Book 1 - Chapter 4.1: Black Bag Job

Started by Asta, March 06, 2021, 07:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pringerbeam

[info] Forgot damage (Slashing) [blockquote]Rolled 1d8+3 : 6 + 3, total 9[/blockquote][/info]

Asta

As the dog-thing rushes past Thedrin, a quick backwards swipe catches the creature in the neck. A crimson arc follows the blade as it returns to a ready position to fend off further attacks from the hobgoblins.

[okay]Thedrin takes an AOO on Dog-thing, dealing 9 damage and knocking it unconcious.[/okay]

[spoiler=Combat Log]
Roll20
Initiative Order: Scathach, Hobgoblin 1, Cecilia, Rhenri, Dog-Thing, Hobgoblin 2, Goblin 2, Thedrin, Goblin 3

Round 1:
Scathach shoots goblin 2, 10 damage
Hobgoblin 1 attacks Thedrin, miss
Rhenri shoots hob 1, 7 damage
Hob 2 attacks Thedrin, miss
Thedrin AOO dog thing, 9 damage
[/spoiler]

pringerbeam

Thedrin spins in place to swing at the dog-creature before wheeling back around to thrust at the hobgoblin he had already wounded. "We have them now! Strike the other down!" He shouts as he draws his blade back to guard.

[info]Standard Action: Attack Hobgoblin 2[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+10 : 10 + 10, total 20[/blockquote]
     Damage (Slashing)[blockquote]Rolled 1d8+5 : 5 + 5, total 10[/blockquote]

Move Action: Combat Advice to give Cecelia +2 to hit Hobgoblin 1[/info]

Asta

Thedrin's attack caught the hobgoblin full in the chest, sending out another gout of blood from its already battered body. The creature's eyes rolled backwards in its skull before passing out from massive blood loss.

Meanwhile, the remaining goblin knocked a crude arrow in his shortbow and fired at Cecilia, but the magic barrier surrounding her sent the missile bouncing away harmlessly. Nearby, Scathach fired off her own series of arrows at the remaining hobgoblin, landing both shots in its flank.

Now severely wounded, the hobgoblin strikes at Thedrin with his sword, the attack finding purchase and cutting a small gash across the paladin's cheek.

Finally Cecilia's spell is complete, and at the conclusion of her arcane chanting a powerful wave of exhaustion washes over her target. Unable to resist, the goblin slumps to the ground snoring loudly.

[okay]Thedrin attacks Hobgoblin 2, dealing 10 damage, now unconscious and dying[/okay]
[okay]Goblin 3 shoots Cecilia and misses[/okay]
[okay]Scathach shoots Hobgoblin 1 twice, 6 damage[/okay]
[error]Hobgoblin 1 attacks Thedrin, 4 damage[/error]
[okay]Goblin 3 is now asleep[/okay]

[spoiler=Combat Log]
Roll20
Initiative Order: Scathach, Hobgoblin 1, Cecilia, Rhenri, Thedrin, Goblin 3

Round 1:
Scathach shoots goblin 2, 10 damage
Hobgoblin 1 attacks Thedrin, miss
Rhenri shoots Hob 1, 7 damage
Hob 2 attacks Thedrin, miss
Thedrin attacks Hob 2, 10 damage, dying/unconscious
Goblin 3 shoots Cecilia, miss
Round 2:
Scathach shoots Hob 1, 6 damage
Hob 1 attacks Thedrin, 4 damage
Goblin 3 asleep
[/spoiler]

Oath

Cecilia moves towards the last hobgoblin standing and fires an acid dart towards the her target.

[info]Moving towards last hobgoblin, firing acid dart. including penalty for firing into melee.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20-1 : 18 - 1, total 17[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6+1 : 3 + 1, total 4[/blockquote]
[/info]

Asta

The acid dart smacks the hobgoblin full in the face, melting the flesh and sending him to the ground unconscious from shock.

[info]Combat over, everyone gets 356 exp.[/info]

"Well, that coulda been worse." Scathach remarks as she goes to tie up the sleeping goblin. "I guess we should see if the had anything good stashed in that watch tower then head home?"

pringerbeam

"I suppose... I was hoping we would encounter a higher ranking hob of some sort but those two were too easy to defeat. Something more fitting my mighty skill to bring back as a token of proof to the captain of my nobility." Said Thedrin as he headed over to check out the tower, healing himself along the way.

[info] Using Lay on Hands on self[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 2, total 2[/blockquote][/info]

pringerbeam

[info] Repeating use[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4[/blockquote][/info]

Asta

Within the crumbling tower, you find a small pile of trade goods most likely stolen from traveling merchants as well as a small bag of coins.

[info]The trade goods are of incidental value, and probably not worth burdening your mounts with. The bag contains 57 gold.[/info]

pringerbeam

"Hm, I was hoping there would be a map of some kind to their stronghold. Would have saved us the interrogation and we could have returned to town with the leader's head on a pole." Says Thedrin as he took his share of the coin.

Asta

Scathach shrugged, "It is what it is, should we head back? Or camp here for the night?"

pringerbeam

"As keen as I would be to return to town and a real bed, it is getting late and it's a decent trek back to town. I say we rest here." Suggests Thedrin.

Throndir

Rhenri nodded in agreement as she proceeded to make her way to the fallen goblinoids except for the captured one.

[info]Head over to the goblinoid bodies (except the sleeping one). Slit their throats to ensure death. Search them, retrieve anything of value, or of interest, and strip them of weapons and armor. Take 20 on each body to go over them properly.

For sleeping goblinoid, remove their weapons that are easily removable without interrupting their sleep.[/info]

Asta

After a thorough search (and swift execution) of each of the defeated goblins, Rhenri turns up empty handed. Shortly after, you make camp in the ruins of the tower to rest until dawn.

[info]The bodies only have mundane, and slightly damaged equipment. This is essentially the end of the thread and we'll return to the main one after you post perceptions for your turns at watch, provided you are setting a watch order.[/info]

pringerbeam

[info]1st watch
Perception[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 12 + 2, total 14[/blockquote][/info]