Chapter 2.1 - A Request for Aid

Started by pringerbeam, December 17, 2020, 08:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

Riven seeing that Bel is struggling lets out an enraged howl and goes to maul the creature from behind.

[info]Move to flank with Bel and then maul the creature with two bites.
Bite 1
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 2 + 7, total 9[/blockquote]

Damage
[blockquote]Rolled 1d10+6 : 7 + 6, total 13[/blockquote]

Bite 2 (-5)
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 12 + 2, total 14[/blockquote]

Damage
[blockquote]Rolled 1d10+6 : 1 + 6, total 7[/blockquote][/info]

pringerbeam

A fog begins to creep into Belsarus's mind but fades away without incident. As the creature continues to grapple Belsarus, Riven is able to catch it from behind. They miss with their first strike into the melee but their second attack succeeds, tearing through one of the arms of the creature. Out of the stump, more vines erupt and begin to whip out at everyone nearby.

[okay]Belsarus is unaffected[/okay]
[error]Riven attacks and misses Creature 3[/error]
[okay]Riven attacks and damages Creature 3[/okay]
[info]Jo'Daven to take turn[/info]

Encounter Info
[spoiler]Roll20 Link

Initiative Order: Riven, Jo'Daven,  Spira, Helba, Melody, Creature 2, Belsarus, Creature 1, Creature 3, Creature 4

Log
Riven damages Creature 3
Creature 3 damages and grabs Belsarus
Belsarus misses Creature 3
Melody slays Creature 1
Helba slays Creature 2
Spira misses Creature 3
Jo'Daven damages Creature 1
Riven slays Creature 4
[/spoiler]

frogman210

Jo'Daven will use 2 actions to move 40 feet to the last creature and then use his 3rd action to pummel him with Flury of blows! POW! OOH! WAM!

Flurry Of Blows Attack Roll

Attack Roll

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 8 + 7, total 15[/blockquote]

Damage Roll

[blockquote]Rolled 1d8+1 : 1 + 1, total 2[/blockquote]

Jo'Davan screams "Take that you ugly... whatever you are! Go back to where you came from and leave these fine folk alone!"

frogman210

Reflex Roll

... please don't be crap please don't be crap.. that plus 9 is good please don't let the roll be crap.. The party hears muttered under Jo'Davens breath...

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+9 : 17 + 9, total 26[/blockquote]

Mysticsage

[info]reflex save
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 12 + 4, total 16[/blockquote][/info]

frogman210

Attack Roll

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 19 + 7, total 26[/blockquote]  For the 2nd attack of flurry of blows

Damage Roll

[blockquote]Rolled 1d8+1 : 6 + 1, total 7[/blockquote]

pringerbeam

The creature's grasping vines seek out Riven and Jo'Daven, whipping out to snare the two but fail to find purchase. Jo'Daven's strikes on the other hand find their mark and decapitate the creature which falls to the ground in a writing mass of vines.

[okay]Riven is unaffected

Jo'Daven is unaffected[/okay]
[okay]Jo'Daven attacks and damages Creature 3

Jo'Daven attacks and slays Creature 3[/okay]
[info]Encounter over.

Everyone gains 80 xp[/info]

frogman210

Jo'Davan stands overlooking the make-shift battlefield for a few moments... There seems to be a distraught look on his face. After a little bit he seems to shake it off and looks back to the rest of the party.

Is everyone ok?

While waiting for the response he begins to look through what is left of the corpses to see if there is anything that might catch his eye.

pringerbeam

Riffling through the pockets of the creature's clothes, you find some spare coin. In doing so you get a better look at the creatures. They appear to be humanoid corpses but inside them are masses of vines.

[info] You find 4 sp and 12 cp on the bodies[/info]
[info]Nature check to identify the creatures[/info]

frogman210

Hey everyone, I found a few coins, you want to split these?

Jo'Daven extends his hand in a gesture towards the group.

Rolling for Nature Check to Identify the bodies

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 7 + 6, total 13[/blockquote]

pringerbeam

[info]Nature: 13
     While they might at first look to be zombies or some other undead, these are actually Yellow Musk Thralls. Named for the dangerous plant which creates them by boring vines into entrapped victims, they are corpses that are animated by the vines growing inside them. They act to feed and nourish their mother plant and are incapable of behaviors more complicated than seeking out and capturing more victims, preferably humanoids but any animal can do if they can catch them.

Yellow Musk Thrall
Traits: N, Medium, Plant, Mindless
HP: 12, AC 14, Weakness: Fire, Immune: Mental
Attacks
Unarmed +7, 1d4+3 Bludgeoning plus Grab (creature may automatically Grab anyone it successfully hits) and Pollen Touch
Abilities
Pollen Touch: Creatures hit by the thrall's unarmed attack must make a Will save or be fascinated by the mother Yellow Musk Creeper
Limb Extension: When the Thrall reaches 5 or less HP its animating vines burst forth.  The Thrall extends its reach to 10 ft and it gains Entangling Tendrils
Entangling Tendrils: Anytime the Thrall ends it turn or an enemy ends its move or turn within 5 ft of the Thrall they must make a Reflex save or be Grabbed by vines.

[/info]

frogman210

So, if someone wants to split this up I will hand it over to you to do the math. Not my strong side.

Holds coins out to whoever would like to divey them up

So I was just wondering as we walked along here...

Would someone fill me in on how you all met and came to be adventuring together?

Oath

"Well, despite our appearance, we were present at the Call for Heroes at Breachill recently. We were attacked, there was a fire, some other stuff happened and we've been working together since. I think that's a nice and tidy retelling of the tale. As for the coin, we can keep it in a sort of slush fund for our adventure and when the mission is over split it up after that, though it isn't likely that we will need to be greasing any palms with coin on this outing."

frogman210

Sounds like you were lucky to find each other. I will let you keep track of the slush fund if you wish.

Jo'Davan hands the coins over.

Everyone else doing ok? No one got too messed up in the fight, did they?

Asta

"I remain unscathed." Spira answered, looking off into the woods. "I wonder if we will be encountering more of these. They might be the reason we were called out here."