[Open] Stolen Goods

Started by Throndir, December 11, 2012, 03:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

The skies were dark and stormy as sharp flashes of lightning followed by the deep grinding bellowing of thunder roared overhead. The droplets of rain splattered hard throughout the city of Ternadan, leaving no area unscathed from the relentless downpour. Almost everyone was indoors, protecting themselves from the unceasing rain, as well as to warm themselves from the bitingly cold winds that made the weather outside even more unpleasant.

Though there was one person was not. The man rode hard as the rain pelted over him, soaking and dirtying his clothes as he made his way towards his destination. The roads of Ternadan had been in various states, some clean and well-made, while other roads were decrepit, with tiles missing, and patches of dirt and mud at various intervals. It was on those roads that splattered the heavy thick mud on his clothing, as well as on the horse he rode upon. As he rounded the corner and came upon the gates of the Guild of Galas'nor, the man was completely drenched in both mud and rain.

He pounded hard twice on the doors of the guild first, but he eventually pushed open the large over-sized doors, the feat itself impossible without the aid of magic that enchanted the doors to easily swing open and closed, or to lock itself when the need arose.

"Sophie!" The man yelled as the doors opened. There was only a few individuals in the guild hall, many of them sitting lazily around the benches and tables they had in the main entrance hall, most simply talking, eating, while some others were chugging down mugs of alcohol. Others were either in their own homes in the city, or living in the various guild rooms reserved for free lodging for guild members. The ones who were able to, turned and regarded the man.

"P-please! I'm looking for Sophie Cain. It's urgent! I-I'm their neighbor!" The man continued as he made his way towards one of the guild members grabbing on to his clothes. The man's eyes were wild, and heavy with fear and shock. Those in the guild looked at him curiously, probably understanding little of what the man had just spoke of.

QuoteStolen Goods
Primary DM: Throndir
Max payers: 6
Suggested players: 3-5
Suggested level: 2
Max level: 3
Length: Very short
Summary: Dungeon crawl
Goal: ?
Rewards:
2000 coins (split between the party)
2000 exp (split between the party)

Sophie Cain is automatically included in this RP. First come first serve.

Oath

I approach the man that has shown up frantic in the guild hall. "If this has to do with Sophie, it likely includes some sort of trouble with bandits of one kind or another. Trouble seems to follow that girl. Luckily I have not reached my personal quota for the murder of bandits this week so I will be more than happy to help." However I decide to let someone else ask for more details because I do not particularly want to hear the story more than once.

Emperor Wilbers

Saendal reluctantly got up and followed Ryine over to the distressed man. He walked up to the man and placed both of his hands on his shoulders. He gazed deep into the man's eyes and the man gazed back. "Calm down, my troubled friend. Calm. What is your name? What is it that agitates you so? Speak!"

Throndir

"B-bandits? I-I don't know." The man said. He rubbed his cheek, and you notice that there looked to be a bruise there. He turns towards Saendal who has just spoken to him. His eyes darted around, but eventually focused on the necromancer

"There were ogres, and- and men!" He grabbed hold of Saendal. "I saw them took the Cains away. I tried to stop them, I even used my trustworthy pitchfork... But they knocked me out before I could have done anything!" The man's face turned ashen.

Neko

Sophie had been off doing her usual duties, when the sound of someone calling her name caught her attention. She stopped what she was doing, and hurriedly made her way over. It seemed Ryine and Saendal had beat her to it though, and had already begun asking the man questions. He didn't seem familiar to her...but, he knew her name. That thought was quickly tossed aside however when she heard what he said next.

""I saw them took the Cains away..."

Sophie's eyes widened, her heart skipping a beat. "W-what?" She questioned, now standing beside Ryine and Saendal. "What are you talking about!?" Her hands began to shake, her mind flooded with possible scenarios. "You can't be serious..."

Throndir

As the maid appeared the man's eyes widened, as if he recognized the girl.

"Y-you must be Sophie!" The man said exasperated. Letting go of Saendal, he starts making his way towards the girl.

Neko

"Ah uhm..yeah, I am, but..." She looks at him again, worry written all over her face. "Have we met? I'm really sorry, but, I don't remember you." Sophie  felt a bit embarrassed - she hated forgetting people. "And well...do you know where they took my parents?" She questioned, not wanting to get off topic. She couldn't believe this was happening! She had thought by this point the bandits might have moved on...assuming the stranger had been talking about bandits of course.

Throndir

"You don't remember me... because..." The man makes his way closer towards Sophie.

"We've never met." The shaken and quivering in his voice was gone. The man spoke with a strange calmness and surety of himself.

[spoiler]Sophie roll a initiative check, that's 1d20+3[/spoiler]

Neko

"O-oh?" A feeling of fear suddenly washed over Sophie. Something wasn't quite right.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 18 + 3, total 21[/blockquote]

Throndir

[spoiler][blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 9 + 4, total 13[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

As the man neared, you notice him pull out what look to be a dagger hidden in his coat.

Neko

"A dagger!" Sophie exclaimed, alerting the others. Since she had already been carrying a broom around prior to the current situation, Sophie took a defensive stance with it, in an attempt to block the incoming attack.

Throndir

"Looks like you saw me just in time!" Before the others could react the man leapt, his dagger leading the way.

But Sophie was prepared, as she stepped out of the way just as the man came crashing towards her.

"Damn it."

The rest of the guild alerted, the man looked at Sophie straight in the eye, then to the throng of guild members who were coming after him.

"Before I go, I was told to say this. The Guild of Galas'nor is challenged. Be wary each of you!" You see him reach into his coat, and within moments a swirl of energy rushed out from him. A flash of light made everyone look away. In mere moments, the man was gone, and in its place was a single scroll with a dagger stabbed into it attaching the paper to the floor.

Emperor Wilbers

Saendal leaned down and picked up the dagger and piece of paper. He wore a straight face and did not have any visible reactions to the incident. He unrolled the paper and began to examine it.

Throndir

The scroll was newly made, unrolling the scroll, Saendal notices the well written script of the writing. It read: