[Shadowrun] Chapter 1 - An Unexpected Request

Started by Oath, January 18, 2016, 01:35:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

Zephyr couldn't help but laugh a hollow laugh. "I seem to have you guys involved in a bit of quicksand. I'm sorry about that and I promise to make this work but lets handle this calmly and look at the facts. Not every blood mage is owned by Aztechnology even if they are looking for that data. So long as that datachip stays off the grid and we keep our head down they won't be able to find us for quite some time. That means our next step needs to be building relationships. Body and Soul! We are fragging shadowrunners for godsakes if we do enough jobs and earn enough favors then we can get to the bottom of this nest of vipers." Zephyr pulled a cocky smile, "So first we need to get a fixer. If we can get a broker to act as a go between we have that much more protection."

He made it sound simple but he knew finding a fixer who was willing to deal with a rag tag group like theirs would not be easy. What's more it would be better if they weren't directly affiliated with any gang or organization. If they were looking to take as diverse of jobs as possible it meant that they could not have preconceived alliances. Otherwise whoever was tracking the data might have an easier time following their path and habits.

"I think I might know a guy who could work as an independent fixer." Zephyr obviously didn't like the idea of using this person but he continued regardless. "He's supposed to be extremely through and well connected but keeps only a few runners on hand at a time. I've never met him personally, but I heard he hangs out at this bar The guild somewhere in downtown. I might be able to get us a meeting if we're lucky."

Oath

[spoiler=click for music]
http://youtube.com/v/qh1jmWhAot8&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

Zephyr was right, it would be foolish to charge at a megacorp head long. Of course, you didn't need him to tell you that, it was common knowledge. However, earning favors that you could call in at a later date was always a smart idea. Nuyen might be nice, but favors make the world go 'round. Before anyone had a chance to respond to Zephyr's speech, there were a few taps on the door, and then a Japanese man in a suit walked in with a smile on his face. "Sorry to break up your pow-wow here, my friends, but you're just the people I need to talk to." It was Shinji Konoe. A lieutenant in the local Yakuza, and the man in charge of Negi's.

He turned to take a quick survey of who was here. Machiavelli, Firecracker and... A new guy? He gave Zephyr a friendly wave "Not every day a new face wanders into Negi's. Well, this part of it at least. You're in good company here, especially if you're friends with these two." He sat down on one of the sofas, drink in hand. "Now I hate to bother you lovely fellows with a bit of a scuffle between my group and some crazy base-heads that are trying to sell some poorly made product, but currently most of my men are a bit tied up. There's some cash in it for you guys, if you're willing. He fanned out some credsticks. "A smooth 3000 Nuyen each. All you guys have gotta do is send these little drug addled junkies a message. The kind of message that will stop them from pushing their garbage in our neck of the woods. Simple, right? Are you guys up for it?" He smiled at each of the runners in the room before taking a swig from his drink.

pringerbeam

"Well you know me Shinji: anything for some quick cash.  I have my eye on some new chrome."  Roland stood up and stretched. 

Mysticsage

"As long as you don't call it a Milk Run its bad luck." smiled Zephyr, "So what can you  tell us about these guys? Do they have a hangout somewhere in the area or a street corner they use? And what do you know about who they are getting their product from? It won't do much to stop them if more punks are sent soon after." Zephyr quickly went into business mode. On runs it was normally his job to handle the Johnsons and price negotiation. A job like this should be simple, but he knew better then to just blindly go into a job unprepared. Especially since more often then not jobs that felt easy often had a hidden pitfall.

"And What where you thinking about payment because, any group willing or stupid enough to get on yakuza turf should be treated with care. And working to make sure that there will not be any extra heat from the Knights, not to mention who ever is funding them will not be easy. I very much doubt they are just kids making it up in their basement. Following the trail all the way through is what you want."

[info]
Negation check to haggle out any possible bonus payment
[blockquote]Rolled 11d6 : 5, 1, 6, 4, 4, 3, 3, 2, 5, 6, 1, total 40[/blockquote]

[/info]

Oath

http://youtube.com/v/d30_TgPiBDM&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

Shinji let out a smile. Nobody would ever call this a milk run. And don't worry, I can assure you that local law enforcement won't really care if these guys disappear, if anything it makes their job easier. They're not affiliated with anyone, just some junkies pushing the hard street equivalent of bathtub punch." He flashed another smile. "3000 Nuyen per person. If you guys do an especially fine job there may be a bonus, but you know how these things work. And if you're worried that it might be a set up of some sort, we've got one of our own that is going to be heading down there with you guys." He clapped, and a moment later the door opened, and a man in a suit stepped through the door.

"This is Takumi, he's one of our newer guys. Shows a lot of promise. He's the one that found these miscreants, so he can give you some more details and provide some firepower or some intimidation while you guys go and send this message."

Machiavelli had been sitting quietly, watching the show. He let out a chuckle. "I'm not one for escapades in the meat space, but I'm feeling adventurous tonight. Count me in, this time. Might be beneficial to have a tech boy along, at any rate. Nice to meet ya, Takumi."

Shinji laughed for a moment, and gave a wave to the people in the room. "I'll be taking my leave for now, other business to attend to, you know. But when you're done with this task, just let someone know and they'll let you see me immediately. Good luck." He gave Takumi a pat on the back, and closed the door behind him as he left. The four runners, a rag tag team, were the only ones left in the room. [/i]

[info]Have our third player! Huzzah for Ronin![/info]

InhumanRonin

Takumi was finally getting his chance to get into the action. "As one of the newer members the only job I really get to do is being peoples errands boy. I will finally get to prove to them I am more then just a runner." Takumi thought to himself as he was introduced to these 3 people. "Well you know my name what is your guy's names?"
Famous last words- DONT WORRY GUYS I GOT THIS!

GG - Henon     

Mysticsage

Zephyr stood at that moment and smiled, "I'm Zephyr, glad you could join us." He didn't know how traditional or even how old the kid was. He knew the Yakuza liked to bring them on young but asking for details would be insulting. He also thought it better to leave the reason why they had gathered in the first place a secret. If it was as dire as Mac made it out to be it was better to leave as many people in the dark as much as possible for everyone's sake. "I'll let the others introduce themselves while I go make a phone call. Hash out the details I'll be back in a moment."

The sooner they could get to work was the sooner he could start working towards helping his friend. He would have to call Sakura later and see if she could not put Kiera up in the interum. She would need a safer long term place to stay that was protected better then his small apartment. He excused himself and left the ViP room and stood outside the hallway as he made the call. Sakura was the leader of an underground goods network called the Daimou and action house. It started in japan but spread world wide and has worked alongside but not affiliated with most of the underworld Which included security shadowrunners and crime. Her particular establishment was a gambling parlor and lounge styled after a traditional geisha residence called the paper lantern. He rang her on his comm link hoping she would not be to busy to answer,

pringerbeam

Roland gave the new guy a good looking over before turning to the door and yelling out.  "Big D's balls Shinji does he even have his tats yet? He looks way too eager so he's either the greenest twig in the chopstick drawer or a complete psychopath."  Roland turned back to the new guy.  "How many fingers do you still have? "

Oath

http://youtube.com/v/sJKY5KChLWw&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

Everyone
Machiavelli let out a laugh with Firecracker's comment. "See, this is why we're friends. He turned to Takumi, with a brief wave. "Hey there, Kid. I'm Machiavelli. Don't usually go out and about but I'll be joining you tonight. Just please. And I really mean please. Do not give me a story to post on JackPoint." He had a mischievous smile. Perhaps he actually wanted to post something, but you couldn't get a read on him. "So Takumi, what can you tell us about these guys we're gonna go send a message to?"

Zephyr

You hear a few rings, and then an answer. You got through to Sakura. "Zephyr my boy, what brings you to my metaphorical doorstep at this time of night? Is there problems? If something is going on and you need help, we can talk about it but you may owe me." She hadn't heard about your guest, who you were looking for better accommodations for. But may have heard through the grapevine that you were on the move and looking into things outside of your usual places. It was hard to tell, she liked to keep a few cards hidden up her sleeve, and a poker face that was impossible to break.

InhumanRonin

Takumi turned his attention towards the person headed towards the door"Heh I will have you know I have all ten fingers intact." Takumi then unbuttons his shirt to reveal a few of his tats."I will let you be the judge if i have my tats or not. As for being a psychopath or not I will let you decide that.

Takumi then turns to Machiavelli "Good of you to come out. And I hope for both of our sake nobody here does something stupid enough to end up on JackPoint. As for what I know about these people they have been selling out of an apartment complex down by the Cutting Edge strip club. I have also found out that these guys are not really big time and they seem to be using there own supply so be prepared for them to freak the fuck out when we show up." Takumi then walks over to the corner of the room and picks up a duffle bag with all of his equipment in it.

GG - Henon     

pringerbeam

"Whatever you say chopstick.  I'm going to go wait for you all outside.  Let me know when you all are ready to bust some heads."  Roland left the room and headed for the exit.  He motioned to Zephyr as he walked by in an attempt to indicate that he was going out and that he would wait for him.  He breathed the wet air as he walked out the front door and headed for his car.  WHOOP WHOOP went the car as he approached.  He pulled open one of the rear doors and flipped up the seat cushion to access the basic storage bin.  He pulled out a ballistic vest and put it on after taking off his jacket.  He then strapped on some arm guards and a climbing harness with all it's equipment.  Finally he pulled out a ballistic mask and looked at the gold design printed onto the matte black surface.  "Gotta protect the money maker."  He fitted the mask on and then flipped it up.  He walked around to the driver's door and leaned on the hood of the car while pulling his jacket back on before getting into the driver's seat.  He settled in to wait for everyone else.

Mysticsage

Zephyr nodded to Roland as he listened to her speakg To hear that she knew of his movements already was more then a little disconcerting. It meant that there already could be actions being taken by the corps to get in there way. Though He supposed if anyone would get word of his activity first it would be Sakura "My apologies for the inconvenience Milady, but I need help in a matter of some importance. My friend worked for a corp and seemingly got involved in something that possibly ended up in killing him. His wife could be in danger just from affiliation so until things become less heated I was hoping you might be able to spirit her away for a bit. I just don't want to have her caught in the direct crossfire. I'm willing to pay for it if needed as long as the corps get kept in the dark no telling who is watching." He thought for a moment if he wanted to push his luck further, but then what would the harm be in asking. "I do have one more favor to ask, I remember you mentioning that you know a well connected fixer who was uncommitted to any of the usual groups. You said they liked to hangout at The Guild bar could you get me in contact with them?"

InhumanRonin

After Takumi grabbed his bag he headed outside towards his new partners vehicle "Well I am ready when ever Zephyr gets off the phone." Takumi then opens the back seat puts his duffle bag in the middle seat and opens it. Reaching in to the bag Takumi then begins attaching silencers to his pistols and smg.

GG - Henon     

Oath

http://youtube.com/v/wm8AHxHTPv0&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

Machiavelli chuckled at the exchange between his new found companions. Perhaps this would turn out better than the last team he had been a part of, but only time would tell. He got up and left the room, following the others out to Firecracker's jeep and hopping in one of the back seats. "Let's not get too dirty. Gotta keep this deck sparkling." The rain had begun to lighten, but the clouds still hung heavy overhead.

Zephyr

Your call with Sakura was going about how you expected. She knew more than you wanted her to, in every scenario, but that is why she is still around. Information can be a powerful weapon. "We can probably find a place for her. But she will need to work. She will be out of sight, and safe. But I can't have any dead weight around here. You know how it works. Bring her in the morning, and we will take care of things." She let out a small sigh at your other question. "The second favor, that is something I cannot promise, my boy. You know this man is particular about who he works with. You must be known before he will even look at you. And you are not known. Your friends are not known. So we must wait. If you get known, then he will find you. See you in the morning, my boy." And with that, she hung up before you had a chance to respond. You had been waved to by the rest of the group as they walked out of the establishment, so you figured that they were waiting for you outside.

pringerbeam

Roland turned around to look at the yakuza making himself at home in his back seat.  "What don't you have a fucking car?  Shinji didn't contract me to drive you around to soccer practice.  No one and nothing gets into El Diablo without paying up so unless you can give me a reason to let my seats grace your ass you had better get walking."