Favorite Roleplay Memories

Started by Ella, March 23, 2015, 12:00:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ella

Hey guys! There's quite the variety of roleplay settings on the forums now. Old ones, new ones, discontinued ones. Lets be nostalgic and share our favorite memories from each setting we've roleplayed in! Links to actual threads with post numbers would be awesome.

Alti

Okay, simply because I haven't been here that that long. And I don't have a lot to draw on from this group yet. I would like to submit my all time favorite roleplaying moment.

My good friend threw a Halloween shindig a bunch of years ago now, we were all playing Masque of the Red Death game in Ravenloft (my favorite D&D setting besides of coarse Faerun). Anyway, I was a werewolf hunter and we were investigating so on and whatever. As the night progressed, I was being fed drink concoction after drink by a few fellow players. We had an exchange -

The GM rping an NPC: Hey Aethan (my PC), let me see that dagger for a quick moment, I have an idea.

Me (Aethan): Sure thing make sure I get it back.

Aethan gave over the dagger, and we proceeded with the game, and the dagger was all but forgotten. My girlfriend at the time, at the end of the game session mentioned something about the dagger. And then we had this little exchange -

GM: Oh Aethan, Aethan come here. I nearly forgot to give this back to you. *GM hands over an invisible dagger to me*

Me: Ah yes, my thanks, this dagger is very important to me. *I put the invisible dagger in an invisible sheath on my hip*

The GM looks at me and busts out laughing.

GM: Why did you act out putting away an invisible dagger? It looked silly.

We all laugh for a long time, having had many drinks.

Me: Why did you hand me an invisible dagger if you didn't want me to put the invisible dagger away?

We all laughed for a while longer, and ever since then we all pass invisible items around the table, thanking each other for "invisible" items. It was probably a lot more funny in the moment. But one of my most cherished RP moments.

---
Otherwise the best moment for me so far is when Zultar and Kin had it out in Sands, made me cry I was laughing so hard.

Ella

Linwelin

Ah, geez, favorite moments. Well, since there's no link to it for refreshing, I'll say what I can. If you were part of it, pitch in if I forget something.

So, the setting was our Silver Arms game, We'd just completed the first chunk of the story and were heading to the main guild building for the first time (for our characters, as well). Upon entering, we had a short conversation with the receptionist about her never having seen us before, and that we were a rather strange group. One of the members, Arian (DNDRemix), immediately shot back something along the lines of "That's because we're all figments of your imagination. We're not really here." and rolled a bluff. Well it was a Natural 20, and we considered the moment an interesting time to consider it a critical success. So we rolled with it.

The receptionist was thoroughly convinced that we were, in fact, imaginary. Thus she started paying us no mind, or thinking others couldn't see us. For a short while, this was the theme whenever we returned to the guild after a large mission.

Outside of the forum, well there are a lot. I'll give you a more-recent favorite, something my players did in the game I'm running now.

Someone new joined the group, but we had no idea how to introduce their character. So instead, I just rolled randomly for who in the party they met first, and we all winged it. They were a rather handsome, narcissistic cleric that hits on everyone. Everyone. Well, the first person they meet is a 14-year-old fighter who fights by throwing clubs, and was currently buying new weapons. His flaw dictated he had to hit on the 14 year old boy in some way, and thus began dropping innuendos. But in a moment of brilliance, the guy laying kid decides that his character doesn't understand innuendos, and all of them go over his head. So I come in as the shopkeeper to start a conversation, in innuendos, over the kid's head while he responds normally. Since the phrasing starts weirding the kid out, he leaves and the cleric follows...right to another group member. The kid inconspicuously high-fives the newcomer, who is a rather pale, dark-clothed rogue, and simply says "Tag out".

So now the cleric begins hitting on the newcomer since he now has someone who isn't a kid to hit on. Well, the rogue gets, feels uncomfortable, and decides to run. So now everyone is running, creeped out, back to the inn where the final two members are. The rogue manages to blend into the crowd and get upstairs unnoticed, but high-fived one of the two players at the table on the way. "Tag out." Thus, the cleric sat down with the last two players. At first, they were just buying time, but when the cleric realized they just didn't care about being hit on, he gave up and they had a normal conversation. Sort of.

The cleric was bored with the town, and was looking for people to travel with, thus gaining interest in joining the party. They were hesitant at first, but at the mention that he was a cleric, the two of them became interested. The group needed a cleric. The fighter at the table immediately agreed, but the wizard wanted to test the cleric's ability. So the wizard turned to their familiar, which is a chicken (yes, a chicken). They set the chicken on fire, right on the table, and asked the cleric to do something about it. After a moment of panic and disbelief, they created water and put the fire out, leaving a singed chicken that was now afraid of its master.

And that was how my current group gained a cleric.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Ella