[In Progress/Open] A Blatant Challenge

Started by Lance, November 18, 2012, 09:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance

An average day in the Guild of Galas'nor could hardly be called orderly. At best, it could simply be called chaotic. At worse, it's hell. As a result, the members have come to expect the unexpected. Of course that's only natural when the guild members come back after odd tasks such as "cleaning the countryside," "counting every rat in the Ternadan sewer," and even "throwing a rotten apple (or two or three) at a visiting imperial noble." All those jobs had paid well in the end though, particularly the last one, though the member responsible for the task had claimed he had "never run faster in his life."

All in all, the sheer variety of the mission lists was staggering. That's not to say the guild is not tasked with other regular requests as well. Just the other day, a few guild members had come back from slaying an ogre, a quintessential task often given to the guilds here in Ternadan. But given the nature of Galas'nor, its often the case that the stranger the request, the greater the turnout.

Which is why "average" by a guild member's reckoning would differ greatly from the views of most others. Given what the members have already been through, rarely comes a day that would surprise them. Such as today.

[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/v/gAFxnsxVZIw&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

It was a poster that had apparently already circulated throughout Ternadan, appearing in walls, inside churches,  as well as several museums (they were quite upset). Rumor had it that one had even found itself into the ruler's personal quarters. And even here in Galas'nor, a few guild members had a copy in hand.

To say the guild hall was chaotic then would be an understatement. The poster had been a challenge of sorts aimed particularly at the "Guild of Galas'nor," and already a larger than normal crowd stood at the mission board, eyeing its center, where there was placed a note that dwarfed all others (and even eclipsed quite a few). Apparently, this was the "details" the poster was talking about.

Faus' Challenge
Primary DM: Lance
Secondary DM: Throndir

Overview:
Faus has challenged the entire Guild of Galas'nor to a duel.
Duels will be held with the following rules in mind:

• Duels will end only when one side of the opposition has been rendered incapable of combat or on a yield.
  • Faus will take on, at max, 3 opponents for the first duel. Should he win, another guild member may join his comrades for the next round.

Recommended Level: Any
Number of Players: 2+
Length: Short
Type: Boss Battle
Goal: Win the Duel

Reward:
300 Exp (split)
200 Gold (split)
Last Hit Bonus (if applicable): 150 Gold
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Eireleen

Branwen expresses little interest in a fool's game, but wishes to put this imbecile out of his misery, merely so that she may stop being inundated with this shower of idiotic posters and flyers.

Oath

"So this Faus fellow thinks that he can best me in swordplay? I cannot back down from a challenge such as this. If I am lucky, a shield bash to his face will make the bloke yield. Even if he is still standing it will take more than the likes of him to defeat a warrior of my skill!" I then turn and see that many members of the guild had seen me yelling at a piece of paper nailed to a wall.

Lance

[spoiler]Decided to make several minor edits: there is now a base gold amount, exp will be given on mission completion, and the poster now fits the dialogue a bit better ;p

Duels will be held at night (Forgot to mention it before. Thanks, Eir).

Also, due to some fairly major changes, I'll be starting the duel mission tomorrow. In the meantime, I suggest you take a look at Throndir's latest revision concerning the cost involved in adding magical properties to your weapons (found here). Having a flaming sword or two on your characters might be nice before the battle begins.[/spoiler]
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Burdenking

Zallri Had to bend down to see and read the poster, unintentionally blocking the view of the poster from multiple other people. The thought of the mystery opponent didn't sit well with her, it sounded like a trap. But the prospect of the mystery itself, the mere idea of the mystery however peaked her curiosity.

Zallri stood up straight, then walked of, being careful to not trample all of her smaller guild mates. "This could bring me the money and renown i need to finally jump start my career." She thought to herself, heading to her temporary room. She never stayed at the guild long, usually getting herself a mission as soon as possible and leaving. The thought of staying at the guild just didn't sit well with her. A lot of times, she would just head off to wander the country and drop of the face of the earth. Though, she;d eventually make her way back to the guild to talk with old friends and get new missions.

Throndir

A hand took one of many posters lying on the floors of the Guild Hall.

Annia had been a part of the crowd which watched the first duel. It started as a one versus two. However after a point in the duel, it became a one on one fight. The large man's fighting style intrigued Annia. Her mentor had told her then that the styles were similar to the various styles in his own homeland, yet, different as well. The paladin wasn't sure if she'd be willing to go into an arena with spectators watching their every move, but she couldn't admit that the idea sounded thrilling yet scary at the same time. She looked towards her blade. She can feel her mentor eager to battle.

It may very well be interesting. And even if you lose, you can possibly learn something new from this fight.

Things like... duels doesn't really suite me though. Annia responded. Her mentor's warm laugh replied back.

I've told you about the many small fights that I've had right? This isn't quite a one on one fight, but the experience should be good for you. You did say you were willing to be my student Annie.

Y-yes.

The poster fell back down, exactly where it was picked up, as a figure in a set of golden-colored armor made her way out of the busy guild halls, making her way to the arena where the second round of duel would take place yet again.

Burdenking

Tsunkai sat cross legged in front of the guild hall, meditating silently on the grass as she just listened to the city. Her eyes were open, but all she could see was nothing...the only word she knew to describe it. She knew not what darkness was, or light for that matter. All she saw was nothing, as she always had. at least, she did not see with her eyes. Her ears acted as her sight, and the slightest sound allowed her to react as if she did have sight.

This was a new discovery for a younger guild member who had decided to mess with the blind girl in the garden. He waved his hand in front of her face, a smile on his face as he did. Suddenly, then sound of a blade leaving it's sheath was heard. curiously, he looked down, an saw three claw blades pointed at the base of his throat. His eyes widened and her swallowed a lump that had formed in his throat.

"You are annoying me....leave." Tsunkai said with a low and powerful tone, retracting the blades of her claws and returning to her meditations as the man left, some people from the guild laughing as he was sent off like a pup. Tsunkai heard the laughter, and spared a smile, before turning her heard as she heard shouting from the crier.

"Defend the honor of the guild, prove yourself, or just come for the show! Faus has challenged the guild, and already has bested some of her best. Who will step up to face the challenge anew?"

Tsunkai listened to the crier, and was interested in the mission. The challenge screamed of a man who cried for attention, who wished to be seen. The fool wished for all to know him, and he had chosen the strongest group in the land to do it. She shook her head, knowing the fool was destined to be known, but for his defeat and not his victories. Tsunkai stood from her spot and walked towards the crier, then acquired the location of the man. She then walked off, to find the man to accept his challenge.

Emperor Wilbers

[spoiler]Not feeling like typing up a big long thing so I'll just say it: I'll try it out![/spoiler]