Pokémon Training & Daily Attempts (Last refresh: 2/24/16)

Started by Throndir, December 23, 2014, 05:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

Players are able  to train Pok?mon, as given by the rules below.

Quote from: PTU Core 180Sometimes Trainers may wish to train their Pok?mon in a safe environment, to improve their skills in Combat.

Trainers can train a number of Pok?mon at a time equal to half of their Command Rank; this means Trainers with Pathetic Command cannot Train Pok?mon.

The amount of Experience gained depends on the amount of time trained that day, and the trainer?s Command Rank.

For the first half-hour of training, a Pok?mon gains Experience equal to a quarter of its own Level, plus the trainer?s Command Rank. For example, a Trainer with Expert Command trains a Level 20 Pok?mon. That Pok?mon gains 10 Experience ( 20/4 = 5, 5+5 = 10 ).

For the second half-hour of training, the Experience is halved, rounded down as always. That same Pok?mon would thus receive 5 Experience. For each further half- hour, the Experience gain is again halved; the third half hour would give 2 Experience, the fourth half-hour would give 1 Experience. The fifth and further half-hours in this particular example would give 0 Experience.

A Trainer can have their Pok?mon benefit from a total number of half-hour training sessions equal to their Command Rank; this includes all Pok?mon being trained simultaneously. For example, a Trainer with Adept Command can train for a total of 2 hours. If they trained 2 Pok?mon for an hour, that would use up all of their Training Time for the day.

For forum use, rules slightly change.

• A 'day' now becomes a specified time in real life that I can change on the fly. It could be a day in real life, a week, two weeks, a whole month, etc. It depends on the activity of the forums on those who are considered active players.
  • If I have not posted in this thread indicating a new 'day' has arrived, assume it's still that same day.
  • Lets encourage player interaction if possible. Feel free to bump into others and have your own mini RP. (I'll be asking them to move to their own thread if it gets that far, when I need to post up a new 'day')
  • Extra experience is granted by GM discretion on quality and length of post. 
  • Please post in this thread.
Any sort of out of combat skill/ability that has tangible benefits also go here.

Instead of Training, you may choose to breed Pokemon. This uses up the 'day' for breeding, regardless if it was a different set of Pok?mon.

Linwelin

The skies were clear in Fortree City that day, and the winds calm and crisp. Daniel yawned slightly, Bolt stirring beside him from his own slumber, and both took a simultaneous deep breath of the fresh morning air. The duo had been casually heading through the Hoenn region, and heard of a town entirely made of treehouses, which Dan had decided he HAD to see. They'd arrived in Lilycove the week before and had spent time heading up the few routes of mountainous forest. The pokemon that made their home in Hoenn were completely different from his own home near Floaroma in Sinnoh, with a few exceptions. Were he a more experienced trainer, he'd have attempted to catch a few of them. And that was exactly what got him up a little earlier than normal.

He'd been restless on the way there, and now that he was actually staying in one of the very treehouses he came for, he wanted to use that excess energy. Daniel thought, What better way to do so, than by playing with and training Bolt?

And so he hustled out with Bolt on his shoulder, as they climbed down the treehouse ladder and ventured to a less-traveled part of the dense forest below. The first portion of it was spent just chasing around Bolt, playing fetch, and grabbing a small breakfast. It was certainly a good way to wake up.

"Alright, Bolt, now let's work out a little bit." Daniel said as he went to a low-hanging tree and tied a few slim logs so that they hung from the branches. At this point, Bolt knew the drill, but you can tell the Shinx wasn't exactly thrilled by it. "I know, I know, it's painful and boring, but it'll help to be strong when we need to help others in trouble. Or ourselves. Don't worry, I'll be working out with you! And then I'll cook up some honeyed sweets for the both of us afterward. Sound good?" Bolt's eyes lit up, and drool slightly dripped from his mouth. Daniel couldn't help but chuckle. Then he took a stance, getting pumped. "Alright! Let's do this, then have ourselves a day of fun!" Bolt growled lightly in approval, charging the posts to practice a combination of tackling and diving, as Daniel had shown him once before. He'd still get hit fairly often, but Daniel was impressed by the quick improvement. Daniel, on the other hand, did an assortment of physical exercises: mountain climbers, push-ups, pull-ups, sit-ups and sprints. Both of them were sweating and panting by the end of the hour.

Daniel plopped down next to Bolt, gently petting him. "Job well done, Bolt." Bolt nuzzled his hand. "Now let's go and cook up some sweets!" He could swear he saw the young Shinx's eyes sparkle in anticipation as they both got up, gathered their things, and headed back to the treehouse.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

QuoteDaniel and Bolt trained for 1 hour, and received 4 exp.
1.5 + 2 = 3.5
1st half hour: 3 exp
2nd half hour: 1 exp
Total: 4 exp

I've updated your sheet.

Burdenking

Oreah Trudged through the ash buried route 113, a disposable medical face mask covering her, and her pokemon's, mouth and nose to avoid letting ash into their respiratory system. Her advance was slow, but she knew this place would be perfect for training her young pokemon. While Azz and Soren were bred from the best pokemon in her family, they were still young and inexperienced. They needed to be trained, and the old ways were the only way that would happen. "Alright Everyone, we'll start our training here."

Soren looked at Oreah through his lidded eyes, then nodded as he hopped off the back of Azz, landing knee deep in ash and staring up at his trainer. He then held up his hands, and prepared himself. Azz on the other hand didn't really want to train, and was about to wander off when the harsh tone of Oreah barked out "Azz, we are training now."

Azz at first had planned to just ignore the woman, but quickly decided against it when her eyes turned grim. So instead he went to sit next to Soren, and was ready to train, shaking out the ash that had fallen onto his fur.

They then began to train, spending an hour in the ashen fields of Route 113. While combat was a goal to be trained, Oreah settled on simply training the young pokemon's bodies so they would be better prepared for the coming fight ahead of them. She needed them to be their best, and she needed herself to be at her best. So as they trained she trained along with them, to keep them and herself focused on their goals.

(Used Focused Training Feature, giving all my pokemon +1 to accuracy rolls and +2 to skill checks until the next extended rest. Due to Ace trainer feature, my pokemon treat their attack stat as being +1 in the combat stage instead of having 0 as a default until the next extended rest. -1 AP)

When the training was finished, and the ashen training grounds were a mess with torn grass, broken rocks, and cut down saplings, Oreah sat down next to her two exhausted pokemon, and brought them both onto her lap, her arm wrapping protectively around them as they relaxed "Good job guys...We'll take a break here for a little bit, and then head on off...." She said, just watching her pokemon relax in her arms, and stare out onto the ashen fields.

They would soon make their Debut in the pokemon league, and she hoped that she would fail this time as a trainer. She would never allow what had happened before to happen again to these two...she would rather return them to the wild then watch them fall because of her....

Throndir

QuoteOreah, Azz, and Soren trained for 1.5 hours, and received 7 exp.
1.25 + 3 = 4.25
1st half hour: 4 exp
2nd half hour: 2 exp
3rd half hour: 1 exp
Total: 7 exp each

I've updated your sheet.

Extra exp granted to both Linwelin and Burden

Throndir

[spoiler]Nena Ains, Fayleen Ains, and Kedric Larns trains as well.

I'll write up a post whenever I get to it if ever for this round.

I'll also be increasing the extra exp granted to Burdenking and Linwelin.[/spoiler]

Lance

"Come on, Kyuubi. Let's grow you some tails," spoke a young, sharp-eyed man with a Vulpix in tow.

---

"The Boulder is also training. Let's not fall behind, Boulder!" Shouted one boulder to another, as the man and Geodude combo got to work.

---

Thus, two more men joined the ever-growing fray, in search of some first-hand experience about the driving force in their world.

[spoiler]
Will flesh out the post/details/statistics later. For now, know that they are training as well.
[/spoiler]
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Throndir

Kedric Larns

Hahahahaha! This will be the best hole ever. The shape! The depth! The... the DIRT! Kedric thought exuberantly as he continued to dig faster and faster, deeper and deeper, widening the hole which he dug.

"Digger! Don't let me down! Live up to your name! Dig that hole!" Kedric commanded as he himself started to help his friend create the ditch. It was forming well, and already in Kedric's mind he was creating something beautiful. So wonderful was his creation turning out to be that he started laughing, audibly this time, rather than in his mind.

"Hahahaha! HAHAHAHAHAHA!" His laughing resounded across the fields where they were just outside the prestigious Xan Academy.

Fayleen  / Kedric / Nena

Meanwhile Fayleen Ains had just entered the school grounds, waving as she saw her sister in the distance. She hasn't seen her sister in a few weeks, and she was excited to see how Nena was fairing at the academy.

When she finally closed the distance however, they heard someone's incessant laughing. It was a student who seemed to be digging a hole of some sort.

"So... what's wrong with him?" Fayleen whispered. Of course the other man was enough so that he couldn't have heard, but Fayleen couldn't help but whisper, she was talking about someone after all.

"He's been doing that for awhile. I'm not really sure why though..." Nena answered back, staring at the kid in the distance. Just then the student began laughing again, maniacally like before. Nena attempted to chuckle, but it felt strange and forced. "He's in my class I think... We haven't really talked though."

As if mentioning had called him, the student suddenly began waving at both Nena and Fayleen.

"You there! Come hither!" The student called out, beckoning them to him. Of course Fayleen and Nena didn't know how to respond, though Nena started to walk towards him. Fayleen had called out to her, but Nena just shrugged.

"He is my classmate... so..." Nena smiled. "Come with me, let's see what he wants."

"You know that's just like you." Fayleen shrugged as she quickened her pace to catch up with her little sister. It didn't take them long to reach where the student was. Before them was a rather large hole and one of the Xan Academy students holding what looked to be a shovel.

"Help me with this! With your Pok?mon too!" Kedric said, as he somehow pulled out some more shovels and handed it to the other two. Together he and and his Sandshrew increased their pace, leaving the two girls questioning what they were supposed to do.

"You get to see my Ralts, Star." Fayleen grinned. "You haven't seen her yet." Nena smiled, and pulled out her own Pok?ball and they both sent out their Pok?mon; Nena's Vulpix, and Fayleen's Ralts. Soon enough they had begun their digging, along with their Pok?mon who dutifully obeyed. Though of course, unlike the student's Sandshrew, both the Ralts and the Vulpix didn't very little in the actual digging. But the student didn't mind, and eventually he came to a point where he felt the project was completed.

"So... So what was this for anyways?" Fayleen asked, panting and sitting on the ground with her Vulpix.

"Well you see, my Sandshrew had this inkling that something might be in here! Well, Digger? Found anything?"

[spoiler]My actual training post.

And also this little feature I just found out on my Sandshrew:

QuotePickup
Daily ? Extended Action
Effect: You may use Pickup as an Extended Action that
requires at least 5 minutes. Roll 1d20, consult the Pickup
keyword to figure out what you find!

Pickup: The Ability Pickup lets Pok?mon or Trainers
find items using their natural senses and natural
curiosity, or using psychic abilities. Whenever the ability
is activated, roll 1d20 and consult the chart below. The
chart determines the category of Item, but the GM
decides what the specific Item is.

This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20 : 16, total 16[/spoiler]

Throndir

QuoteGranting the extra exp to Kedric, Fayleen, and Nena for the roleplay post. Giving the Boulder regular Training exp until there's something that qualifies for it.

Kedric receives:
Burn Heal
Cures Burns $ 200

Throndir

Nena Ains / Fayleen Ains / Kedric Larns

Once Digger, the Sandshrew, was given the command to search out for items, rather than go into the hole which they had spent almost two hours digging, Digger simply ventured into the nearby bushes, and moments after that came out with what looked to be some sort of spray bottle. It was a simple burn heal that someone must have accidentally dropped.

"Kedric, you're kidding me right?" Fayleen asked, finding out the student's name in their time digging the hole together. She didn't sound so amused.

"I kid you not!" Kedric smiled as he took the burn heal from his companion and patted him on the head. "The fruits of our labor! A burn heal! Magnificent! Hahahaha!"

The student started laughing then, just like when the Ains sisters first ran into him.

"HAHAHAHAHA!" He continued, without stop.

"Everyone in your school like this?" Fayleen whispered as she leaned close to Nena's ear.

"No... just some." Nena replied back.

"You mean there are more like him?" Fayleen looked questioningly at her sister, her tone of voice more insistent with a hint of surprise.

In response Nena attempted to chuckle, and just like before it felt strange and forced.

Lanelja

"Uh, Dusty? You can- You can let go, if you want. I mean, it's been like an hour."

Sev blinked at her Trapinch. His jaws were clamped stubbornly around the low-hanging branch of a tree, and he hung there like a weirdly-shaped nut. And had been hanging there for quite a while. She knew he was a determined little thing, but she couldn't help being nervous that he was pushing himself way too far way too fast. Who knew if even she could keep up?

"Come on, Dusty. Let go. You've worked really hard today, so I'll give you a bunch of Oran berries, okay? Just- Just come down from there. Dusty- Come on, please!"

Throndir

QuoteSev and Dusty train 1.5 hours, and received 7 exp.
1.25 + 3 = 4.25
1st half hour: 4 exp
2nd half hour: 2 exp
3rd half hour: 1 exp
Total: 7 exp

I've updated your sheet.

Extra exp granted to Sev for roleplaying.

Zultar

The monotonous sound of constant inhaling and exhaling echoed throughout the surrounding forest. A wide variety of Pokemon were also present; a Beedrill buzzing about, a Pidgey flying through in the sky above. They all made different sounds, mostly just a really garbled up groan of their own name, but certainly, the sound of inhaling and exhaling did not just come from a Pokemon. In a clear, open canopy above, a pair of two animals stood. Well, uhh, flexing, but you get the point. A Trainer and his Pokemon, stretching and flexing in unison as if it were some ritual - a very primal attitude. Granted, for Kram, this was just one of his daily activities to keep himself and his Bulbasaur, 'Bulby', healthy. He was quite adept in martial combat for his stance looked firm, and it looked like he knew what he was doing. Difficult it was to tell, however, because his blinding smile kind of overpowered everything - some of it rubbed off on his Bulbasaur for it too had a cheeky grin on it's face. Everything was peaceful up until the trainer started grunting each time he did a push-up - his Bulbasaur would follow his lead, and this caused a number of feral Pokemon to stop and gaze at their...exercising. There even came a moment when the trainer started chucking the smiling Bulbasaur far into the air - some 10 feet perhaps as the Bulbasaur fell back into the trainer's firm hands. Obviously he had done this notion several hundreds of times - the Bulbasaur didn't look any bit fearful when it was coming down, having complete trust in it's master. Though a question does come up of how he first started.

"Great job Bulby!" a childish voice boomed.

"The next time we meet a bad guy I'm gonna throw you really hard!"

"Bouubba!" his pet responded happily - truly both individuals were very different from normal people. Throwing a 15.2lbs Bulbasaur tanking through the air would definitely cause the victim to be confused - not a conventional way of fighting. Perhaps the Trainer is willing to take advantage of this risk, and open up with an unexpected attack with this confusion. What's more likely is his trainer is a complete nut-head, simply going forward without falter. Yes - I think it's something called idiocy. With their exercise coming to a close, he reviewed out loud to his Pokemon;

"100 Push-ups, 100 Curl's, and..." Kram paused for moment, standing up all of a sudden into a what he called a manly pose:

"We reinvented a new move! Bulba Smash!"

"Bouubba!" his pet responded happily - but his trainer didn't stop there. Kram quickly grasped his beloved Bulbasaur in his hands.

"Nothing beats first-hand experience! Isn't that right Bulby!" A blur of green and blue came crashing into a tree at full speed. Kram could probably do quite well in baseball. Were it not for Bulby's excessive physical tolerance, Kram might of unintentionally put his Pokemon into an unconscious state.

"Bouuuuuuu..baaaa~" Bulby walked back towards his master dazed, his legs going every which way before a small breeze knocked him over topside. Collapsed, Bulby's Trainer came up to him and patted his head.

"That was so cool!" Kram sat down with his dazed Bulba, stuffing leaves into it's mouth and enjoying the sun bathing down on the two of them for a small moment.

"That's enough rest for now. Return!" And the martial nutcase trainer left the forest scene.

Throndir

QuoteKram and Bulby flex muscles for 1 hour, and received 4 exp.
1.75 + 2 = 3.75
1st half hour: 3 exp
2nd half hour: 1 exp
Total: 4 exp

I've updated your sheet. Granted bonus exp for roleplaying post.

Throndir

QuoteRefreshed daily attempts. Feel free to say if you train your Pok?mon. Bonus exp for written posts like always.

For this round I'll allow items to be found randomly in your Training post. Please roll a 1d20 Luck roll. I'll be rolling it for you if you neglect to do so.