[Closed] Tyrant's Tomb

Started by Eireleen, November 18, 2012, 03:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eireleen

Deep in the desert lies the tomb of a forgotten king.

In millennia past, he gathered all the sand in the world under his banner, every oasis and every hill bearing a name now washed away by the river of time. Each arid city that made its home in the dry wastes paid tribute to him, and he amassed all the riches and wonders that the barren earth had to offer. The legends say he made his home in a palace made of solid gold, and those who approached his desert domain would think his abode to be nothing more than a mirage, brought on by the unforgiving sun.

He was an cruel, unrelenting ruler. Any who dared cross him were strung up at the city gates, stoned and broken. His taxes and tributes took all there was from the residents of the land, lining his coffers with the blood and sweat of those who toiled under him. When the people rose against him, his palace of gold was overrun, and though he took shelter within his own treasury, it offered him no sanctuary. He died atop a grand pile of his own riches, his precious gold dyed red with blood.

He was buried unceremoniously beneath the sands on which he had built his kingdom, even his corpse given no quarter by the desert. And for time untold, he lay forgotten. But now, a tomb bearing the lost name of the tyrant lies open, as though to challenge those foolhardy enough to lay claim to the king's treasure within its bowels.

Some say that the king's followers built the tomb after his death. Others claim it to be a mirage, and that the king truly lies rotted beneath the dunes of sand where his subjects left him, thousands of years ago. But yet more claim that it was the tyrant's own twisted will which brought the tomb into existence, and that his very soul lie within his buried treasure. His dying wish, to be given a burial fit for a king, wrought the dry stone beneath the sand within a single night, cradling the king's treasure at its heart.

To he who would enter the Tyrant's Tomb, wealth unimaginable lay before thee...

QuoteTyrant's Tomb
DM: Eireleen
Suggested Players: 3-5
Suggested Level: 2
Length: Short
Summary: Dungeon crawl
Goal: Find the king's lost treasure
Rewards
1500 exp (split between the party)
1500 gold (split between the party)

Oath

Upon hearing about this mission, I knew it was one that I had to do. The story behind it all was fascinating, even if it meant that I might be harmed in the process. Surely others will be going along, and I would rather not hear tales of Guild members falling in combat, I would rather be there and try to prevent it. "This might be some sort of tall tale, but my curiosity has gotten the better of me. Here's hoping that it interests others just as much."

[spoiler] I'm in! [/spoiler]

Emperor Wilbers

When Saendal heard tell of this daunting exploration to uncover the king's lost treasure he wanted in right away, no matter the circumstances. When he heard that Ryine was going on this expedition it raised the stakes just a bit more; he had to go. He would not let his stance in the guild be undermined by a man, not that he has personal distaste towards Ryine. It was decided then. He would go on this perilous journey and find the Tyrant King's lost treasure.

Hasabushi

Ludar read over the new entry to the guild quests, the one that caught his eye was known as the "Tyrants Tomb", it was a fascinating read and even more important there appeared to be a great opportunity for buried treasure, and even better a test of a clerics mettle in battle.

He nodded to the guild lady who sat precariously perched on a exotic looking magical stool, it seemed to hover as she moved back and forth assigning quests and giving the occasional flirtatious wink at some young newcomer. He struck his mark across the bottom of the contract, clearly stating that the guild was not responsible for loss of limb or life.

Gathering his belongings he picked the contract up in hand, and headed to the teleportation room.

Throndir

Annia had seen the lady who looked through the missions handed to the guild and in turn handed them out to guild members, but perhaps it was the lady's attitude or the way she moved around that Annia just did not like.

True, that lady usually had more variety and the mission board only obtained some of the missions (after all there was only so much space to put on a board, even if it was long), but nonetheless it was a lot more simpler for Annia to go through the items herself, rather than going through a third party, even if the lady was the official keeper of the missions.

Going through them, she saw a posting of a buried treasure deep in some desert. It hasn't been that long since she had joined the Guild of Galas'nor, and though she had already partaken in a few missions in the past, they each have been small, shorter, and simpler jobs. Something about the adventure of going out into the unknown appealed to Annia, though she refused to admit it.

It has been a long time since I ventured away from this city after all. Annia thought. She looked towards the katana she wore at her side. I am sure you'd like to have a chance to get further away from this city too. Though the blade did not respond, she knew her mentor heard her.

Manzokushi

He was the busy sort these days it would seem. The guild had progressively gotten more active these past few months. Perhaps somewhere far off something was starting to stir. It was hard to say for sure but one way or another this would be a good opportunity to stretch out and see the world. His age if it had taught him anything was that the world was always changing. The only way one learned is to get out and experience life in all its splendor.

Eireleen

The mission will begin tomorrow!