[Open] The sewers are...TOO clean?

Started by Linwelin, March 22, 2015, 07:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

It was another comfortable, sunny day in Ternadan, even for the colorful and rowdy Guild of Galas'nor. Other than a few mishap missions, and a rather odd, experimenting wizard, things were going smoothly for all the members. But in the midst of the calm, joyous day, one rather unsettled character was standing in front of the request board. A town guard, in fact, with his hand scratching his head as he stared at a piece of paper in confusion before tacking it to the message board. Once done, still confused, the guard walked out to return to his duties.

Of course, this activity had caused more than a few curious glances, and slowly, members began to approach the message to investigate.

Request for Investigation

Recent patrols around the city sewer outlets have come back with some rather strange reports.
About two weeks ago, the guards noted a strange lack of refuse and debris, and that the area generally seemed cleaner.
We were more rejoicing at this notion than anything, and quickly reported to the city that whatever efforts they'd made to
clean the underground were having noticeable results. A few days later, someone responded to the report.
They weren't cleaning the sewers.

It was at that point in time that the first patrol went missing, and there were signing of blockages within the sewer depths due to the
decreased water flow. Since that began, we lost multiple patrols trying to investigate. It's obvious we don't have the skill
and expertise to deal with these strange happenings. Visit the the guard barrack and seek me out. Please help us
solve this mystery.

-Stefan Fonseca, Captain of the Guard

[info]
Goal: Venture into the sewers and track down the cause of the "cleanliness".
Would like as many people as possible for this so I can make it bigger, at least 4. Since we're all level 3 now, everyone's welcome.
Completion reward:
3000g, split between party
1500 experience bonus, split between party.

This does not include loot and combat rewards, nor "Best of" poll experience rewards.
[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Wolfrin Fenris

Kynn slammed the door to her room as she stormed out. Her boots clanked and clopped loudly as she strode down the hallway. Fury radiated off her.
She'd been in a foul mood ever since joining the guild, although through no fault of theirs. All things aside she rather liked it here. The rooms were somewhat small for her new-found bulk and the food was decent at best, but the other guild members made up for all that. No two of them were alike in temperament or appearance, but they all shared their desire for adventure and excitement.

More importantly, she had to admit to herself, in such an odd group I hardly stand out. She growled in frustration and struck the nearest wall with her gauntleted fist. And just that quickly I'm back to it. She'd had only one thing on her mind since joining the guild. Herself.

Rounding a corner towards the main hall she came to an abrupt halt, just managing not to trample a serving man. "Hey," he cried out as they nearly collided and he dropped a tray with assorted dishes on it. "Why don't you watch-" he began but the words seemed to die on his tongue as he finally looked at her, a look of fear quickly covering his face. She bit back the apology she'd intended to give and walked past him. She realized she was growling, a deep hum of anger that did nothing to reassure the poor man, and stopped. Her mood wasn't his fault, and she knew she shouldn't take it out on him, but gods she was getting sick of seeing that look when people noticed her features.

Maybe I need to get away from here for a while, she thought. I need something to hit, she corrected herself. With that thought in mind she strode over to the request board. There were a variety of postings, ranging from finding a lost pet, to accompanying a caravan as a guard. Deciding after her last job as a caravan guard she might never entertain that particular notion again, she kept scanning till one notice caught her eye. Reading over it quickly she strode towards the main door and out into the streets of Ternadan.

She was fairly new to the city and despite believing she knew where she was heading, she still managed to get lost. Twice. Her anger now at a fine boil, she strode into the guards post, catching a guardsman's arm as he passed. "Tell Captain Stefan I need to speak to him. Now," she growled, releasing the man, who quickly took off in the opposite direction; to alert the captain, she hoped. Temper, she reminded herself, her foot tapping as she waited impatiently.
BEEP

Dan-e

Upon reading the posted request for investigation Markus was indeed intrigued, "Not the cleanest of jobs... but this should help to fill the coin purse." Markus thought to himself as he headed off to the guard barracks to offer his services to Stefan Fonseca.

Nyuko Nyun

The young cat-boy paced around as his thoughts continued to think about what he had just seen. He had recently began idolizing a certain guild member who claimed he was the handsomest and strongest in the guild, and Nyuko took it upon himself to learn the man's ways. But something didn't add up. Just an hour ago he had seen the man dressed extremely fancy-like, serving food to various guild members. Not only that, he had seen him clean things too.

His sister, Nyaoko, always told him to pick up after himself, but he never really took it seriously. Older sisters always tell you to pick up things. But if his role model was doing it, shouldn't he be doing the same? Not that he was against it, it would make his sister happy too right? Making Nyaoko happy always made Nyuko feel better as well.

"I'm going to clean-nya! For my sister!" He announced to no one in particular. Unfortunately for him, someone did respond.

Katrias Lyseer

"You know there is a mission about cleaning I saw on the board." Katrias spoke. Her tone of voice as uneven as ever. "Didn't really read into it much, mentioned something about sewers so I'm not really interested." Even as she spoke, she continued reading her book, not even bothering to look up at Nyuko.

"Also as much as I love seeing you pace around, it's also distracting. There is a reason no one really hangs out in this corner you know." She continued as she pointed to a makeshift sign she had nearby. In clear bold words it said:

Katrias' Spot. Keep Away.

"Anyways kid. Go do that mission. For your sister." Katrias said sarcastically, dismissing him.
Idiots. A whole bunch of idiots.

Nyuko Nyun

"You're a kid too-nyan!" Nyuko complained. Katrias didn't seem to be much older than himself, maybe a couple years at most. The way she acted sometimes really annoyed him. She really only got along with this Shandon fellow, and seemed to distance herself from everyone else.

"Nyeeh!" Nyuko said as he stuck his tongue out, making a face as he moved to the board. He moved fast. Katrias probably would have said something.

He swore he could hear her say 'idiot'

Katrias Lyseer

"..."

Katrias watched as the catboy went to the mission board, reading the investigation request. She sighed as she went back to her reading.

"Idiot."
Idiots. A whole bunch of idiots.

Oath

Ryine watched as the guard sort of fumbled about in front of the board before posting his request and leaving. He seemed troubled by whatever the problem he was. At least troubled enough to ask the Guild for help.

Standing up, Ryine walked over to the board after the guard had left. "A sewer that is too clean? That sounds like the opposite of a problem!" Ryine was confused. It didn't seem like anything was wrong. He continued to read. "The sewers are clean, and nobody is doing it? We have MAGICAL SELF CLEANING SEWERS IN THE CITY NOW?! Wow, A lot has changed since I was gone!" Ryine was baffled. Why did the guard seem so confused? There was nothing wrong. Clean sewers, something many a city could only dream of. Why would the town guard possibly need the help of the Guild of Galas'nor with something that seemed like a solution! After several minutes of pondering why this could possibly be a problem, Ryine realized that there was still more to read. "Oh! People have gone missing in the sewers, and that is the problem!" Well, they should have just said that in the first place, he thought to himself as he went sprinting out of the guild to go and find this Stefan Fonsica fellow.

InhumanRonin

Nomblilin was looking over the board to see if there was anything he could do to get a new story to turn into music and of course fill his pockets with some gold. While browsing he noticed something about cleaning the sewers. "Well this is quite integrating guards going missing, clean sewers, and blockage this sounds quite messy actually. I don't know if this is something i should help with but since I will be here a while I might as helpout. Nomblilin could only imagine what creatures could be waiting in the sewers to ambush but he pressed on to the guard barracks.
Famous last words- DONT WORRY GUYS I GOT THIS!

GG - Henon     

Linwelin

GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Sonares

It will be fun she said, Knowledge at your fingertips.What a waste of time, I Should be out there trying to find that ...She was mumbling to herself as she walked into the guild. Still a bit shy she found a lone table to sit. With a great sigh she roamed her mind trying to seek out her next plan. This is getting no where and fast, The books here are many but none offer I am looking for.She noticed how the rest of the guild kept going up to this board. What makes it so special? She gets up and walks towards it, Notices a multitude of papers stuck on it. some read wild kobold roaming the farmlands need exterminator , Below it reward. This is interesting , so you do a job and get paid quite a bit.She recalls a book store and how the prices where quite out of her range. Maybe a small job will fill my pocket, Something easy. She scans the board, a parchment catches her eye. "Sewers are too clean?"she talks under her breath. Reads the description , A missing person dilemma. Yes this will do , How hard can a missing person mission be in some clean sewers? " Stefan huh, guess ill just pay him a little visit and he can pay me with gold." She smiles and walks out , finally some progress.