Semifinals: Nyuko

Started by Nyuko Nyun, May 06, 2016, 11:16:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nyuko Nyun

A blur of brown, black, and yellow dashed forward, claw-like swords protruding from his sleeves and arms. In mere moments, it sped towards a couple of training dummies lined up neatly in a row. Quick slashes and jabs soon covered the dummies, as streaks of electricity and cold chill occasionally exploded. The blue continued to move to and fro between them, never missing a beat in its relentless assault. Nyuko increased his momentum, grabbing both of his weapons and spinning around in an almost-graceful dance, as his blades continually hit their mark.

So intent was he on his movements and training that he didn't realize a particular onlooker on that morning day of the tournament's semifinals.

Annia Siadon

The knight let out a low whistle, just enough so that her fellow guild member could here. It was still early in the morning, and Annia had already been up to prepare for her daily training routine. Her usual partner, Golas, wasn't around this morning due to some other obligations, but the knight was surprised that the young Nyuko would wake up so early to train. She always thought Nyuko was fiesty, the catboy had enough energy to upkeep his liveliness throughout the entire day. However, more often than not Annia would usually never see him up this early.

She clapped calmly when she realized that she had caught Nyuko's attention.

"You're up early today." She stated.
Better a truth to be told openly, than lies spun to mask it.

Nyuko Nyun

The catboy blinked a couple times as he slowed his movements and finally stopped altogether to face the fully-armored knight. He grinned a toothy grin as he scratched the back of his head.

"It's a big day today-nya!" Nyuko said excitedly. "I'm not sure who we're fighting up against-nyun, butnya its the semifinalsya."

Annia Siadon

"For one so young, you have a lot of skill Nyuko." She made her way to the training dummies, examining the attack marks that Nyuko had left on them.

"Your cuts are clean and sharp." She furrowed her eyebrows as she examined the slight scorches and bits of ice left on the dummies. The knight glanced back to him for an explanation.

"I never realized your weapons were enchanted."

Nyuko Nyun

That comment made the catboy grin even wider as he pulled out his two swords again.

"My sister and I are royal guards back in our homeland-nya." He proceeded with showing the weapons to Annia. They were both scimitars, though what made them unique was the way they attached themselves to Nyuko's arms with a set of mechanical-workings to have the blades retract and extend when needed. Nyuko had called them claws, but to be more specific, they were more like one large claw.

The weapons were well-made, pristine even. Nyuko then spoke a command work and within moments his first weapon began to glow white and blue, as bits of frost covered the blade. His other weapon began to sparkle in streaks of electricity as it bounced from one section of the metal to the other.

"I had Katrias enchant them yesterday-nyun." Nyuko explained  as he playfully twirled a full circle, and stopping in a pose with one sword reached out on one side, and his other weapon reaching out behind him.

Annia Siadon

In response Annia pulled out her blade as well.

"You'll be up against some of the strongest in the guild. It will be no easy feat." Annia said calmly as she moved herself to a fighting stance. She had a slight smile.

"You won't gain as much from sparring with dummies."