[In Progress/Closed] Trouble in the Sewers

Started by Oath, November 16, 2013, 12:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oath

A member of the guard, Gil Foxwell comes stumbling into the Guild hall, holding a piece of parchment. The man is not particularly strong, but he is well built as if he has seen his fair share of fights. Currently wearing his armor with his other equipment at ease, it is hard to get a clear look at his face or hair due to the iron helm that rests upon his head.  He looks quite concerned as he approaches the bar to order a drink, and while waiting for it to be made wanders towards the job board.

Any of the adventurers in the hall can plainly see what he is doing. He cautiously pins the parchment to the board, and heads back over to the bar to drown some of his sorrows in a nice mixed drink. The posting reads as follows:

Brave adventurers of the Guild of Galas'nor,

We are looking for a group of 3-5 individuals to help us with a bit of a problem that we are having in a section of the sewer. There have been complaints of something smelling quite foul in this particular section of town. We have sent a group to check it out, but of the three only one returned safely, though safely is an understatement as he collapsed as soon as he climbed out of sewers and was found laying in the streets. Command is getting a bit upset, and we can't spare anymore guards at this point in time so I have been tasked with creating an elite team to help us take care of this problem. If anyone is interested, please contact me I shall be hanging around this hall until the team is assembled, at which point I will lead them to the point of entry and wish them good luck. The reward is 1000 coins split among the lot of you, and any objects you find in the sewers will be yours as well.

-Gil Foxwell

After taking a few sips of his drink, his spirits seem to have lifted and his conversation with those around him sounds quite hopeful.

Mission Details in spoiler
[spoiler]
Number of players: 3-5

Suggested Level: 1

Description: Fighting, dungeon crawling, not too much NPC interaction.

Objective: Clear out the sewers, solving whatever problem there is.

Gold: 1000 (Split between the party)

EXP: 1500 (Split between the party)
[/spoiler]

Throndir

QuoteI'm in with a level 1 version of Annia. TheBigJon, Steve, Manzokushi, Hasabushi, and Grimston, are still on the waiting list though, or have yet to make their characters/find portraits. So replace me with any of them.

Linwelin

Vladimir almost immediately walks up to the man, getting up from his usual corner seat. "I'm stealth trained, and have good eyes to deal with darkness; I'll be of some use in discovering the cause of this disturbance, if not as a scout, then as a blade." He then sits beside the man, "Did your men manage to describe what they encountered down there? Knowing whatever you can tell us will make things go more smoothly."

I'll do whatever I can to make sure this town stays safe and well-kept. It is my home, and possibly the only place that can be such. Vladimir though to himself, determined to help, and earn his keep.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

Kryas moved from his usual spot and up with the others "I'm in as well I might not be much of a fighter, but I have my ways and you'll need some versatile support if you want to go traipsing through those tunnels."

There might be something interesting  in those sewers he could grab. His curiosity driving him forward.

Oath

Gil curiously looks at the group that has gathered before him at the bar.

"Interesting lot we have gathered here."

It seemed like Gil really meant what he was saying, though you cannot tell for sure.

"The guild of Galas'nor always has so many interesting members and you all seem so ready to jump in and help, even with the most mundane of problems. And to answer your question, unfortunately we have not been told exactly what is within the sewers. The man who made it back alive is still being tended to in the infirmary. Now, if you all don't mind I would like to get started. If anyone else decides to come along, we can deal with that when it happens."

Dropping a few pieces of coin onto the bar, Gil shouts to the man behind the counter.

"Barkeep! If anyone else comes by to accept my job, give them this map and tell them to join their companions at their leisure!"

Finishing off the last bit of drink in his mug, Gil leaps to his feet rejuvenated and heads towards the entrance.

"Come, adventurers! I will take you to the entry point. Be prepared for anything and if you need to do some last minute shopping, feel free to do so on our way."

[spoiler]
The adventure is starting, please post in the actual game thread when you get a chance to, anyone else who would like to join can also feel free, there are currently two more slots and you can post here and be added into the adventure at any point![/spoiler]

Throndir

The knight had previously been looking at the mission board, seeing if there was anything that she might possibly help out on, but when the guard came in and placed the posting on the board, she decided then that she'll help out in that one. After all, why travel into the wilds, when help was needed right across the street? In the proverbial sense of the word of course; Annia very well knew that "across the street" really meant "underground in some dank sewers". It wasn't the most ideal of conditions, but a knight should be willing to venture where they are needed.

The guards of Ternadan city, in some ways, was like their own guild, though they did not usually take on requests like the guild of Galas'nor, they did do their best to protect the city and keep peace and order. And in it's own way, that itself was an admirable goal.

Checking to ensure she had all the belongings she needed, Annia had briskly followed after the guard.

TheBigJon

Rordan's feet dropped off the table as he realized what was happening. Pushing his chair in, he left the area, following the adventurers.

"Hold on! I could use the money..."