[Open] Stolen Goods

Started by Throndir, December 11, 2012, 03:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

QuoteFor the people who want to run this D&D, make a list of events of what your character will do within the next 7 days. I will be looking for specific "key words" which may trigger some events, and/or push the story along. In this case, I will interrupt the days as to when it happened, then either clarify with the player with their exact actions, or create a new thread with the players to RP on detailing that specific action, or I will simply just post what the outcomes are for the actions. Please limit each day's activities to a reasonable amount that is possible within a day's time (including sleeping and eating). I may choose to make your character Fatigued (or any other conditions), upon start of any RP depending on the character's actions.

Since the knowledge of the kidnapping happened this night, this will be considered as "Day 0". The first day of the list starts when the clock hit midnight. If not "key words" are struck within each player's list (unlikely but you never know), at Day 7, midnight, the Daggers & Dangers Society contacts the guild again, and I will then open up the RP.

Again to clarify, I am looking for a list of events each player does within the next 7 days.

Once I have at least 3 people who post their 7-day list, I will wait another 24 hours for late comers to post their list as well, after which I will then start the RP thread(s).

This is still open to everyone, not just limited to those who originally posted on this thread.

Oath

I decide that the best course of action is to gather any information that might be of use when dealing with these bandits. Being able to have at least some knowledge on their relative strength would be beneficial because I have no intention of paying them a single piece of copper for the return of the Cains, and would sooner storm their keep and do things my own way.

I spend my days doing relatively few things. Daily I eat, and I sleep. I spend a good portion of each day gathering information about the brigands that have taken the Cains. I also make sure all of my equipment is in order, and do my daily training with my blade. With the small amounts of free time left I help my fellow Guild members with whatever they might need help with.

I gather information from 5 parts of town over the 7 days, trying to focus a bit more on the areas where information is likely to be found.

[spoiler] Gather Information Checks over 7 days (5 rolls for 5 parts of town)

Part 1 [blockquote]Rolled 1d20-1 : 1 - 1, total 0[/blockquote]

Part 2 [blockquote]Rolled 1d20-1 : 14 - 1, total 13[/blockquote]

Part 3 [blockquote]Rolled 1d20-1 : 3 - 1, total 2[/blockquote]

Part 4 [blockquote]Rolled 1d20-1 : 15 - 1, total 14[/blockquote]

Part 5 [blockquote]Rolled 1d20-1 : 11 - 1, total 10[/blockquote] [/spoiler]

Neko

It was hard for Sophie to accept the fact that this was all happening, but since there was little she could do, she continued going through the week like normal. For the most part, anyway. Working, eating, and sleeping. Too scared to really explore outside the guild on her own, she instead asked Mimic to search around and listen for anything that might aid her in finding out more. She knew Ryine was already out and about, but wanted to help in some way as well. Especially since she felt as though the whole thing was her fault. But, rather than having mimic stay in the city, he instead went to the farmlands. Mimic visited the Cain's farm first, where he searched the grounds for any clues. He also made visits to the neighboring areas, eavesdropping on any chatty farmers.

[spoiler]

Searching the Cain's farm
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+1 : 16 + 1, total 17[/blockquote]

For listening in on farmers. o 3o

Listen
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 16 + 5, total 21[/blockquote]

Gathering Information
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20-2 : 15 - 2, total 13[/blockquote]

[/spoiler]

Throndir

Ryine
As you talked to the people of the city, attempting to gather and information about the whereabouts of the Cains or even any clue on the abductors as well as the so-called "Daggers & Dangers Society", the only information that you come up with is that the society keeps its members secrets. You hear rumors that the group employs assassins in order to take care of loose ends, and you find out that the group is in charge, or at least has a part in almost all slavery or bandit activities in the local area, with their influences reaching out to even places like Medina which was on the other side of the kingdom.

Sophie
When Mimic had come back from his reconnaissance mission, it confirmed that the house was indeed empty, without anyone around. The raven also told Sophie that there were many tracks around the house as the rain was pouring heavy and wet the night before. Though, Mimic himself did not know how to follow or even examine the tracks when they disappeared into drier ground. Mimic mentioned that many of the furniture in the home were upturned and many of their household things were thrown to the ground; plates and cups among them. Mimic had listened to the neighboring farms as well, though, there was not much to hear and nor did Mimic get any useful information save for the fact that most farmers were locked in their homes during the time when the Cains were assaulted due to the heavy weather.

Throndir

QuoteSaendal decides to wait.

Going to give this a few more days then I'm going to jump to the 7th day when the contact meets up with the party again. This is still open to anyone, just post what your character will do from day 1 to day 7, or in OOC spoiler tags, that you want in.

Bootman

Nobody had seen or heard from Kassadin for six days, and given the ruckus nobody had bothered to find her. On the seventh day, she emerged from her room, scratching her head through a mat of messy white hair, a blank expression on her face as she wandered about apparently aimlessly, responding to people with only grunts of affirmation or negation. She spotted a dress of black and whie out of the corner of her eye and shambled towards it with new purpose. She grabbed Sophie's shoulder and shook her a few times.

"Food..."

Neko

Sophie had been going about her usual duties in the guild hall, when a hand on her shoulder made the girl jump. She was already pretty paranoid, considering someone had simply walked in and tried to assassinate her only a few days prior. So, it was a great relief to find it was only Kassadin. The woman looked disheveled, as if she had either just come back for a long mission, or had just woken up. Kassadin hadn't been around much, or at least, Sophie hadn't seen her. Sophie offered the warrior a meek smile, and nodded at her request. "What have you been up to lately? And, Is there anything in particular you would like to eat?" She asked, her tone of voice not nearly as cheery as usual. Dark bags were under Sophie's eyes, it looked as if she hadn't been sleeping a lot. Which was true - while she did sleep a little, she'd often times wake up from nightmares about her parents.

Bootman

Kassadin let her hand fall off of Sophie. The girl was acting strangely, and looked like she hadn't been sleeping well. "But she has a bed... and blankets... and a pillow... and food. The thought that somebody with all of these conveinences taken care of for them wasn't sleeping well disturbed Kass on some deep level.

"Breakfast." She said slowly, regardless of whatever time it was. She gestured at the maid's eyes a moment later.

"Are people attacking you in your sleep? You can stay in my room." She gave this suggestion with slightly more concern than idle curiousity.

Neko

Sophie nodded once again when Kassadin asked for breakfast. It was almost afternoon, but no matter the time Sophie would always cook whatever a guild member requested. They deserved it, considering all the trouble they tended to go through. ?I?ll cook something up right away then.? Her attempt at a cheery response failed yet again, a sigh accidentally slipping out. She turned toward the kitchen, assuming Kassadin would follow along. She was slightly caught off guard by Kassadin?s question though. ?Oh, right, she hasn?t been around?? Sophie thought. Despite her sadness she couldn't help but smile a little at the warrior's offer. She was incredibly grateful of the kindness her fellow guild mates continued to show. "Well, while you were away..." She spoke as she walked toward the kitchen. She wasn't entirely sure how to explain the situation. "Erm...Some bandits challenged the guild."

Bootman

Kassadin almost seemed to be twice as awake the second Sophie made for the kitchen. She only bumped into two or three people on the way there instead of the normal half a dozen. As they walked though, she started to feel more and more upset. Sophie never seemed sad, but something was off with her today... The warrior took her place on a stool and rested on her own crossed arms as she waited for her food and listened to the guild maid. Bandits? More of them? At least it wasn't turkey.

"Bandits... boring. I don't want to fight more bandits." There was a long pause. So long that it seemed like she had simply just stopped speaking entirely.

"But if they're making you upset... least I can do."