick too." Aldric spat cold and roughly. The slave nodded, knowing the entire thing was a ruse.

"Yes, Herr Klein."

Alwin Miller glanced around everyone in the room, noticing you as well.

"Is she Isikawan? A rarity... I'm impressed Herr Klein." Alwin said his eyes looking towards you.

QuoteI'll post these as piecemeal, you can just let me know to keep going, to finish the scene if you have no planned actions

Asta

Hanako shifted her gaze away from the man named Alwin as soon as he looked at her, locking her eyes to the floor and doing her best to be unassuming as difficult as that was considering she was a "rarity".

Four guards. I could probably enslave them if I needed to. Probably just need one really to cause confusion.

She probably wouldn't have to. Things would probably be fine, but she was neurotic about expecting events to go every which way but right. She continued to stand nearby and listen to the proceedings.

Throndir

Aldric grinned again.

"Cost me a pretty penny too. But worth every bit." He winked at the man. Alwin seemed to have shivered a bit, and looked uncomfortable, but he chose not to say anything.

"To business shall we?" Aldric offered.

"Of course..." Alwin said as he pulled out what looked to be a notebook, leafing through it a bit and reading some entries.

"It looks like you'll be wanting to buy some more land, for a new mining operation near Flensberg? And looks like we are to discuss some potential trade for the lumberyard rights in the existing land you have over there. Correct?"

"That is correct."

"Great. A couple of companies based in Flenbserg are interested in the deal as well. I have a list of them with me if you'd like to review it."

"No, that's alright." Aldric said.

The official scrunched up his eyebrows in confusion.

"Wasn't this one of the reasons I came?"

Throndir

"Yes... well... Change of plans you see? The new lumberyard that we plan will be solely under the Klein Company."

[blockquote]Aldric Bluff 1d20+13 : 13 + 13, total 26[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Alwin Sense Motive 1d20+9 : 13 + 9, total 22[/blockquote]

Throndir

"I see... Well, it is indeed your decision and choice to do so. It is your land after all. Can I ask what made this change? From our previous dealings, it seemed that you were excited with the prospect of selling out the lumberyard rights, much like you do currently with your own mining sites here in Elstergen."

"I believe that my company can make better use of the lumberyard rights... If we are expanding to Flensberg, then as my first foray into the city, I would much prefer having more control of the supply and demand that we create. I plan to be filling up the capacity of slaves soon for that lumbermill. Though... Do tell your client that perhaps in the future, I'd be willing to lease out the rights."

"Very well... Alright, are you still proceeding with the purchase of the land for your third mining site?"

"No..."

"Plans changed?"

This dice roll has been tampered with!
Aldric Bluff 1d20+13 : 7 + 13, total 20
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Alwin Sense Motive 1d20+9 : 10 + 9, total 19

Throndir

"Yes, plans have changed."

"I thought you were planning to expand to Flensburg? Would not having a mining site be beneficial? I had assumed that you would be attempting to find a warehouse to place a foundry next as well in the city... At the very least, that was what I was lead to believe."

"Well..."

You noticed Aldric make eye contact with you.

Asta

When Aldric made eye contact with her, Hanako realized that perhaps abandoning the mine might have been a bit of a stretch. She had hoped to save the money but in the end the most important thing was maintaining the illusion that everything was business as usual with Klein and his company. She needed to say something...

"Master... If you'll permit me to say so..." she began, tone a mix of meekness and cold servitude much like a butler. "Though you had intended to save yourself the expense, it may be profitable in the long run to continue with the purchase after all. Though that is just my lowly opinion. Your humble servant could show you the figures, if it please you." she finished, motioning to Minette and giving a polite and reverent bow to Aldric.

Throndir

Feigning irritation, Aldric spoke.

"Master, the mines alone will bring us the markets of Flens-"

"Silence!" Aldric cut her off. "Do not presume to know my business dealings... I had thought savings from skipping buying this mining site, would help me focus better on the lumber mill... But yes, including that will indeed give us a much needed foothold in Flensberg..."

"Very well Herr Miller, we shall proceed with the purchase of the land."

"Great, I'm happy to hear. For that too, I have been approached by a couple of Flensberg mining operations who would be interested... But we can save that for another time. I've brought the required documentation for our city. The purchase of land of the new mining site. Along with potential contracts, and a list of buyers for the lumberyard rights... But, since you are no longer selling those, we can skip that. Some of my clients would be dismayed, but I suppose that's how business work." He began to pull out a bunch of documents.

"Here are paperwork detailing out the land, your rights, and restrictions on the property. In association with our government. I'll give you some minutes to read it... Take your time. Once you finish however, go ahead and sign the last page."

When he mentioned sign, you saw Aldric flash an eye towards you very briefly.

"I see... Well... Let me go through this then..." Aldric said, as he began to reach for the papers.

Asta

Fuck I should have spent some time teaching him Klein's signature... Hanako thought, irritated.

Aldric obviously couldn't act his way out of this one, so something else would need to happen to stall for time allowing Hanako the ability to sign the papers herself. She looked around the room quickly, searching for any way to make a distraction or delay the signing of the papers. After a moment, she saw it.

"Klein's" teacup, was looking perilously empty, and any good attendant would want to make sure her master's cup was always full. It goes without saying then, that Hanako stepped forward while Aldric was reviewing the papers and picked up the pot of steaming hot tea. She very gingerly began to pour it into his cup, when wouldn't you know it... her clumsy hands happened to drop the teapot on the table spilling tea over the documents.

She gasped and dropped to the floor in a perfect dogeza, forehead smashed into the floor. "Oh no! M-master I am SO sorry! I-I-I simply saw your c-cup was empty and needed refilling! Please, please I beg your forgiveness!"

With luck, Aldric would offer to hold on to the wet papers and sign them when dry, returning them via courier at a later date.

Throndir

"You clumsy bitch!" Aldric roared, standing up, his eyes were angry, and the man himself seemed to purposefully exhort himself, forcing his face to turn red in anger.

Alwin Miller grimaced as he quickly reached over to grab the papers, and try to salvage as much as he can.

"I didn't think to bring any spares of these documents..." He finally said. He frowned when he noticed the final page, being on the bottom, managed to soak up most of the spilled tea.

Even the Flensberg official glared at you.

"And to think Isikawan slaves are prized for their dexterity, much like their warriors..." He looked annoyed. "Are you not going to punish her?" He continued as he stared at the collar around your neck.

"You're one of the few nobles who spends extra on magical collars, no?"

Asta

Ugh... what an asshole.

Hanako thought activated her collar, medium setting for realism and braced for the pain.