[Closed] Hellhounds in the City!

Started by Throndir, November 27, 2012, 07:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

It was a regular day in the guild of Galas'nor, guild members were busy socializing, or enjoying the food from the guild-only bar. Visitors standing outside gawked at the heavily armored and unique individuals that came in and out of the guild. There didn't seem to be anything of special interest that was happening, and for the most part, the bustling city of Ternadan moved on its lazing march through the day.

You yourself were standing in the courtyard rightoutside the doors of the guild, but before the gates that marked the entrance to the large and magnificent building. It wasn't that long ago when these very grounds were covered in the blood of turkey during the Feast of Thanks, but as expected from the guild's cleaners (and the maid), the job was completely done the morning after.

Then from the distance you hear what sounded like the cries for help. You saw what looked to be a black plume of smoke rising from the distance.

"H-help! Someone please help!" A voice yelled in the background. "D-dogs! Monsters! They're in the city!"

"They're hellhounds you dolt!" A second yelling voice shot back.

The guild was fast to take action, as some members hurriedly started making their way towards the source of the problem.

QuoteHellhounds in the City!
Primary DM: Throndir
Secondary DM: Lance
Max payers: 6
Suggested players: 3-5
Suggested level: 2
Length: Very short
Summary: Boss fight
Goal: Wipe the hellhounds
Rewards:
500 coins (split between the party)
500 exp (split between the party)

Gralof is in this one. He gave me prior notice. There is room for only one more. First come first serve.

Eireleen

Branwen happens to be close by, and doesn't have anything better to do at the moment. Not that she really cares about the townspeople.

Linwelin

"Hellhounds!? Now there's some new prey!" Kin jumps to his feet, more excited about the rare fighting opportunity than concerned about anyone's actual safety. Though, I guess saving people has some merit...but HELLHOUNDS! A perfect cure for boredom.

In truth, all the halfling had been doing that afternoon was sitting off to the side, mocking and judging any guild-mates that left themselves open to his taunts. He'd been itching for a fight, but everyone knew how excitable he was by now that they knew better than to get baited. These cries for help merely broke Kin's streak of disappointed sighs.

Kin goes charging out the door, finding a good spot to encounter a hound or two, keeping his defenses up in case of an ambush. Dogs can be sneaky after all!
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Oath

After seeing that Kin was going to be participating, I could not let a mere Halfling outdo a full grown Human male. "Well, I guess I should help the people of the town and make a good name for the Guild, but in the process I will show Kin that he cannot stack up to me." I start to head towards the exit of the guild in excitement.

Neko

Sophie stretched out her arms and yawned, her eyes closing for a moment as she took a break in the courtyard. She was still a little sore from cleaning up the turkey mess, but it wasn't something that would keep her from working.

The sound of yelling from the towns people woke her up a bit. "Well, guess it's time to get back to work." Sophie thought, a smile crossing her lips.

Bootman

Kassadin sat with her back to Sophie, rubbing her own sore limbs and back in silent agony. Helping clean was NOT something she'd ever offer again.

Then her ears perk up at the sound of yelling. She stood up and brandished her sword in anticipation for whatever was going on before pausing and looking back at Sophie.

"I don't have to help clean this up too, do I?"