[Open]A Missing Heirloom

Started by Oath, May 31, 2015, 01:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oath

It was another day of business as usual at the Guild of Galas'nor. The jovial atmosphere that could infect just about anyone ever present. As the members seemed to be celebrating for no reason other than to celebrate, a somber presence washed over the Guild. A well dressed woman walked into the Guild, with an attendant. After looking around a few moments, she walked over towards the mission board with grace, and tacked up a document before turning around and leaving as swiftly as she had come.

A Missing Heirloom

A family heirloom that has been passed down in the Whitfield house for as many generations as anyone can remember has been stolen from our estate. We have reason to believe that whoever has taken this has a hideout somewhere outside of town. This issue feels out of scope of the guard, so we have come to the Guild of Galas'nor for help. Please come to the Whitfield estate and speak to Ms. Caroline Whitfield for further information.

[info]
Goal: Go on an adventure to find the stolen heirloom.
Players: 4-6 (One spot almost certainly going to Ronin if he wants to play since he's not in any missions)

Completetion reward: (subject to change)
700 gold pieces per person
600 exp per person.

Style: Dungeon crawl, light RP, Traps and Combat.
[/info]

InhumanRonin

From the corner of the guild's main room Nomblilin was playing some music to help pass a little time and unwind since he just recently arrived to the guild. Out of the corner of his eyes he notices around the mood around the room slowly starts to turn more serious as a noble looking woman and her assistant head towards what he was told on arrival is the mission board. The woman has quick as if she was trying not to draw attention to herself she pinned a document and and left."She seemed quite distressed I wonder what is going on." Nomblilin wondered to himself as the song he was playing came to an end. "I wonder what this document is all about?" Nomblilin wonders to him self as he walks over to the board. Once getting to the board Nomblilin locates the woman's document and begins to read it. "Oh wow what kind of people would steal a family heirloom from someone? These people must be stopped before more harm can be done to anyone else's property!" Nomblilin thinks to himself and proceeds to ask around the guild to find out the location of the Whitfield estates.
Famous last words- DONT WORRY GUYS I GOT THIS!

GG - Henon     

Bootman

The shaman examined the board with an odd expression. It was one of clear difficulty. Not that he was having trouble reading, though one might assume that of Aion if they knew him. No, it was that it didn't feel... heroic. There was nothing grand about the mission... just lost item recovery. He examined it with furrowed brows for a bit longer, until he saw another adventurer sign up. He sighed with defeat, realizing that a real hero doesn't think like this. A real hero is a defended of justice, wherever he's needed. This would be a good start, so reluctantly, Aion signed up.

Neko

"Hnnnnn!" Sophie's arms reached skyward as she stretched, her bright eyes fluttering open. A warm light washed across her bed, letting her know it was time to get up. For the first time in a while, Sophie had taken a day off. "Morning mimic~". The maid said cheerfully, hearing the rustling of feathers as her familiar hopped across her sheets, and up toward her pillow. "I'm hungry." Was the only response she received. With a giggle, Sophie brushed the covers aside, Making her way over to the closet.

Having gotten ready for the day, Sophie made her way downstairs, Mimic sitting comfortably on her shoulder. She nodded to various guild mates as she passed by, most wishing her a fun and restful day off. Her first goal of the day was to go shopping for some corn, though. While the kitchen was generally open to her at all times, she liked to keep a personal stash in her room just for her little crow.

However, a little something caught her eye. "Oh look mimic, a new mission!" Sophie said, watching as an unfamiliar woman posted a new note. "Should we check it out?" She glanced at Mimic. "Food, Sophie." He responded. Sophie rolled her eyes, making her way over to the board despite her familiar's one track mind. The woman had already left before she made it there, though. "Lets see..." Sophie quickly scanned over the message. "Oh, silly thieves! Always such trouble!" Sophie thought, remembering her own thief related ordeals. It was a common issue when your family owned a farm. She smiled, a bit of excitement welling up at the thought of joining her guild mates in a mission once again. She was scared of being a bit rusty, but had faith she'd be of some help.

"Yeah, lets do it Mimic!" Sophie said.
Mimic sighed.
"Ok, ok, but food first."

The maid went off to the market, grabbing a bit of breakfast before preparing for her journey to the Whitfield estate.

Linwelin

Normally, Vladimir would not meddle in the lives of petty thieves, having been there once himself. The only exceptions were taking something of obvious personal value to the original owner, and to steal out of blatant malevolence. Thus this poster, notifying the guild of the former exception, rubbed Vladimir the wrong way. A note-worthy thief can always find a balance between risk, reward, and collateral damage done. They chose too grandiose of a mark, and it's about to bite back. They're no more than bandits, no class at all.

"I'm in." He nods to himself, signing up for the task. "It's been a long time since I've gone after a bounty." A smirk slowly crept across his face as he is unable to hide the excitement of hunting.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]