Jaiken

Started by Kazamatta, April 22, 2012, 10:07:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kazamatta

\[spoiler]     This is the story of Jaiken. He is a Elf Mystic Blade who has, since his childhood strived to be the best in all he attempts. Several years he traveled and trained at different academies learning the Mystic ways. After about 15 years of training under several teachers he went off on his own to hone his skills away from all civilization.

"Why are you gonna leave to pursue such a dream? What is the meaning of this?", Jaiken's father Katimer Taldderas asked. Jaiken looked up his father, seeing he was confused with what he chosen to do. "Father, it is my decision to leave not because of you nor because the recent death of my mother, but simply because I wanna protect the lands and all their inhabitants. There is too much sorrow and pain, to much killing and I refuse to let anyone who I get close to die ever again.", Jaiken said. His father was worried that if his son left on his own, with him being so young, he might not ever return. Though he did know he couldn't stop him, and if he tried Jaiken would find a way to leave. So he did what any knowledgeable father would. He hugged his son and said, "Come let me pack you a few things before you leave. I don't want you to go, but I know I can't stop you." Jaiken was surprised as his fathers response, smiled the said, "OK, lets go but I am leaving as soon as we are done."

His father handed him a bag and had a look upon his face showing he was trying to hold back the tears from the thoughts of his son never returning. He didn't say a word, just turned and walked away. Jaiken stood there, expecting some form of plea from his father again to stay. There was nothing though, nothing said, and so he left. After exiting the village he paused for a moment and looked back. It's a beautiful place with high trees, wooden houses cobblestone walkways and crystals all around. He turned and walked out of site his home ready to begin his journey to become a Mystic Blade.

After fifteen days of travel he comes across a small village. It only has a few houses in the center with a sparkiling stream running along the right side. I should stop here and take a good days rest also i need more food. "This is going to be a long journey and I need to keep myself in good health to be able to continue on." Upon entering the town an old man, looks to be human, walks up to him and says, "Greetings child why are you out alone? Are you lost?" Jaiken smiles and says, "No kind sir I am venturing out to become a Mystic Bladesman I require a shelter and some food is there any way I can recieve that here in this town?" The man says, "Yes, I am Zekial I own that house right over there and am the one who started the fine village for me and my family. Come now dear boy let me get you cleaned up."

I followed him inside for I had no feeling that anything bad would happen here, and none did. He let me wash up packed me with food and called for his son, an expert blacksmith. He told him to bring a shortsword. His son left and returned shortly with one in hand and gave it to his father, who then handed it to me. He said my boy it is dangerous in these woods please take this sword with you as defense. I did so and he showed me where I will be sleeping. After a few hours he called me down and gave me food and water. i then asked to be excused and said i would like to rest before I have to leave. He nodded his head and said do as you must. the next morning I awoke and and thanked him appropriately then headed back into the woods, headed north. Back to my long journey ahead.

All there is to do on this journey is think about whats ahead and what has passed. As Jaiken walk his mind drifts into thought about what made me set out.
     The Mystic Blades is a organization formed only 20 standard years ago, 5 years before I was born. Originally the few academies there were could only be found in Eldorina, but recenty one has risen here in Takard. I have only heard rumors of this place from travelers that have passed through my village. they have said it is located at the point where Takard ends in the north. The place where it is barren and nobody dares go for the dangers are high surrounding it. (I guess that's why they built one there. It would be perfect for training and hiding from most.) It's said that it would take about three months travel to get there. I then think about one months time has passed since I first left. when I arrive I will not take no for an answer to train. I have heard it's hard and rare that one is accepted to train with them without being offered, but after this journey i refuse to be turned away.

Time seems to pass slow as I know I am nearing where I set out to find. It has been almost three months. I have been to many places along the way. Have met many kind people and now I know that this secret academy must be near. Wait...whats that sound...I stop and look around. Suddenly a wolf jumps from behind the bushes and charges Jaiken. The wolf jumps at him. He draws his sword and swings at the wolf. He makes contact and the wolf howls as it falls limp to the ground.Three more come. He backs up sword in hand three reddish orange orbs come flying from behind him instantly killing the wolves.

He turns around and three armored figures appear from behind some trees and bushes. One, the tallest and largest of the three, ask's Jaiken if he's alright. He says, "Yes. Thank you, but who are you?" The three take off their helmets and he sees, the one who spoke to him is a male Human, ones a female Elf, and the other seems to be a male Half-Elf. The Elf says, "We are Mystic Blade Trainers and if you don't mind our asking why are you in such a dangerous area boy?" He said "I am Jaiken Taldderas. I actually came in search of the Mystic Blade Academy here in this land to undergo training." They three stare at him for a moment then one says, " Are you sure this is what you want? If so then follow us." Jaiken puts his sword away, picks up his bag, then follows behind them. Nobody speaks until they came to a large wood and stone building. Then one said, "We are here."

The Human said, "I am Talyn Dande, a Human from the land of Eldorina. I am the weapons combat instructor here at the academy." The Elf said, "I am Mirana Texaguara, a Elf from the a vilage in Eldorina. I am the academic instructor." The Half-Elf then spoke and said, "I am Masaku Nagura, a Half-Elf from Eldoriina. i am the magic instructor here at this academy." Talyn then said if you wish to become a Mystic Blade we will train you but you must swear to give it all you got. Jaiken stood there for a moment then said I am Jaiken Taladderas from the village Tamile far south of here. I have travelled almost 3 months to reach this place I will not turn away now nor will I refuse to do anything that I must to become a Mystic Bladesman. The three smiled at him then said OK llets go inside and show you to your quarters.

After being brought inside and putting your bag away in your room you followed them as they showed you around your new home. They showed you the training grounds and the classroom. You see others training and studying as you were showed around. All looked of full adulthood and stared at you as you passed. Probably wondering what somebody so young is doing here. Soon you are brought to the dinning hall to eat dinner with everybody and Mirana walks up to you and says, " Tomorrow at the time when the sun rises you will begin your first day of training.

The next morning you are woken up by the sound of a loud bell ringing. you jump out of bed and get dressed. One student walks up and puts his hand out. You shake his hand and he says, " I am Ajaka follow me I will show where you mus go first. You nod and follow him to the training grounds. Talyn is standing at the door and says, "Good, you are here. Thank you Ajaka. Ajaka is our newest student he arrived one week ago since ya'll are both new I will ask that ya'll be training partners for the time. You agree and Ajaka  says that's great and smiles at you. You follow Talyn and the others too four racks lined up one next to the other. There is wooden swords lined across each. You do as everyone is and take one off. You and Ajaka are led to a area surrounded by a large white circle. the others all go to different circles in groups of two also.

Talyn says, " Now pay attention to the moves I am going to show you. He picks up a sword and calls a student over. They ready their weapons and slowly do a few maneuvers, two slashing and some blocking. Talyn looks over and says OK now begin. You and Ajaka ready as showed and begin. After a few hours of training ya'll are told it's time for breakfast. Ajaka walks with you and you talk about whats to come after the meal. he says, "He says it will be magic training and then lunch after that will be academics. afterwards is dinner then two hours relax time where you can do as you please before it's lights out. After eating you are led to a large room there is a door on the other side that leads to the spell grounds.

Inside the room you see Masaku he says, "Here you will learn to unleash and control your mana. Before I can teach you spells you must learn to control your mana and how to use it. Mana is inside every being that lives but without learning to control it then you will never understand how to use it. What you are to do is meditate and focus on looking deep withing, feeling the energy from all around you then turn that into magical power, your mana." He points to an area near the back of the room and says watch me. He sits on the floor cross legged with one hand resting on each knee. He says, "Sit like this and block out all sounds around you and all thoughts in your mind. Focus only on connecting with the energy surrounding you." You do as he said and feel yourself going into some type of trance. thoughts try to pass into your mind but push them away. Soon you hear nothing, all sounds dissapear. You feel a strange energy its warm and flows through your body, you feel a similar energy surrounding you. You begin to understand what you was told about mana and the energy inside and around you.

You concentration and focus suddenly broken as  Masaku tells you the lesson is over, its time for lunch. You and Ajaka go to the dining hall and quickly finish your meal. You are then brought to the academics room where Mirana is she smiles and tells you to go have a seat. She tells you the history of the Mystic Blades. How they started in Eldorina and how most are in militarized forces now. How some have gone with adventuring parties. She tells of all how most that start never graduate, and how its an honor to even be accepted into an academy. She continues on about the history and you never take your focus away from what is being said. You give all attention and take in everything being spoken of. You wonder if you will finish and graduate, but quickly push the thought out of your mind, "I will finish training, I will graduate and then I will protect those in need." Mirana finishes speaking then said, "It's time for dinner I will see you tomorrow." As before you and Ajaka walk to dining hall and eat dinner.

After finishing you head to your quarters Ajaka asked what you would like to do. You sop and think for a moment then say, "Meditate, I wanna awaken this power fully and be able to learn spells. Would you like to come with me to the Meditation room near the spell grounds?" He smiles and says, "Sure i would like to learn as soon also." Ya'll walk to the room and open the door. Musaku looks at you and says, "Yes, Jaiken and Ajaka what is it." You simply say, "Nothing we just wanted to come here to meditate some more." He smiles and says, "Fine with me do as  you wish." You are brought out of your meditation state and told it is time for bed. You nod your head then you and Ajaka head to your quarters.
Fifteen years of combat training, meditation, spell casting and learning about all different people, creatures and places the day is nearing. he day of graduation. You have been to several academies across the lands, but have come full circle back to the one one you originally started at. You wondered if this day would ever come and it has. Upon arrival back at this place which you have all but forgotten you are welcomed by friendly faces.

You walk through the doors you left through only after five years of being behind. You see Ajaka as soon as you enter. he gets a wide smile and walks up and shakes you hand. He says, "It's been a long time Jaiken. How have you been?" You stand and talk with him for a few minutes and then Talyn, Masaku and Mirana are come around the corner headed towards the dining hall. They stop when they see you and all three smile and say welcome back. You follow them and Ajaka to the dining hall and eat with them. Tomorrow is graduation. You will receive your title as a full member of the Mystic Blades.

You sleep that night and wake up early. You head to the Training grounds which have been cleared for graduation day. There is twenty of ya'll standing there and Talyn says, "As I am the head instructor here at this academy I now pronounce you all as fully fledged members of The Mystic Blades. It has been a long road and there was many hardships. Many have started but you few have finished. I congratulate each and every one of you, and am proud to have such fine men and women in our ranks. There is nothing more we can show you. You all must now go and find your own destiny. We wish you the best of luck and if you ever wish to come here to visit and talk to newer members you are more than welcome to. I have never seen such powerful motivation in any before until now. Congratulations, as you are the first graduating class of this academy. I hope your futures shine bright and you find what makes the best life for you. You are dismissed Mystic Blades. Go now and find your path, your calling.

You tell everyone good bye as you leave and head out on your own. You head south to the village where you grew up. You head to see your father and tell him of your accomplishments. You want to tell him of what you went through to get to the academy, the time it took, the places you been and the people you met. You want to let him know about the good times and bad times during training. About all the academies you've been to. You want to tell it all. So you stay heading south wondering if now that you older and can protect yourself if this journey will go faster.

After about a days walk to shadowy figures appear in front Jaiken. They speak in language he hasn't heard before. He knows that there can only be two reasons on why they have appeared. One they are friendly and have come to tell him something, can't think of what it would be about though. Or two they are here and will attack. He speaks to them and says, "Why have you appeared in front me? For what reason have you come? They speak again, but this time its in a language Jaiken understands. The first one says, "We have come to kill you young Mystic Blade. Your kind is dying you have not enough to take on all the shadow kinds. We will destroy ya'll one by one." The other laughs an evil sound as his fellow shadow finished. Jaiken steps back ready for an attack and they charge. Jaiken reacts.

He casts a fireball at one, it makes contact and it falls to the ground. The other steps back for a moment and the one you attacked stands back up laughing. He says, "You'll have to do better than that if you wish to defeat us. Jaiken closes his eyes for a second feeling the energy from the nature around him. One says, " What are doing? Do you just want us to kill you without you even attempting to fight back(Laughs)." He opens his eyes looks at the one he attacked before then attack again. AAHHYYAA, a huge bolt of blinding light emerges from his hands and makes contact. The shadow once again falls to the ground and disappears. You beat it. You now no their weakness.

The other screams in anger. He says, "You has killed one of my brethren. You will pay for your ignorance, for taking on the shadows." It backs up, Jaiken ready another attack. He says, "I will be back and you will not prevail." Jaiken laughs and says, "The Mystic Blades are far from a dying kind we are the ones who protect all for we are the best. If you wish to challenge me then do it now and I shall kill you also. If not then go grab all the shadows you wish to. All will fall to the superior power of a Mystic Blade."

After he disappears you stand there for a moment wondering what was the point of attacking you. You shake off the thought and continue back home. Back to see your father.

After about nine weeks of travel you arrrive back at your village. At least were it suppose to be. You saw the markings on some of the trees that you did. You know your in the right place but all you see is ruins. Wait...this can't be....my village......it's...it's....it's gone. Who would've done this. We never harmed anybody. Jaiken looks among the ruins for some clue to what may have done this. He then see a ash-like residue on what use to be the main path through his village.He remembers this ash from one what was left after killing one of those shadow creatures before.

Jaiken stands, screams in anger, then says," Hear me all creatures of the dark, creatures of shadow. Man and beast alike. You shall pay for what you have done to my people. What you have done to my family. I vow to destroy all of your kind, I will hunt you to the ends of the world, slaughtering all in my path." He hears that laugh again from before and turns in the direction of the sound. He stands ready for whatever or whoever may be waiting.

He see's a group of those shadow kind again and says, "Before I kill you tell me what yall are."One says, "we are the Brotherhood of the Damnded. We are cursed to walk among this planet and never be at peace, for our actions in life was that of great evil. Now that I have told you who we are it is time for you to die." Jaiken laughs and says, " Try your best but in the end I believe I will prevail. I will show you no mercy for what you have done on this here holy ground."

Jaiken draws his sword holding it in his right hand and builds a fireball in his left. Throws the ball of fire at the center most figure and charges them to finish of the rest of the group. The Damnded react and separate forming a circle around him. He stops, puts away his sword and yells, "Come on. Lets see who wins." Two charge him and he reacts with a fireball to the head on each. Dropping their shadowy bodies to the ground which then turn to ash. Afterwards he draws his sword and charges a group of 3 behind him. Each of the 3 pull out black swords that where very oddly shaped and charge at him. He blocks the first. Strikes the second. Turns and slashes another while dodging an attack from one. Then thrusts his sword through the other. All three fall.

He remembers training at the academy with multiple students. Where he would go against all of them honing his battle skills to where he can survive in 1v1 combat or even when he is out numbered. He has killed six already but counts at least 15 more. Knowing he has never taken on more than ten people at once he doesn't know how this will turn out. All of a sudden he sees three blazing balls of fire come from the tree line and strike down three of  the figures. The figures turn towards where the attack came from and Jaiken uses this time to take out two more. Three more balls come and strike three more. Jaiken cast two balls at two more then strikes another with his sword. Just as he strikes another three balls hit the last three figures and Jaiken feels
exhausted from having to fight and having to do that long trip before it.

He then turn to the treeline and sees Talyn, Mirana and Masaku walk towards him. Jaikens shakes his head and says, "Once again you have saved me, but why were you following me?" Talyn says, " A day after you left the academy we were attacked by hundrends of these Shadow things. We were the only ones to make it out and headed your way hoping you would aid us." Jaiken looks at them and says, "They are part of a group called The Brotherhood of the Damnded from what one told me. They seek to kill the Mystic Blades. Their reason I do not know, but they destroyed my village murdered my family and friends. So yes I will join you to destroy them all."

"There is only one place that such creatures could survive. The Pit of Doom, a place that is the lowest part of this land and tainted by evil for who knows how long. It's said that the God of the Dead Necrotormenta once lived there until the 5 Heros of Light banished him for currupting the land." Jaiken said to the others. They looked at him and then looked at eachother, wondering if they should make this journey to this evil place. All agreed and the four gathered what supplies and food wasnt destroyed when the village was attacked and each filled a bag with water from the nearby stream. The set camp at the village and rested for the night. In early morning right when the sun was rising the four set off to destroy these creatures once and for all.

**More to come soon.**[/spoiler]