[Jean] Chapter 10: Ceremony

Started by Throndir, January 01, 2019, 05:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pringerbeam

"Well I guess that means we go our separate ways.  Good luck Anja." Jean looked at Ren.  "I'll be back soon hopefully.  Don't cause too much mischief Ren."  Jean then headed off into the woods to start his search.

[info]Heading to first look at the edge of the lake.[/info]

Throndir

You make your way to the lake.

The lake itself was fairly large, it was situated at the center of the island. There was another floating island hovering higher above, and from there a waterfall would pour down, with the stream finally leading to the lake that you saw before you. There were a couple of inlets, and you also knew there were smaller ponds throughout the forest.

QuoteLet me know if you do any specific actions. Otherwise roll perception/

pringerbeam

Jean wades into the lake and goes through the reeds that line its shore, trying to see if he can find an egg hidden there.  While doing so he looks up to the floating island, noticing how its water falls down to the lake.   "Hmmm... maybe..." finishes his circuit around the lake.

[info]Perception Check[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+9 : 2 + 9, total 11[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

Date: Day 3 - 9 AM

As you look around you, you are not able to find any egg.

pringerbeam

Jean finishes his search of the lakeside and looks up once again at the island floating overhead.  "Well...  Might be pushing it but hopefully this works...  Summon Tentacle!" 

[info]Summoning a 200 foot tentacle to get up to the island.[/info]

Throndir

All of a sudden a large purple glowing circle appeared before you, from that, the largest tentacle you had ever summoned appeared. Towering over 200 ft. into the air, it was a sight to behold. Using the ability was draining, but surprisingly, not as draining as you thought it would be.

[include u=2]Jean MP Used: 10[/include]

pringerbeam

"Excellent..."  Said Jean to the tentacle.  He had it wrap around his waist and lift him up to the the island above, setting him down on the first available ledge so he could take stock of his new surroundings.

[info]Perception check (assuming its needed)[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+9 : 17 + 9, total 26[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

You managed to get a good look around the area when your giant tentacle lifted you up to the top with ease. Much like the bottom, this too had many trees and foliage. The source of the water itself, seemed to come from a jet of water. It was much like a geyser, though, where it's actual water source was, it was hard to tell.

Apart from that, you noticed a cave entrance beyond it. It looked man-made, as the entrance was visibly noticeable.

pringerbeam

"Well hello there...  What have we here?" Said Jean as he saw the cave.  "Maybe a roost?  Only one way to find out."  He headed into the cave, keeping an eye out for any eggs.

[info]Perception check (assuming its needed)[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+9 : 15 + 9, total 24[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

The cavern was damp, and you heard the sound of water as well coming from within. Stepping into it, it became strangely quiet. Almost as if someone had placed some sort of soundproofing in the cavern from the rushing of water from the geyser outside. When you looked around, there as a green glow coming from inside the cavern.

It came from a structure deeper in.

pringerbeam

Jean walked down the damp stone passage.   "Nothing in here but what you bring with you I guess..."  Emerging into the larger cavern he looked at the glowing structure up ahead.  "Or... That..."  He looked around on the off chance there might be an egg sitting nearby then shrugged.  "Might as well..."  He said before making his way towards the glowing structure.

Throndir

Around the cavern you didn't find any eggs, but it wasn't until that you reached the glowing structure that you did find one. It was placed right at the source of the light, which you found out came from what looked like brightly glowing crystals.

The egg itself had a slight green glow to it. You didn't have any other eggs to compare this to however.

pringerbeam

Jean walked past the egg and up to one of the glowing crystals and tapped it with his finger.  "Hmm...  Might not be bright enough on its own but could be a nice light source."  He gripped a fist sized chunk of crystal and tried to break it off.  He then turned around and walked up to the egg.  "Well...  It's an egg so...  I assume fair game?"  He looked around as if to make sure that none in the empty cave were around and then scooped up the egg into the crook of his arm.  "Well challenge completed I guess?  That seemed... Too easy...  I mean I guess its a test for grade schoolers but still..."  He remarked to himself as he started heading out of the cave.

[info]Strength check to break off the crystal.[/info]

Throndir

QuoteAssuming you are taking 20 to break it off.

You began to pull and break off a large part of the crystal. It was difficult, but with your new-found strength since your summoning, you managed to break a piece off cleanly. It was still glowing as you took it along. The egg too continued to glow brightly.

You potentially expected something to happen, but there was nothing out of the ordinary.

pringerbeam

Holding the crystal aloft for some additional light Jean made his way out of the cave and back to the edge of the island and his awaiting tentacle to descend back down to the grounds of the test and back to the priest.  "I wonder how Anja is doing...  Come to think of it, I never got that priest's name...  Should probably figure out who they are since they seem so important."